Repentance and Forgiveness

. . .Can We?

 

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

 

Donghae was all alone in the dark evening night. He hid himself from the light. He’s too miserable to enjoy the evening sky filled with stars. He felt so empty, useless, nerveless and stupid. He’s in deep thought when someone handed him a can of beer. He was wonder-struck to saw the familiar image of a lady. She found him. How bad was that!

 

 

“Hwang Tiffany?!” Donghae vented out as his face was filled with surprise.

 

 

Tiffany smirked. “Come on, what’s with that face?” she said.

 

 

“Thanks, but I’m not in the mood to drink. By the way, what’re you doing here? How did you find me?” he asked raising his brow.

 

 

She took a short sip of beer. “You wouldn’t believe me, but, I’m here to apologize.”

 

 

He laughs nonchalantly. “Apologize? Really? Did your conscience emerge?” he said annoyed.

 

 

“After the hard slapped on my face, seeing Jessica in such state I felt pity for myself.” She said with a streak of guiltiness in her voice.

 

 

“Pity for your self? How come you pitied your self?!” he shouted.

 

 

“I pity myself because whatever I do, I will never get you and your heart, even your love. Because of my scheme to steal you from her, I lost the game. ” She answered bitterly.

 

 

 

“You should realize that before. I thought you’re a friend, but I've learned that no matter how good a friend is,they're going to hurt you every once in awhile and you must forgive them for that.”

 

 

 

“I hope you’ll forgive me for my stupidity and greediness. I’ll call Jessica later to tell her that I’m regretful for everything.” She said taking another sip of beer.

 

 

 

“Do you think she’ll forgive you after all the mess you’ve done?” he said plainly staring at nothing.

 

 

“I’m not expecting her to forgive as easy as that becaue I'm the one who put cracks on our friendship. Every wound takes time to heal. But forgiveness—we should say it right away, for us to keep moving with a light heart. So, I’ll keep having this heavy heart as I wait for the right time that she will accept my apology.” Her words were hopeful.

 

 

 

 

“Better yet you continue your life after this. But I? I don’t know where life leads me because it’s been six years since my world revolves around Jessica. And if I live without her tomorrow, I can’t do it because she’s my life.” He said wholeheartedly with pain in his voice.

 

 

 

“I have found the paradox that if you love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love. And because I love you, I’m leaving you two without any of my traces. I will never interrupt both of you. I’m really sorry, Donghae.” She said with tears started to curdle in the corner of her eyes.

 

 

 

“Thank you for the love, but I can’t return the love you feel for me. I know there’s someone out there that’s really destined for you. All you have to do is to wait for the right time and place to meet him. Don’t try to open the door again that you closes, instead wait for another door to open for you.” He said with a calm voice.

 

 

 

“So, I better go now. I have to pack my things for I have an early flight tomorrow. I’m so sorry again. Goodbye.”

 

 

 

“Bye.”

 

 

 

 Tiffany waved his final farewell to him. She decided to leave and travel abroad to find what she really wanted for her life. She planned to study abroad to pursue her dream of being a fashion designer. And as she set off her foot to Korea, she hoped that every heart that she left bleeding, soon will find its way to healing.

 

 

 

‘I caused too much trouble in their lives.

But I hope they’ll find their forgiving hearts.

And I prayed to never cross again their tracks.

For us to be fully recover from this pain of love.

And when the time comes that we didn’t remember why we’re hurt,

That’s the time that we’re all healed.’

 

 

 

 

Donghae stared through the darkness as Tiffany walked her way further to pursue new life. He was still hopeful that tomorrow would be another great day to start anew. He wanted to forget all the hurting and start everything to one. As he drove her way, he promised to bury the past in the blackness of the dark night sky.

 

 

 

‘For every wounded hearts, there’s a scar.

That will reminds us that we are hurt.

And give us inspiration to pull through.

And win the every battle courageously.

The past may hurt me,

But I can either run from it

Or learn from it,

The choice is up to me.’

 

 

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: