Two Pained Heart

. . .Can We?

 

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

 

They reached Jessica’s home. Donghae stopped the car in front of the gate. He glanced at Jessica and found her sleeping deeply. He rubbed his palm slowly on Jessica’s cheeks causing her to growl. He leaned towards Jessica and caressed her.

 

 

Jessica felt something on her waist. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Donghae’s arm caressing her. His face was in her chest.  The warmth coming from his body alleviate the coldness she was enduring. She closed her eyes again and pretended she was in deep sleep.

 

 

‘Let’s be like this for awhile, hubby.

Just for tonight, I will let your hug ease the pain.

Just for tonight, I will forget what happened.

Just for tonight, let me....’

 

 

Jessica’s thought was interrupted as she heard Donghae speaking.

 

 

“While I listened to your heart beat, I apologize if I hurt you and made you cry all this time. You never know that I’m always dying inside to see you crying. You never know how much it hurts me to see you like this. I’m so sorry.”

 

 

Donghae’s voice started to become shaky.

 

 

“It’s never my intention to keep this mistake from you. Sorry for my cowardice.”

 

 

And Donghae’s tears started to flow.

 

 

Loyalty is everything. When it comes to relationships, remaining faithful is never an option but a priority.

 

 

She felt like her heart was being stab by a knife. Hearing those words from him, her heart was drowning because of too much happiness. Happy that Donghae was sorry for hurting her. And because of it, it made him realize how important these two are when it comes to relationship.

 

 

“Please stay beside me. I don’t’ know what will happen to me if you leave me. Let’s start anew. I promise to never do it again—I love you, so please just stay.” And he hugged Jessica tightly.

 

 

The tears began to drip from her eyes. She was sobbing.

 

 

 “Hubby, are you awake?” Donghae asked her as he lifted his head and glanced to her.

 

 

“Yes.” She answered while her eyes were still closed.

 

 

“Can I explain now?” he asked as he stared at her eyes.

 

 

“Hmmmmm.” She said.

 

 

“Can I wipe first your tears?” he sounded hesitant.

 

 

Jessica didn’t answer, so Donghae just wiped it without her reply.

 

 

“Ah, Hubby, that night when I drove that drunken woman home, I thought there’s nothing with that. I mean, there’s nothing would happen to us, but as she grabbed my neck and kissed me, I was tempted to...”

 

 

 “You’re tempted to respond on her kisses?” she interrupted.

 

 

 “Y...yeah. But does that mean I didn’t love you. I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you a lie.”

 

 

“Hubby, you should realize that from the very moment you kissed her back.” She said as she opened her eyes and look to his direction.

 

 

“Do you still love me after all?” he asked.

 

 

She looked at him straight to his eyes. “That’s not the question you should ask me.”

 

 

His forehead crumpled. “Huh? What do you mean?”

 

 

“You should ask me if I still trust you.” She said in terse way.

 

 

“So, do you still trust me?” he looked very confuse.

 

 

“A bit.” She replied sparingly.

 

 

“So, then, I want to know if you still love me?” his face with discouragement.

 

 

I trust you are better than I love you. Because you may not always trust the person you love but you can always love the person you trust.” she said stressing every word.

 

 

“So, it only means that you love me a bit?” he asked with traces of pain in his voice.

 

 

The day you betrayed my trust is the day that I lost my trust for you. I believed that you would take care of my heart and that’s why I left it with you. I am taking it back because at this very moment I can’t trust you with all my heart in fear that you will hurt me once more.” She said hiding the pain in every word as she spoke it.

 

 

“But Sica, can you give me another chance?” he asked staring at nothing.

 

 

“I should go now~ it’s really late. Let’s continue this conversation when I have enough courage to tell you what’s my decision.” She said bitterly.

 

 

Jessica turned and walked her way to their house without glancing back to Donghae. Her knees were trembling; her cheeks were flooded with tears.

 

 

Donghae hit the steering wheel with the palm of his hands. He felt so miserable. He wanted to punch someone, shout aloud, and drowned himself with alcohol—too much alcohol to take away all the pain he was feeling. 

 

 

‘Whatever decision you will have,

I’ll accept it with all my heart.

But if that decision requires separation,

I can’t merely accept it willingly.'

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: i'll be having a new fic for the icefishies couple~

so, watch out for that! and i hope to receive it some love from y'all..

and i hope also to read some comments about it very SOON..

enjoy this chapter ^_^

 

Lotsa love,

PinkyElfyAngel ♥