The Joke

Somebody Else

"Kim Jong Kook hyung..." called Ji Hoon on the other line when he didn't give any reply. His mind answered that it's already too late to control his feelings because he has fallen in love already, however, his mouth didn't betray him. He knows if he admits his feelings to Joo Ji Hoon and to Song Ji Hyo, things will turn really bad. "Don't worry, I won't be falling." he lied. "Hyung, you shouldn't really fall in love. Because when you fall, it will just break you, and your heart." told Ji Hoon without knowing his words hit him real hard. "I'll remember that, Ji Hoon-ah."

The call has ended, and he went back to stare at the sleeping Song Ji Hyo. He can see someone from outside, and he knows why the person is coming towards their way. It's Song Joong Ki, the woman's younger brother. "Thank you for taking care of my sister." said Joong Ki in a nice way. "I know what you two are, so there's no need for you to pretend in front of me." he added. "I thought this role-play will not do good to my sister, and I was right. Look at how pitiful she looks now. Is this the price that your Crown Prince will give? To burden and to hurt my sister?" 

He looked at the annoyed Joong Ki. He smiled remembering what Ji Hyo mentioned earlier. "What are you smiling about?" annoyed Joong Ki asked. "It's because your sister told me that you get to be annoyed real fast when it comes to the people you love the most." he told him. He noticed that Joong Ki's facial expression suddenly changed. "My sister must have been very close to you. She never says anything to other people, unless she's comfortable with them." he told him. "Please drive us home. I have talked to the Running Man members already." said Joong Ki. 

Joong Ki placed Ji Hyo at the back, so he can assist his older sister. "The Running Man members were surprised to hear that Noona is my older sister. All of them looked really astonished except for Lee Kwang Soo. Kwang Soo is my best friend, and he's aware of my relationship with Noona. Also, he's aware of your real relationship with my Noona. That means, he knows that Noona is that Crown Prince's girlfriend." admitted Joong Ki to his surprise. "I'm telling you this, so you can take care of my older sister when I enlist to military soon." he told him. 

"I just want you to know that you and Noona aren't alone in Running Man. You can always count on Lee Kwang Soo. He'll be there for you, especially for my sister, on my behalf." Joong Ki informed him seriously. "Why are you being nice to me?" he asked the younger Song all of a sudden. Joong Ki looked at him at the rear view mirror while he's driving as he answered, "Let's just say my sister is comfortable with you, and you're with her in her worst days." Jong Kook nodded at him, but he was surprised to hear another thing, "Also, you are the only brother of the woman I really love." Joong Ki told him pertaining to Kim So Eun, one of the original guests.

Before he can react, Ji Hyo has opened her eyes. "Where are we?" she asked. "On our way home, Noona." Joong Ki answered. "Joong Ki-ah, what happened to you? Why did you do that for just one woman?" she asked her brother worriedly. "That woman is that man's younger sister, Noona." Joong Ki told her to her astonishment. "The world is so small, isn't it?" Joong Ki asked with a smile. "Now that your royal boyfriend is off to marry another, I wonder if the world will even get smaller if you two are actually the ones who are meant for each other." Joong Ki wondered  to which Ji Hyo and Jong Kook looked at blankly.