Their First Fight

. . .Can We?

 

 

Days.

 

 

Months.

 

 

Years.

 

 

Time went by so fast.

 

 

Their time quickly passed by. Seems like yesterday when Donghae began to woo Jessica. When they became a couple, Donghae has been a good and faithful boyfriend to her. For Jessica, it was a wonderful dream and she doesn’t want to wake up from her sleep.

 

 

The past year has not been hard on them. She felt like it was a boat in the middle of the sea, sailing smoothly—no waves and destruction to come. She didn’t think their relationship would last that way.

 

 

Jessica was grateful for having Donghae—the man she truly loved, the owner of her heart.

 

 

Each year of their study ended up quickly. They both graduated in one of the prestigious University in Seoul. They are both busy taking care of their family business. But even so, they never lose time for each other.

 

 

They soon celebrate their 6th anniversary as a couple. But they don’t have any plans yet. For three days, she does not received calls or text messages from Donghae. She suddenly wondered.

 

 

‘Is something happened to him?

Do I have to visit him in their house?

Or to his office?

I don’t know what to do. .’

 

 

::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::

 

 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

 

 

“Hello? Mom, why do you call?” Donghae asked while his eyes were glued to the papers on his desk.

 

 

“Your girlfriend is here at home. She’s looking for you.” Mrs. Lee answered.

 

 

“Mom, please tell her that I’m doing so many paper works here in my office.” He explained.

 

 

“Do I have to tell her to wait for you here?” his mother asked again.

 

 

“Just tell her to go home. I will just pass to their house later. I’ll hung up then, Mom.” He said in a hurry.

 

 

“Hello? Son?”

 

 

. . . .

 

 

“Oooh~ that kid. He hung up.” said Mrs. Lee.

 

 

“Umm . . . Aunt, where is he? What did he tells you?” Jessica asked in curiosity.

 

 

“He’s at the office. It seems like he’s busy. He told me that you must go home now, he’ll see you later after his work.” Mrs. Lee repeated what her son told him.

 

 

Suddenly sadness occupied Jessica’s face. “Okay. I’ll go ahead then, Aunt.” She said without enthusiasm.

 

 

“You’re ruining your beautiful face. He’s just a busy businessman today. He’ll find ways to make it up to you like he always did, Honey. So, cheer up!” Mrs. Lee said positively.

 

 

“Okay, Aunt. Thanks for your positive thoughts.” She bowed and tried to smile.

 

 

“Don’t wear a smile if it’s against your true feelings, Honey.” Mrs. Lee said while caressing Jessica’s long hair.

 

 

“Okay, Aunt.” She said to close the conversation.

 

 

Jessica went home with reluctant. She threw herself in the middle of her bed. She lied on and hugged a pillow while staring blankly at the ceiling.

 

 

She shook his head. She thought not to think of anything. She might go crazy if she continued to do so. She adjusted her proneness and tried to relax herself.  She took her iPod on the side table—put on the earphone in her ears and started playing her favourite list of songs.

 

 

‘For the first time my heart is aching

Because of him my face is frowning

Why do I have to felt this way?

 

 

 

She soon fell asleep.

 

 

. . . . .

 

 

In the midst of her deep sleep, Jessica felt a gentle in his cheek—a from a warm hand. She opened her eyes slowly. She was shocked to see Donghae’s tired face. She turned off her iPod and tried to sit from proneness.

 

 

“What brings you here?” she asked nonchalant.

 

 

“I’m here to see you.”  He explained while he tried to kiss Jessica on her forehead.

 

 

But before Donghae planted a kiss on Jessica’s face, she casted offs her face. He was perplexed with her move, so he started asking her.

 

 

“Why’d you do that? You don’t want a kiss from me?” he asked with a sad voice.

 

 

“I don’t!” she exclaimed while crossing her hands above her chest.

 

 

“Why?” he asked strained.

 

 

“You didn’t contact me for a few days then you here and just kiss me!” she yelled with a glare of annoyance on her eyes.

 

 

“It’s because I’m busy in the office.” he said with a loud voice.

 

 

“How do you able to tell me that with a raised voice?” she asked with a cracked voice—she’s about to weep.

 

 

“You’re the first to scream earlier, right?” he lowered his tone of voice.

 

 

Jessica began to cry. “I shouted so you’ll do the same to me?” she clarified.

 

 

Donghae felt pain in the heart while seeing Jessica crying hard for the first time. Since they became a couple, they never had a fight like this. It’s just now, when they became busy at work. They rarely meet. They seldom hang together. Whether they meet, it’s just for a moment. They didn’t enough time to talk for long like they did before.

 

 

“I’m sorry, hubby.” He begged for a sincere apology.

 

 

“Why you’re sorry? Did you know your mistakes?” she interrogated him.

 

 

“It’s because I’m busy and I don’t have enough time for you.” He surely answered.

 

 

“I understand that, but it’s not the cause of my resentment.” Her tears flooded her eyes again.

 

 

“What have I done wrong?” he asked forced.

 

 

“Do you forget what will happen two days from now?”She said in a lonely voice.

 

 

Donghae was in deep thought for a while. “Is something special to happen?” he’s obviously unaware.

 

 

“Have you forgotten our anniversary?” she asked while her head bowed and tears wetting her blanket.

 

 

“Oh my. . . I’m so sorry I’m busy that I almost forgot.” He said with a shocked face.

 

 

“Forgotten because of busy or intentionally forgotten?” she made a choice.

 

 

“Of course not! Hubby, I’ll make it up to you. I promise.” he said then reached up and touched Jessica’s hand tightly.

 

 

Jessica felt his sincerity. Her anger dissolved and fades away when Donghae held her hands.

 

 

“I promise we’ll enjoy our 6th anniversary, hubby. I’ll surprise you like I always did.” He seated beside her girlfriend and wrapped his hands around her.

 

 

“I’m looking forward to that.” She said with a voice full of hope.

 

 

“I love you so much, hubby.” He whispered sweetly in her ear and kissed her tenderly in forehead.

 

 

“I love you more, hubby.” She hugged him back.

 

 

---------------------

"...Can We?"  teaser. This is my first time to provide a glimpse for the next chapter.

Are y'all excited? Keep supporting my 3rd fic. thanks for the continuous support.

I become more inspired to do even better in every chapter because of my subscribers.

i ♥ y'all

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

‘When I first met my employer, I find myself attracted to him.

 I heard my heart saying

Lub dub lub dub lub dub lub dub lub dub’

 

“Good Morning, Sir. Is there anything you need?” she asked lively and bowed her head.

“A cup of coffee, please?” Donghae commanded her.

A few minutes later, he saw her coming. She slowly put the cup of coffee on his desk.

“Anything more, Sir?” she asked him again wearing a soft smile on her face.

“Nothing. Thank you! By the way, are you my new secretary?” he asked her while busily searching for the papers he has to sign that morning.

“Yes, Sir. I’m Hwang Tiffany.” She politely introduced herself to him.