The White Lie

Somebody Else

Now that the cat has been out of the bag, Song Ji Hyo felt more comfortable than ever. Kim Jong Kook's love showered her more courage and determination to look at things positively. She smiled at the thought of a note that was left by Kim Jong Kook. 'Didn't you know that I am already blind? How could you leave me a note thinking I could read it?' she asked herself while smiling. She found out about the note when a nurse mentioned that Kim Jong Kook has left her one. The nurse smiled at her when she kidded about how foolish that act was.

A day has passed, and she became more happier. Her personal doctor, who is also the Emergency Room Chief, Lee Pil Mo, told her that she already has an eye donor. When the news hit her, she was so happy to the point the she cried. When she asked who the donor was, the ER Chief stayed quiet after telling her that the donor doesn't want to reveal his identity. She nodded at the chief as a way of saying that she understood what that one meant. She understands that some donors do not really want to be indebted of. 

She heard footsteps walking to where she's sitting, and so she called in excitement, "Oppa!". She was surprised when the person who went near to her wasn't Jong Kook. "I'm not Kim Jong Kook, Ji Hyo-ssi." said a familiar man. She bowed her head a little as a greeting to which the person found adorable. "It has been a long time, Jae Suk oppa." she told the man. "Ji Hyo-ssi, how have you been?" asked Jae Suk. "I've been feeling really good." she answered. "I've heard the news that you are... -" Jae Suk words were cut when she butted in.

"Blind? Just until now, Jae Suk oppa." she said. She smiled brightly while looking at Jae Suk's direction even without seeing him. "I heard from the ER Chief that I already have an eye donor. And I can have that donor's eyes soon." she told Jae Suk happily. "I feel sad that the person is now out of this world, but I am grateful that it was because of his health problems, not because of an accident or something." she said continuously. Since she couldn't see Jae Suk, she's not aware as to how Jae Suk tried his best to stop himself from talking.

"How is Running Man?" asked Ji Hyo. Jae Suk looked at the woman, who is still unaware of everything. "Running Man's filming was postponed yesterday." he answered. "Postponed? Why was it postponed? Jong Kook oppa said he'll be going there yesterday." she told him. "Yeah, he was on his way to go to the filming site when..." Jae Suk stopped in the middle of his sentence. "When?" Ji Hyo asked curiously. "When... when... " Jae Suk tried to finish his words but he couldn't continue. "Jae Suk oppa, did something bad happen?" asked Ji Hyo.

Jae Suk was about to say something when another man came inside the house. "Noona!!" screamed by the one and only younger brother of Ji Hyo, Song Joong Ki. He bowed when he saw the national emcee talking with his sister. He looked at the national emcee and shook his head as a sign that he shouldn't let his sister know something. "Joong Ki-yah???" surprised Ji Hyo asked in a bright mood. "Joong Ki-ah, I missed you!" she said as she welcomed him with open arms, however, her direction was totally opposite of Joong Ki's direction.

Joong Ki looked up to prevent himself from crying as he ran towards his sister's open arms. He hugged her tightly as he said, "Noona, it must have been so hard on you." She hugged her younger brother back as she said, "Don't worry about me. Noona will be fine." Joong Ki hugged her tighter when she said it. She is now starting to feel so concerned because both Jae Suk and Joong Ki are acting strange. She is just trying to think that it's because they feel sorry for her knowing that she has become blind. 

Little does she know that there was really something big that had happened. And her, not getting worried, is their main concern. Park Yoo Chun looked at Song Ji Hyo when he heard the news. His stares at her can't be read. He was by her side since the young prince told him to do so. When he was fired that day, he knew that something wrong will happen. He still has his eyes fixed on Song Ji Hyo when the latter's younger brother stared at him back. He was surprised that Joong Ki stared at him the way he is staring at his older sister.

Joong Ki was about to stand up and confront Yoo Chun, but Ji Hyo asked, "Joong Ki-yah, have you seen your Jong Kook oppa?" Joong Ki looked at his older sister pitifully as he looked at the national emcee, who was also saddened by the question. Joong Ki looked back at Yoo Chun as he answered Ji Hyo, "He's busy with another filming, Noona. He'll be  back soon. Don't worry." Ji Hyo sighed as a relief, "That's good. I thought something bad happened. You guys are all acting strange. If there's something off, please don't let me be in the dark, okay?"

"Of course, Noona." Joong Ki lied. He just couldn't let anyone tell the bad news to his older sister, who is trying to look at things positively. He was supposed to be in the military service, but he asked for them to give them some days to be by her sister's side. Luckily, the members of the board, granted his request. "I can't wait to have my eyes back. I can't wait to see everyone else, especially Kim Jong Kook. You guys don't know how much I wanted to see myself while looking into his eyes." uttered Ji Hyo. Joong Ki now felt bad while looking at how happy his sister is about his lies. He knows that by the end of this chapter, the things that had happened among Lee Kwang Soo, Joo Ji Hoon, and Kim Jong Kook will be revealed.