Choose our life

The after life

"What do you mean?"

--------------

"Kyungsoo", Luhan calls out. The journalist turns around.

"You know for how long Ive been looking for my sister, my sisters grave, anything...", he starts.

"Yes I know, but they said they didnt know. I took a look at the pictures and...yeah it cant be understood. Kyungsoo, this cant break your family"

"Why would he hide this? Why would they? What else did they hide?"

"Nothing more! What are you saying? He is the man that saved your life, pretty literally...Kyungsoo listen to me: they are not their parents, they are not murderers".

Kyungsoo goes back, in firm steps, to the kitchen. He looks like he can perfectly punch somebody and Luhan wants to stop him. However, near the door, he stops himself.

------------------

"What I mean is that...we didnt escape because we wanted us to be together, we havent been married since we came to China", Xiumin is just learning this. "To be honest with you I, till this day, I dont know what made him come with me. Maybe he really couldnt live in Korea anymore...I dont know. The point is that when we arrived here, he was very hepfull and went out, he made all the contacts to find new pappers for me. At some point he told me we should say that we were brothers...and so we did. For a really long time...well for some time...", Xiumin nodded. "When we finally settle he was working in small market and I was doing my first work at a local small hospital. One day he started to talk to me about a guy that worked with him", the voice started to become sadder and sadder. "They started dating some time later, he was a good guy, he thought I was Kyungsoos older brother...".

"What were your feellings for him back then?"

"The same as now...I always, from the first moment...", he lowered his head. "I never told him...he doesnt know...Anyway, the relationship was very much official and serious, or so we thought. Seing this, I thought that I was gonna have to start again, far from them give them space? I really couldnt watch that anymore you know? I started looking for other hospitals in other cities...One day I found him crying in the middle of my living room. He was pregnant, he had told the guy and the guy left him. I told him that maybe the guy freaked out, that he should give him some time, the next day I went to talk to him, I told him, tried to make him take responsabillity for Kyungsoo and the baby, I couldnt believe it. I was not gonna let Kyungsoo have such destiny...", he took a sip at the water that his elder cousin just gave him. "A week later I went to look for the guy again, Kyungsoo had taken a sick leave, they told me he left, he didnt work there anymore, that his parents had called him to his hometown. I told this to Kyungsoo, I asked him if he wanted us to go there, he said no, he said that more than one time in is life he had this thought: that he was gonna have to be a single father to a bastard child. So I, I....some days later I told him that if he...if he wanted, I could take responsability for them, give my name to that child, be...be the father. Yes, be the father", Xiumin had a hand on his mouth keeping him gasping outloud. "So we left the town and came to Beijing. We got married...I think he was like five months in his pregnancy when...we...had our first kiss", he smiled sadly. "After that Yun Myen came and well, we became a family. But...I dont think that he ...I think he is really thankfull, but I doubt he actully loves me...the way Luhan loves you...he never wanted to have a baby of our own. Dont get me wrong I love Yun, he is my son, but sometimes I wish...You know, last year, he had an affair with his editor, he is looking for a reason to leave me. I think I just gave him one".

Xiumin sighs, this is his fault, he pressed his cousin into doing this with out knowing anything. Is this the reason why Xouho was refusing so bad. Damn Chanyeol and his sudden appearance.

---------------

"Where did Kyungsoo go?", Xiumin asks Luhan, Xouho is on their backyard smoking.

"He needed a moment I guess. He heard everything that your cousin told you"

"Oh...", a pause, "...and what...what do you think?", Xiumin was afraid of Luhans reaction.

"Im fine Is just...I cant believe that there are still things that you dont tell me about the past. Is there, is there anything else?"

"No, nothing else"

"For how long have you known of the pictures?"

"I found out the other day. I guess I forgot"

"I...I love you, you know that right?", Xiumin nodded. "Even if you had anything to do with your familys bussiness, at this point of our lives, I wont, I cant leave you. I wont be mad so you can really tell me if theres anything...else"

"There isnt, really", Luhan sighed and went to hug his husband.

"God Bunny, we cant catch a break", he kissed said Bunnys forehead.

"I know, Im sorry", Xiumin hugged Luhan back. "Im not hiding anything else I swear".

The front door opened, Kyungsoo walked to them.

"Can I ask you for a favor?", the couple noded. "Can Yun stay here tonight?"

"Of course", Xiumin answered.

-------------------------------

Kyungsoo walked to the backyard to his husband.

"I think we should go home", he said with the coldest voice. When Xouho turned around he could see it in his eyes, all the years in that look, the years of fear, of running away, of hard work, away from his land, as a fugitive. So much in those sad aging eyes.

"Yeah, lets go".