The Meet Up

. . .Can We?

 

 

The flaw of the fighting has passed. Jessica has forgotten what happened the previous day. She’s too excited for Donghae’s surprise later for their 6th anniversary. She hardly slept last night because of too much thinking.

 

 

She rose early to bed with a smile on her lips. She immediately took her phone on the drawer and contacted Donghae.

 

 

 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

 

 

“Hello?” Donghae greeted in a husky voice.

 

 

“Good morning, hubby!” Jessica exclaimed with gladness.

 

 

“Happy Anniversary, hubby. I love you so so much!” he said with a trace of enjoyment in his voice.

 

 

“Same here, Hubby. I love you too. Why’s your voice a bit husky? Are you still in bed?” she asked while smiling in front of the mirror.

 

 

“No. Maybe because I slept late last night.” He explained.

 

 

“Oh, poor Hubby. You should sleep some more.” She reminded him with concern.

 

 

“I can’t sleep more. I have to go to the office early.”

 

 

“My hubby is working too hard this past few days.” She said with a sudden sadness in her tone.

 

 

“I’m working too hard for you, for our future. So, you should not worry too much about hubby, okay? Anyways, I will pick you up at seven, so, you should be ready before seven, okay?” he reminded her.

 

 

“Yes, hubby. Ah, should I hang up now?” she asked immediately.

 

 

“Yes, hubby. I’m on my way to my car now. See you later.” He said while attempting to open the door of his car with his free hand.

 

 

“Okay, then. I love you, hubby.” She said sweetly.

 

 

“I love you, too. Bye.” He answered and immediately bid goodbye.

 

 

When Donghae hung up, Jessica took a sit in front of the mirror and brushed her long hair happily. She smiled at her reflections in the mirror with thoughts in her head.

 

 

‘You look beautiful today, Jessica.

Oh, not just today but everyday.

You should prepare for your dinner date later’

 

 

While Jessica is having a good time alone, Donghae drove his way to the office. He reached it 15 before 7. Though tired and feeling lazy, he managed to greet everyone with a small smile on his face. When he reached his room located at the 25th floor, he noticed an unfamiliar face when he entered his room.

 

 

 “Good Morning, Sir. Is there anything you need?” she asked lively and bowed her head.

 

 

“A cup of coffee, please?” Donghae commanded her placing his suit case on his seat.

 

 

A few minutes later, he saw her coming. She slowly placed the cup of coffee on his desk.

 

 

“Anything more, Sir?” she asked him again wearing a soft smile on her face.

 

 

“Nothing. Thank you! By the way, are you my new secretary?” he asked her while busily searching for the papers he has to sign that morning.

 

 

“Yes, Sir. I’m Hwang Tiffany.” She politely introduced herself to him.

 

 

“I’m your boss, Mr. Lee Donghae.” He introduced himself and smiled for a while. “I’ll just call you if there’s anything I needed.” He continued.

 

 

“Okay, Sir.”

 

 

Before Tiffany turned her back to his, she eyed him closely. She examined his physique. For her, he looked handsome—so manly.

 

 

‘When I first met my boss, I find myself attracted to him.

 I heard my heart saying

Lub dub lub dub lub dub lub dub lub dub’

 

 

“Do you have something to say?” he caught her looking at him.

 

 

Tiffany was startled and she felt she’s blushing. “N. . .nothing, Sir.” She answered in panic.

 

 

“If there’s none, back to your work now.” he vapidly said.

 

 

‘What’s wrong with that girl?

I caught her staring at me.

I wondered,

Is there something on my face?’

 

 

Donghae was a bit distracted because of what happened. But he tried to forget it and set his mind to his work. He wanted to finish his things-to-be done.

 

 

Hours passed by so fast. He took a glimpse in his wristwatch and noticed that it’s 5 before 6.

 

 

He took a deep breath. His body felt tired, so his mind. He stood up and does some stretching before leaving his room. He was about to stepped out of the door when Tiffany approached him.

 

 

“Sir, are you going home now?” she asked with curiosity in her eyes.

 

 

“Yes. Why? Is there anything that needs my signature or approval?” he asked too while looking at his wristwatch for the nth time.

 

 

“None, Sir.” She shook his head. “It’s just that you’re going home too early.” She added.

 

 

“I’m the boss, so, no one should dictate me when to stay and when to go.” He said annoyed.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Sir. I’m just saying.” She apologized with a red face.

 

 

“For you to know, it’s just today that I have to leave early because I awe something to my girl.”

 

 

“You’re in relationship?!”She asked astonished.

 

 

“Yes, for 6 years now. Do you have to know my personal life?” he said with antipathy.

 

 

Tiffany felt a stab in her heart. She stood silently in front her boss.

 

 

“If only I knew that you approached me just to know my life, I didn’t wasted my time talking to you. I didn’t know aside from being a secretary, you’re a detective too.” He frankly said.

 

 

Upon saying those harsh words to her, Donghae left the room, feeling totally pissed.

 

 

Tiffany felt hurt. She bowed her head and walked towards her table.

 

 

‘And even though I don’t expect

To get your back NOW

Its nice hoping SOMEDAY

I will’

 

:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

 

 

 

 

A/N:

As Haesica celebrates their 6th anniversary, will the much awaited kiss happen? And what’s really the role of Tiffany in the story?

Watch out for that! ^_^