Running Away

. . .Can We?

 

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

 

 

He quickly went to Jessica, but whenever he turned there’s no presence of his girlfriend around the resto. He never gave up. He took his car and drove away to find her. He felt pity for her. He knew he hurt her again. And he felt so useless and stupid.

 

 

‘Donghae you’re crazy fool!

You hurt her again!

Damn! What’s going on with you?

Do you really want her to suffer?’

 

 

With all those thoughts running oh his head, he hit the steering wheel three times. He’s not going that far when he saw familiar figure of a woman. He quickly stopped the car at the edge of the road. He ran to where the woman is.

 

 

“Jessica!!!” he shouted while catching his breath.

 

 

Jessica was seating on a bench, staring blankly while her cheeks were flooded with tears. She turned in a direction where the voice came from. She saw Donghae running. She stood up and faces the direction of him. When Donghae reached Jessica, he pulled her and hugged her so tight.

 

 

Jessica became as hard as a statue from where she was standing. No movement, but she started to sob like a little child. He hears every sound of her sobbing. He felt his heart being stabbed by a knife for a million times.

 

 

Donghae released her from his embrace and face her. “Stop crying, I’m here now.” he said trying to comfort her.

 

 

Jessica bowed her head and scratched her wet eyes. “Why you let me wait for nothing? Why?” she asked.

 

 

“I’m sorry for making you wait.” He said with sad eyes.

 

 

“You’re always saying sorry but I never hear your explanation.” She started to punch Donghae’s chest.

 

 

“Ah, Uhm, just punch me if that will help you to stop you from crying and stop what’s hurting you.”

 

 

“Do you think this will help to ease the pain? Donghae you’ve changed. The man whom I loved for six long years, I don’t know if he stills the person I’m facing right now.” she looked him right straight to her eyes.

 

 

Donghae avoided Jessica’s eyes and stared away. He took a long breath. And he looked for the courage from within him.

 

 

Silence has prevailed on them temporarily.

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

 

Jessica placed her hands on both cheeks of him and said, “I don’t know it’s hard for you to say it that you keep it all the way, but whatever it is, I can listen. I can understand. I can accept it.”

 

 

With those statements of Jessica, Donghae felt like he was slapped. He felt how bad he was for hurting her and keeping the truth away from her.

 

 

“Just go back to your work. I’ll be going home, I’ll be fine.” She took one step away from him.

 

 

“Are you planning to leave me?” he voice started to become shaky.

 

 

“No. I just wanted to give you time to think of the things that’s bothering you. Talk to me if you’re ready to say it out.”

 

 

Before Donghae utter a word, Jessica ran away from him. Her hands on her chest while crying the pain out.

 

 

He remained on his place, his feet glued on the floor. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________