Confusion

. . .Can We?

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Time went by so fast.

 

 

Donghae were still bound to the moment of him and Tiffany alone. Think of it a hundred times. His feelings were in trouble. His heart was perplexed.

 

 

‘I’m totally at loss.

Losing my track.

Losing my mind.’

 

 

A knock interrupted his thought. He saw a familiar image. Tiffany—standing before her, smiling liked nothing happened.

 

“Yes?” Donghae asked with a shocked face.

 

“Sir, you have a lunch meeting today at exactly 11 in the morning.” Tiffany reminded him.

 

“Oh, yes, yes, I know.”

 

“Sir, you seemed out of your mind. Is there something’s bothering you?” Tiffany asked.

 

“No, I’m fine. You can leave now.” he said without looking again to her.

 

“Okay! I’m just outside if you need something.” She said and left immediately.

 

 

‘You look confused.

Is that because of the hug?

Well, you should be more careful.

You might lose your heart.’

 

 

Months had passed, Donghae wasn’t quite the same. He always caught looking at a distant. His mind was floating in the air. He has no time for Jessica. They almost never meet.

 

 

Jessica called once but he didn’t answer the phone. Jessica worried so much, so he went to their house.

 

 

--At Lee’s house:

 

Jessica bowed her head when Donghae’s mom opened the door. “Good evening Aunt is Donghae here already?” she asked politely.

 

 

“Yeah. He’s acting strange these past few days, Honey. Are you two having a fight?” Mrs. Lee whispered with concern.

 

 

Jessica was surprised. “Huh? No, Aunt. We’re doing well.”

 

 

“Oh, come in first. Let’s continue talking inside.” Mrs. Lee stepped aside. “I think you should talk to him. Ask him if everything’s alright.”

 

 

“Thank you, Aunt.” Jessica said while making her way to the living room. “He never contacted me for a month already, so, I decided to visit him.” She confessed to Mrs. Lee.

 

 

“Really?” Mrs. Lee said in a shocked face. “Ah, go up stairs and talk to him. You can help him.” Mrs. Lee added tapping her lap.

 

 

Jessica walked her way to Donghae’s room. He leaned her ears to the door, but he heard nothing. She knocked twice.

 

 

“Mom, I want to be alone now!” Donghae shouted from the inside.

 

 

Jessica released a long sigh. “I-It’s me, hubby. Can I go in?” her voice in a low tone.

 

 

She heard footsteps nearing the door. Her heart started to thud. As the door opened, she saw the desolate appearance of her boyfriend.

 

 

“Hubby, are you okay?” she said venting.

 

 

“Fine. What’re you doing here?” he said coldly.

 

 

“I’m here to visit you, to see you.” She said with a smile.

 

 

“You should not go here.” He responds insipidly.

 

 

“Why are you treating me so coldly this past few days, hubby?” she asked. Her face has become lonely. Smile fades away.

 

 

Donghae unleashed a long sigh. “I’m just being busy—and now I felt so tired. Can I relax even just for a moment, please?” he said while standing in front of her, uttering cold words.

 

 

Jessica never persisted. She turned her back without saying anything. She thought, Donghae would stop her, but not. As she walked away, tears began to form in the corners of her eyes.  She felt pain in her heart.

 

 

‘Donghae, what’s happening to you?

Seems like you’ve change.

Why do you make me feel this way?

Do you know you’re hurting me?’

 

 

Because she felt too much pan, she shut herself in her room and didn’t go out for a few days. She turned off her phone. She didn’t want to be disturbed. She remained like that for a next few days. She didn’t speak. She kept hiding the pain Donghae gave her.

 

 

‘If she loves me, he’ll come here.

Telling me he’s so sorry.

He’ll hug me tight.

And kiss me, like he always did.’

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N:

Will Tiffany succeed in seizing Donghae’s heart?

Will Jessica left to tears?

Will Donghae realize his mistake before it’s too late?