PARTING TIME: Overflowing with Tears

. . .Can We?

 

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

 

"To love someone is to wait for him
but you need to love yourself too
by knowing when to walk away."

-Anonymous-

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two Days After:

 

 

 

The scenario outside was too gloomy. As the brightness of the sky were covered with large, dark clouds—the dark clouds that brings heavy rain. Jessica watched the darkness of the sky. There was sadness in her face at that moment. A loud thunder made her quiet heart races. It was followed by luminous lightning strike and strong winds. She felt loneliness inside of her.

 

 

As the time her tears trickled her eyes, the heavy rain fell at the same time.

 

 

 

 Tap.    Tap.     Tap.

 

 

 

 

She heard the every drop of rain on the roof of her bedroom. The of heavy winds with rain on her windowpane creates different sounds.  I heard sounds. Strange sounds as though inviting her to come out and paddle under the pouring rain.

 

 

 

‘Can you hear the cries of my heart?

Are you raining for my unlucky heart?

Are you capable of saving this drowning heart?

Are you ready to take care of this heart?’

 

 

 

A loud thunder again met her questions. She quickly ran out of the door. She opened her hands and soaked her body under the rain. She’s happy to let every drop of rain on her pale white skin when she saw a familiar man under the umbrella. She lifted her eyes and looked at him. After two days, she saw again Donghae. Her tears flow rapidly in her eyes without her knowing. Her tears carried the pain of yesterday.

 

 

 

She didn’t move. She’s like a breathing statue freezing and hardened under the coldness of the rain. She wanted to run away, but in a second, she was hugged with his warm hands. She shed tears again.

 

 

 

“I missed you.” Donghae whispered.

 

 

 

Three words that stabbed her heart—good to hear but you feel the pain. She remained a statue under the rain.

 

 

 

“Jessica, don’t treat me so coldly like before. I’m Sorry. Please talk to me now.” he said as his voice shivered.

 

 

 

“Until now, it’s really hard to decide when you’re too tired to hold on, but you’re too in love to let go.” Jessica uttered as her voice were shaking coz of the irregular thumping of her heart.

 

 

 

“Let’s start all over again. I promise to be more faithful and responsible with your feelings.” He said with assurance.

 

 

 

“I’m too young to die because of the pain and too old to believe in promises.” She mumbled as cold as she.

 

 

 

“Are you tired of loving me?” he quipped as he hugged her tighter.

 

 

 

“I never get tired of loving you. But I’m tired of waiting, assuming, hearing promises, saying sorry and all the hurting.” Her voice was full of pain.

 

 

 

“Sometimes you've got to get hurt in order to grow.Sometimes our visions seem clearer after our eyes are washed out with tears Have a good cry; wash out your heart, if you keep it inside it'll tear you apart. 

 

 

 

Sometimes you lose, but you're going to win if you just hang in.” Her words full of emotions and hope.

 

 

 

Donghae removed his arms around Jessica who’s not hugging him back. He faced her and looked straight to her eyes. Jessica forced a smile, a smile that suddenly fades away.

 

 

 

“Hang in? I don’t think I can go back to the place we were before. To be a Jessica who’s waiting for you. A Jessica you treated like a baby. A Jessica’s whose weak.  A Jessica who cried ‘til her eyes puffed and her heart was tired. I don’t want to be that little Jessica anymore.” Her feeling was getting fierce.

 

 

 

“It’s fine if you want to be a stronger Jessica than before but I’m begging, stay beside...” before he finished what he was saying, Jessica interrupted.

 

 

“For now, I can’t stay. For six years I let my whole life spun around you. I made you the centre of my everyday living. And for me to forget everything, I want to spread my wings and explore the real world I am moving. I’m leaving tomorrow to Europe.” She explained as her felt afraid inside.

 

 

 

“So, you’re leaving me?”

 

 

 

“Yes.” She replied sparingly.

 

 

 

“Go ahead and break my heart since it’s useless without you anyways.” He said harshly.

 

 

 

“Sorry but I have to do this. And now......................” she couldn’t continue as was blocked with something.

 

 

Donghae felt afraid as he guessed what Jessica wants. “And now what?”he asked valiantly to confirmed his suspicion.

 

 

 

“I want to ask for my freedom. Set me free now.” she said without hesitations.

 

 

 

“I guessed it already. I know that’s what you wanted to say.”

 

 

 

“We can still fight for this, Sica...please....” he begged again.

 

 

 

“If it takes great courage to stand and fight for something, sometimes it takes greater courage to just walk away and leave things behind.” She said as her eyes were blurred by her tears.

 

 

 

“Because I love the lady in front of me, I now give you your freedom. Before you go, can I ask one favour?” he said as he held Jessica’s hand for the last time.

 

 

 

“What is it?”

 

 

 

“Can I hug you just for one minute?” his tears started to surround her eyes.

 

 

 

As Jessica nodded, Donghae threw his arms again around the girl she loves the most. He hugged him tight as he knew it was the last time to hug her. He tried to look okay as he felt his heart ripped and bleeding.

 

 

 

I’ll be watching over you... I’ll be there forever... So don’t think you’re alone... I will wait for you to return in my arms. No matter how long I wait, I will wait. I LOVE YOU, which are words all you have to remember.”

 

 

 

As said those final words, Donghae who was totally drenched ran as fast as he could under the rain. He never looked back to where Jessica was standing. His tears started to rolled down his eyes—as heavy as the rain.

 

 

 

 

‘From this day on, I will never fall in love.

I will remain faithful to you as long as you’re away.

The promise I say to you, I will fulfill it.

And though it hurts now, I can endure it.

As long as it’s for your happiness, I can endure it.

Don’t you ever worry about me, coz I’ll be doing fine.

Just fine as you are from the coming days.’

 

 

 

 

I LOVE YOU TOO.” she whispered in the air. Hoping Donghae would hear it.

 

 

 

 

The rainfall had stopped and so the tears of Jessica. She entered the house with a heavy heart, but with a leap of hope behind it. She knew her decision was right coz she knew it was for the good of both of them.

 

 

 

 

“Saying goodbye is not forever, It's a start of a new beginning.

I know the first pace will be hard for both of us.

But as time pass by, we will both used to it.

As we meet each other again soon,

I hope we’ll meet with a smile on our face.

For smile is the beginning of love.

Hae, wait for me and I’ll do the same.’

 

 

-END-

 

 

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

 

A/N: This is the end of my first Haesica fic. i hope everyone love this story as much i did. This is a product of my love for the couple, imagination, hardwork, dedication and love. i wrote this with so much emotion and inspiration in my heart. i hope you feel the different emotion it contains.

"To love someone is to wait for him but you need to love yourself too by knowing when to walk away." I choose this as my header for the last chapter because it matches the theme. It says true, right? If you love someone, whatever it takes you’ll wait for him/her. but in order to do that, you have to love yourself too by walking away and putting ones self on their shoes to understand them. And in that time, you will know the true meaning of love and the essence of waiting.

to all the subscribers who supported this fic all through the way, my deepest gratitude. without you, this would never be a successful. i'm hoping to receive same love and support to my upcoming Haesica fics.

 

Lotsa love,