His and Her Night

. . .Can We?

 

 

The night was wrapped up in the moonlight. Jessica saw the beauty of the night while travelling that time. The leaves were dancing in the accompaniment of fresh air. She saw the beauty of environment when it gets dark.

 

She checked on the time—fifteen before 9.

 

The driver suddenly handed her an elongated silver box. She opened it and she saw a pink blindfold inside.

 

 

“Ahjussi, for which is this?” she asked politely while holding the blindfold.

 

 

“Sir Donghae handed it to me. He said I should give it to you when we’re about to reached the place.” The driver answered directly while driving in focus.

 

 

“Should I put it now, then?” she asked again while leaning her head in windscreen.

 

 

“I think so, Ma’am.” The drivers short respond.

 

 

Jessica put it carefully though it’s against her likes because she could no longer see the beautiful scenery as they travel.  She felt the car’s gently stopped. She felt the car doors’ opened.

 

 

“We’re here, Ma’am Jessica.” The driver said while aided her to get out of the car.

 

 

“Oh, really? Will you describe me the place?” Jessica whispered to the driver.

 

 

She waited for his reply but she didn’t get to squeeze any information from him. The driver helped her to walk and he left her in one place. He slowly removed the blindfold on her eyes. She adjusted her eyes to the darkness.

 

 

Wink. Wink. Wink.

 

 

Jessica blinked her eyes for a several times but still she saw darkness. She suddenly felt nervous. A cold breeze touched her white pale skin that made her more nervous. She heard the strong thumping of her heart. She laid her hands on her chest—seems like her heart is going to jump out.

 

 

The place suddenly light up. Jessica was startled.

 

Her attention was captured by the hanging candle holders with lighted candles made out of capiz shells—swinging freely in the air. Because of the light it gives, she saw that she was standing at the end of the long red carpet lying on the ground. Above it were petals of roses scattered well. Along the sides, tall glass vases where standing securely accentuated with white roses inside and floating scented candles on top.

 

 

At that very moment, Jessica felt like she was a princess in a fairytale. She slowly walked her way. Her face was filled with admiration on what she was seeing.

 

 

Donghae appeared on the other end of the red carpet. He holds a bouquet of white roses and pink tulips combined together.

 

 

“Slowly walk your way towards me.” Donghae said and smiled sweetly.

 

 

“Does these concerns you earlier when I called you?” Jessica shouted softly while still walking.

 

 

“Yeah! Come and be my lady tonight.” He answered and offered his hand to her.

 

 

She extended her hand in response to Donghae’s.  He gave the bouquet of flowers with gladness on his lips and whispered:

 

 

“You look perfectly wonderful and stunning tonight, My Ice Princess.” He praises her.

 

 

“Before I forgot, thank you for the dress you sent me.” she said while looking straight to Donghae’s eyes.

 

 

The sweet music started to play. He helped Jessica to sit. Then, he presented the menu to Jessica.

 

 

 

Sweet and Tangy White Sangria. Tangy and Creamy Caesar Salad. Easy-Creamy Linguini with Shrimp. y Strawberry Tiramisu.

 

 

 

“Huh? I’m not familiar with the food we’re about to eat.” She said innocently.

 

 

“Mom told me that those selections of food will really make you happy. So, I took her suggestions. I cooked the foods we’re about to eat.” He said with a full smile.

 

 

“Oh, I thought you’re one of the plenty of men who doesn’t know what spatula is.” She smirked.

 

 

“Come on, don’t start nonsense conversations that’ll ruin our night.” He weaned Jessica.

 

 

“Fine. Let’s just eat. I already have an empty stomach.” She altered the discussion.

 

 

“Okay! Let’s both enjoy dinner with candle lights.” He said with intention of holding Jessica’s hand—but before he do, Jessica took away her hands and placed it on her lap.

 

 

They both ate their meals quietly. They heard nothing but slightest breeze. Both of them didn’t know how to start a conversation again.

 

 

“AAAACHOOO!” Jessica suddenly sneezed.

 

 

Donghae controlled the burst of laughter. “Are you cold?” he asked obviously.

 

 

“Of course! How come you gave me this kind of dress?! I think I’m going to catch cold because of this!” she exclaimed with anger.

 

 

“I’m sorry. Here, use my suit.” He offered and handed it to her.

 

 

“Thank you.” She plainly responds.

 

 

“You know what, there are two facial expressions that cannot be concealed.” He added.

 

 

“What is it?” she asked with curious face.

 

 

“The first is sneezing and the second is being in love. And tonight, I’m totally in love.”  He quipped.

 

 

Silence. 

 

 

She continued to put on the suit in her slender shoulder. She felt warm now. When Donghae finished eating, he watched her carefully. He realized that her beauty is really like a goddess.

 

 

“OMO!” she screamed abruptly.

 

 

“Why? What’s wrong?” he asked with concerned voice.

 

 

“It’s just that, the dessert is really delicious.” She answered like a child full of satisfaction.

 

 

Donghae took a deep breath.

 

‘Am I mute?

I think I swallowed my tongue.

Stillness ate us for no reason.’

 

 

 

‘He’s not talkative tonight.

Is he tired already?

I think he is.’

 

 

Donghae almost forgot that he will sing a song for Jessica.  He hastily stood up in his seat. He approached Jessica who was staring in space.

 

 

“Can I dance with you? Just for a while?” he said while extending his hand to her.

 

 

‘Hopefully she wouldn’t refuse me.

I would look stupid in front of her.

Come on, Jessica, give me your hand.’

 

 

“Sure.” She answered without hesitations and accepted his.

 

 

‘When he touched my hand

For the first time like this,

I wanted nothing but for him to hold it

Forever.’

 

 

They stood up beside the table. He laid his hands on her waist. Jessica perceived the uneven bow tie of Donghae—she adjusted it, and then hung her hands around his neck. They danced to the accompaniment of the melodious music. He whispered the song in Jessica’s little ears.

 

 

♫♫I still can’t saying that

I’m falling head over, tingling to say that word

Love you more than anyone else
Only you and me and me, and me, and me

I’m really happy in this moment
Really thank you for coming to me
Thanks for the one who loves me


Only you and me and me, and me, exactly you, ♫♫

 

 

 

“Do you enjoy the night?” He asked.

 

 

“Yeah. This is my first unforgettable night with you.” She answered with a tint of happiness in her voice.

 

 

“You’re so sweet tonight.” He slightly brought his face to her.

 

 

‘My heart is about to pop.

Did he hear it?

Did he feel it?

Fishy Hae, keep your face away from mine.’

 

 

“Jung Jessica, I exerted too much effort for this. And now, I needed too many courage to say this to you for the first time. I hope you’re not as slow as before.” He explained with a trace of jitters on his face.

 

 

Jessica stopped breathing for a second when she heard Donghae’s words.

 

 

“Don’t be too indirect, just say it straight.” with a tone of clarification on her voice.

 

 

“Can you be my girl? Can I take care of your heart?” he said very straight to his point.

 

 

A moment of silence on Jessica’s part.

 

 

“YES! YES! I can be your girl!” She screamed with a big smile on her face.

 

 

“WE’RE OFFICIAL!!!!!!” he screamed at the top of his lungs.

 

 

With his hands around Jessica’s waist, he carried her and they spun around together.  

 

 

 

They ended the night with joy and contentment on their hearts.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N

the song is the English translation of SJ's "all my heart".

Tiffany will soon enter the scene. Watch out for the role she's sbout to portray. :)