His and Her Feelings

. . .Can We?

 

 

They more became acquainted with one another. They began to be comfortable because of their frequent conversations. They also tend to eat together. They really had drawn to each other.

 

 

It was in the mid of Jessica’s first year in high school when she first heard the sound of her heart. That was a strange feeling for her. Although she did not fully understand what its like to extend a heart, she tried to discover what’s happening to it.

 

 

When she sees Donghae, she feels that strange feeling. She’s not irritated to him anymore. Actually, she was happy when she was with him. She does not understand why her cold heart toward that man dissolves suddenly.

 

 

‘What’s with him that makes me smile?

What’s with him that makes my heart beats so fast?

What makes him unusual for me to be like this?’

 

 

She was confused now--don’t know what to do. She wanted to ask Donghae, but she has no confidence. So, she kept it to herself.

 

 

An unexpected opportunity occurred. A mid day while she eats lunch under the tree, Donghae came and sat beside her. Awkward silent came over for a while between them. Donghae began to talk.

 

 

“Why did you not invite me to eat?” he inquired.

 

 

“Why should I invite you?” she asked, irritated.

 

 

“You’re unkind today. Why?” he continued to ask.

 

 

“It’s none of your business.” Jessica sneered, and grabbed the can of fruit juice.

 

 

“Anyways, I am here to ask you a serious matter.” Donghae reached over for her face to wipe off the smudged sauce on her cheek.

 

 

“What is it?” She annoyingly responded.

 

 

“I would like to take care of your heart. Is it okay to you?”

 

 

“What???” her panicked reply.

 

 

“Are you deaf? Do I need to repeat myself?”

 

 

“If you don’t want to repeat what you said, then don’t. No one’s forcing you.” She scoffed.

 

 

“Earlier we were still okay, now you’re acting strange. What’s wrong with you?”

 

 

“What do you mean what’s wrong with me? What are you hyped up for anyway, huh?”  She narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms on her chest as she interrogated him.

 

 

“I just wanted to tell the truth about my emotions for you.”

 

 

“Why do you need to take care of my heart, is it sick?” she insulted.

 

 

“Why are you playing so hard to get, Jung Jessica?!” he exclaimed while ruffling his hair in frustration.

 

 

“I’m not playing hard to get. What do you want from me?” she fiddled her fingers nervously.

 

 

“What I want from you? You ask?”

 

 

“Yes!”

 

 

“You really want to know?!”

 

 

“Yes! Coz you’re annoying me already!”

 

 

“Fine. All I wanted is to win your heart. That’s all I want from you ever since. Happy now?!” he said without taking a breather.

 

 

“Eh?” she asked, tilting her head to side, confused.

 

 

“Oh my God.” He sighed. “Why are you so slow?”

 

 

“Me? Slow?” she scratched her head.

 

 

“Fine. I’m done here. Good bye!” he stood up and stamped his feet away in annoyance.

 

 

‘I just now realized that she is beautiful but a big kind of fool.

 Why is she so oblivious with these kinds of things?

My guardian angel in the sky, wherever you might be right now,

Please help her to understand what I am trying to say to her.’

 

 

Jessica was left alone eating lusciously while pondering on the conversation between her and Donghae that occurred earlier.

 

 

*FLASH BACK*

 

“I just wanted to tell the truth about my emotions for you.”

“Why do you need to take care of my heart, is it sick?” she insulted.

“Why are you playing so hard to get, Jung Jessica?!” he exclaimed while ruffling his hair in frustration.

“I’m not playing hard to get. What do you want from me?” she fiddled her fingers nervously.

“What I want from you? You ask?”

“Yes!”

“You really want to know?!”

“Yes! Coz you’re annoying me already!”

“Fine. All I wanted is to win your heart. That’s all I want from you ever since. Happy now?!” he said without taking a breather.

“Eh?” she asked, tilting her head to side, confused.

“Oh my God.” He sighed. “Why are you so slow?”

“Me? Slow?” she scratched her head.

“Fine. I’m done here. Good bye!”

 

 

“Oh my God!” Jessica dropped her lunch box on the ground, creating a pool of scattered food on her feet. She stood up and looked around where Donghae went. She decided to look for him and got ready to sprint away when suddenly she tripped on the bulging root on the ground.

 

 

“Ow! Aigoo~ poor me.” she stood up and dusted her uniform. Then she remembered her bag back at the tree. She walked back and saw it near her spoiled lunch.

 

 

“Aigoo~ my cute bag. My baby.” She searched for her handkerchief and used it to wipe her ‘cute baby bag’.

 

 

The bell rang signalling that the lunch break was over. Jessica was startled and rushed back to the classroom.

 

 

‘Omo! Did Donghae just confessed to me?

But I thought he was just being kind to me because he treats me like a little sister.

I’ll just talk to him later after classes about it.

Aish! Why am I so agitated about his confession?

It’s not like he’s serious about it, is he?’