His and Her Side

. . .Can We?

 

The class finally finished. Jessica was about to leave the classroom to go home when she remembered the conversation she had with Donghae. She suddenly recalled the things she had to do earlier before the classes began. She hastily searched for Donghae. She went to the places she knew Donghae go.

 

 

Is he under the tree? –He wasn’t there.

 

 

Is he at the hallway? –He wasn’t there.

 

 Is he at the library? –He wasn’t there.

 

Is he at the auditorium? –He wasn’t there.

 

Is he at the music room? –he wasn’t there.

 

 

Jessica looked for him everywhere, but there’s no presence of Donghae in the air.

 

 

‘I’m tired looking for you, Donghae.

Where are you now?

Please show up~’

 

 

Jessica still wandered for a bit. She jumped with delight when she finally saw Donghae—sitting beside the pond and quietly watching the small fishes swim freely in the water. She slowly walked toward the seat of Donghae. She sat down and breathe deeply again. Jessica destroyed the serenity prevailing between them.

 

 

“Excuse me?” she prefaced while sitting uncomfortable in her seat.

 

 

Donghae jumped on his feet because of what he heard. “What are you doing here slow brainy head girl?” he pranks to her.

 

 

“Slow brainy head girl? You’re teasing me too much today, fishy head.” she sprinkled him with water from the pond and laugh like a child.

 

 

“Stop that! It’s not funny, anyway.” He angrily scolded her.

 

 

“I was looking for you all this time so, we can have a talk, and then, you’re scolding me.” She explained while winking her eyes cutely.

 

 

Donghae was totally fascinated to Jessica while doing that cute stuff, but he kept the hoity-toity feeling inside.  “Are your eyes sick? You winked like there’s no tomorrow.” He teased again.

 

 

“You’re good at teasing and offending others. If can’t talk to you properly and sensibly, I’ll leave then.”  She strikes him at the nape while feeling so upset.

 

 

“Ouch!!! S...sorry.” he seriously apologized while doing a puppy eyes.

 

 

 “Oh, poor doggie.” She ruffled his hair and laugh decently.

 

 

Even though they are fighting like dogs and cats, they took a break and both laugh so hard just like they’re the only people in the world. Their eyes met and they felt the same pleasure in their hearts. Donghae couldn’t explain the happiness he felt whenever Jessica is around. Even Jessica couldn’t explain the satisfaction Donghae brings in her life.

 

 

“I can be your doggie anytime.” He offered.

 

 

“I don’t want you to be my doggie; instead, I want you to be my fish.” She quoted.

 

 

“Fine. And I want you to be my ice princess from now on.”

 

 

“Why ice princess?” she asked with wonder.

 

 

“Because sometimes you mingle to me coldly, and sometimes you accept me warmly. You’re attitude is too unpredictable.” He explained while swinging his feet.

 

 

Jessica smiled sweetly. “Uhhhmm. . . .about what you’ve told me earlier, let’s talk about it now.” she said while twirling some strands of her hair around her finger.

 

 

“I thought you didn’t get what I mean.” He answered surprised.

 

 

“You know, I’m a bit slow, so, I didn’t get it immediately.” She scratched her head.

 

 

“Do I have to repeat it again this time?” he asked calmly.

 

 

“Can you repeat it sweetly?” she eyed him pleased.

 

 

“Jung Jessica, I wanted to take care of your heart, can I?” his tender voice massaged her ear.

 

 

“If I give it to you today, can you really take good care of it like those caregivers who took care of the aged?”She asked assuredly.

 

 

“I’d do better than them.” He replied assured.

 

 

“Let me think of it.” Jessica replied while patting her small pink lips with her index finger.

 

 

“How long will I wait for your answer?” Donghae asked curiously.

 

 

“I can’t tell you.” She scratched his head and smirk.

 

 

Donghae wear a disappointed face and nod. Even painters can’t paint his face. But he must wait for Jessica’s answer even if it takes long and reached more years. He knows himself that he can wait.

 

 

 

 

‘I have this great vibes that I’ll be your ice prince.

I’ll do everything to win your heart.

Nothing is impossible with a persistent man.

Soon . . . I can tell you I LOVE YOU my Ice Princess’

 

 

 

 

 

‘Sorry if you need to wait

It’s my way to know how long you can take

If you surpass, my heart is yours.

So, good luck my fishy Hae.’