The Tension

Somebody Else


Kim Jong Kook looked at the woman in front of his royal boss. He's at the back of Joo Ji Hoon standing while listening to their heartfelt conversation. He can see the sadness in Song Ji Hyo's face as she tries to understand why things should be like this and should be like that for them. Ji Hoon is briefing her on how they'll act as a couple just as how he had briefed of the things that he need to do, and the things that he need to know. Ji Hoon held his girlfriend's hands tightly as he apologized to her while he's saying, "Please just a month or two. I know we'll make it through." 

Song Ji Hyo smiled at Joo Ji Hoon even though she feels like she's melting deep within. She doesn't know why she feels hurt when she knows that Ji Hoon is just dong this for the two of them. She knows that her boyfriend loves her as much as she does, but somehow, she's hoping for more. She's contented about this, but she doesn't really know why she's asking for more. She looked at Jong Kook with a blank stare. For the next month or two, she has to spend her time with the muscular man in front of her so she can save her royal boyfriend from the issue. 

Ji Hoon stood up from where he's sitting, and he gave his girlfriend a very tight hug. He can obviously see that his brother-like royal boss doesn't want to let go of the woman whom he values the most after his Queen mother died in an accident. He tapped Ji Hyo's back and looked at him after the tight hug. "From now on, you don't need to be with me 24 hours a day. I just want you to be with Ji Hyo as her bodyguard and her fake boyfriend until I get the acceptance of my father and my older brother. I promise I'll tell the truth to the public after that." 

Both Ji Hyo and Jong Kook looked at Ji Hoon. "What do you mean?" she asked in a confused state. "He'll be with you as your bodyguard and as your man." he answered. "But I don't need a bodyguard." said she. "I won't be in peace if Jong Kook hyung will not guide you." Ji Hoon answered. "What about you? He has been with you since you're young, no, in fact, since you were a baby. So why are you giving him to me just like that? What about your safety?" she asked with full concern about her boyfriend's situation. Ji Hoon pats her head and smiled. 

"That's why I already asked someone to replace him as my bodyguard." he told her. Ji Hyo's face turned serious as she told her boyfriend, "Why do you keep replacing people with other people? Kim Jong Kook has been your brother and your friend, why is it that easy for you to just get someone out of nowhere and try to replace all the things you think can be easily replaced?" She stopped when she realized the meaning of her words. She knew it was offensive for both Kim Jong Kook and for Joo Ji Hoon. She sighed and touched her forehead in embarrassment.

"You're asking why it's easy for me to give up something important? Don't you know how obvious the answer is? I'm letting go of something important to me, so I can hold on to something that is more special to me. And that's you. That's how I love you." Ji Hoon told her calmly while looking at her. He noticed Ji Hoon knocked somewhere, and a handsome well-built man came out of the room. "We'll be leaving. You two should get to know each other while I'm away. I trust you both." said Ji Hoon before he steps out of the room. With only the two of them left in the room, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo looked at each other's eyes just as the tension between them two started to rise.