In Parents' Crib

. . .Can We?

 

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

 

Jessica entered the house with her eyes filled with tears. She soon met her Mom who’s seated on the couch; eyes were pasted on the book she was reading. She sat at the other edge of the couch and took a deep breath. Mrs. Jung lifted her face and looked at her daughter’s forlorn appearance.

 

 

“I haven’t noticed that you already arrived. How’s your conversation with Donghae?” Mrs. Jung said, placing the book on her lap.

 

 

Jessica tried to hold back the tears that’s about to seep again in her eyes. “Not well as what you think, Mom.” She said.

 

 

“Oh? Did you two just fight?” Mrs. Jung’s eyes grew wide in bewilderment.

 

 

“No, Mom. We did not fight but still it’s a serious matter what happened between us.” She answered with a dull voice.

 

 

“I think it’s really serious since your face is a bit awkward. Do you need companion to talk and listen to you for tonight?” Mrs. Jung uttered feeling sad for her daughter.

 

 

“Yes, if I’m not interrupting you, Mom.” She said.

 

 

“Of course, honey. Mom has always time for you. Let’s talk to our room, since your father is still in the study room.” Mrs. Jung said.

 

 

So, they walked their way to her parents’ bedroom. She’s thinking about it twice if she still confesses it to her Mom what really happened or not. If she just kept it all by herself it’d be definitely hard for her. But if she unbosoms all the resentment in the arms of her mother, sure it’d lessen the pain.

 

 

“Honey? Are you okay? I’m calling your attention for about a minute already but it seems that you’re in deep thought. Sit beside me, and tell me what’s going on with you.” Mrs. Jung with a worry looks on her face.

 

 

“Mom, in a midst of your long marriage did it ever happen that you caught Dad with other woman? Or kissing somebody else?” Jessica asked her hands on her lap and fiddling consciously.

 

 

“No. It never happens. Your Dad is a faithful man ever since. Why did you ask?” Mrs. Jung responded.

 

 

“Because umm... I caught him kissing my old friend.” She answered her cheeks was filled with tears.

 

 

“What? You caught Donghae kissing your old friend?” her mom repeated.

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

“Did you ever ask his side about that? Did he already explain it to you?”

 

 

“Yes. He said he was tempted at first when he drove that drunken girl home. He said he was sorry and all. But I just can’t believe at him after he betrayed me.” she said with a shaky voice.

 

 

“Honey, being hurt is part of the cycle. When I and your Dad are just beginning our journey together, there is lots of obstacle placed along our way. But we manage to surpass it all.” Mrs. Jung said encouragingly.

 

 

How can we surpass it if keeping the truth is prevailing and trusting is slowly breaking?” she asked meaningfully.

 

 

“Honey, sometimes you have to fall from the mountain to realize what you are climbing for. Obstacles are placed in our way to see if what we want is really worth fighting for.” Mrs. Jung uttered.

 

 

“So, you mean Mom, heart break is a blessing from God. It's just His way of letting me realized He saved me from the wrong one?” her words sound confirming something.

 

 

I’m not saying that Hae is the wrong one. No one could actually say, not even me, that you deserve someone better. Because the best person you deserve will always be your choice.

 

 

Jessica started to shed tears again. She knew that Donghae was the one destined for her. But how could she believe that if destiny played their fated paths?

 

 

“We’ve been together for six years and counting, but how come he did this to me? Am I not enough for him to fill his whole life with satisfaction?”

 

 

“Honey, years, months, weeks, days and time were just a reminder. All that matters is the memories of laughter, happiness, loneliness you shared together for that span of time.” Mrs. Jung said tapping her daughter’s shoulder.

 

 

“But what he did today caused me so much pain that couldn’t breath. I feel my whole world shattered into thin pieces because of him. I don’t think I can forgive him just easily as that.” She said and covered her face with her palm.

 

 

Mrs. Jung wrapped her daughter with her loving arms and whispered:

 

 

Sometimes you just gotta be strong. It may hurt and you may shed a few tears, but everything's gonna be alright. Forgive the people who've hurt you or brought you down, because without them you'll never be able to learn.”

 

 

“I love him so much. Too much that it pained my heart.” she said sharply.

 

 

“So, use that love to heal yourself and to heal your entire world that crumpled. I know you can overcome it because we raised you right, so I know you’re strong enough to move on and stand again.” Mr. Jung butted in.

 

 

“Oh, Dad. Are you there listening all this time?” Mrs. Jung startled.

 

 

“Just few minutes, I think.” Mr. Jung said flashing a smile.

 

 

“Dad.” Jessica threw her arms to hug her father upon seeing him.

 

 

“What should I do now?” she asked him, crying like a child with a wounded knee.

 

 

“Sica sweetie, it’s your decision to make. We’re just here behind you. You have enough thoughts to clear out all your resentment. It depends on you if you want to stay or leave in the dark place where your heart resides right now. And don’t always think that you had a wrong decision, because sometimes decision only gets wrong when you couldn’t stand for it."

 

 

“Thanks Mom, Dad. Thanks for enlightening my mind and for comforting me tonight. I will think of this thoroughly. I love you both.” Jessica’s final word and hugged both tightly and kissed them goodnight.

 

 

“Good night, baby. I love you, too.” Her parents replied in chorused.

 

 

Jessica walked her way to her bedroom. She threw herself on the bed and stared blankly at the ceiling. She started to ponder and reflect to her parents imparted thoughts.

 

 

 

‘This is life.

Whatever decision I made tonight,

It’ll reflect to my future.

I’m ready to face it.’

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------