The Day

Somebody Else

Kim Jong Kook flashed a smile when the room opened. He didn't pay too much attention to the people who were marching down the aisle for his eyes have been wanting to see his precious bride. When his eyes were able to meet her eyes, Song Ji Hyo smiled brightly. Their eyes are glued to each other while she's walking down the aisle. The guests of the said wedding were in awe when they saw how beautiful Ji Hyo is as a bride, and he couldn't be any happier. His heart beats too fast as Ji Hyo marches her way towards him. And now that their are face-to-face, his tears of joy suddenly streamed down his face to everyone's amazement and delight.

"Who would have thought that we only just need this day to make Kim Jong Kook cry?" asked Yoo Jae Suk. Everyone smiled except for Lee Kwang Soo. They all looked at him curiously when he didn't react. "Is there a problem?" asked Suk Jin to the usually noisy Kwang Soo. The latter shook his head as he answered, "Back then, I thought those two won't make it here." When the members of Running Man heard what the youngest man of them said, they looked back at the happy couple who are now in front of the officiating priest. "They say too much love will kill you, but in the end it's the matter of how much you love a person more than anyone else, more than somebody else." added Kwang Soo as he looked at the couple proudly.

The wedding took a long time, but they didn't care. They are just so happy to be right beside each other now. When the wedding was over, they looked at each other as if they were the only ones inside the said place. As the priest mentioned that he may now kiss the bride, Kim Jong Kook looked at his wife as he told her loud and clear, "I'll be with you every night and day, and I will be loving you until forever and a day." His tears rolled down his cheeks again as he nervously approaches her in front of the people. "Thank you for being my wife." he said as he gently kissed her lips. She looked at her husband and smiled while she received him with a hug.

As the church opens its gate when the wedding was done, they were all surprised to see the sea of people who wanted to witness their special day. They waved at the fans as they gave them a joyful smile. They looked at each other when all of a sudden a familiar man appeared to greet them with a smile. They were very surprised to see him standing by. When they looked at the man again, he gave them two thumbs up and waved goodbye with a smile. "Ji Hoon-ah..." she uttered. "Thank you, Ji Hoon-ah. We'll be happy. May you be happy, too. Rest in peace." said Kim Jong Kook as he smiled, waved, and held her hand to show the familiar man.

"Is there someone you know in the crowd?" curious Jae Suk asked. The couple smiled at him as Jong Kook answered, "It was Ji Hoon, hyung." Jae Suk was taken aback with the newly-wed's answer, and looked at his other co-casts. "He must have found the peace that he needed for him to go wherever he was destined to go." answered Suk Jin. Jong Kook nodded as he said, "He smiled at us, Hyung. Ji Hyo and I are very happy to see him give his blessing." Ha Ha tapped Jong Kook as he said, "Congratulations Hyung. It's now time for us to celebrate. Hurry. We're hungry." Everyone laughed at Ha Ha's childish manner. "Let's go then. Go, go, go!" said Jong Kook happily.

They are now at the reception area with more celebrity guests. "What's taking Ji Hyo so long?" asked Gary to Jong Kook. "She's changing her wedding gown, so she could be more comfortable." answered Jong Kook. As they speak about Ji Hyo, the guests were once again in surprise when Ji Hyo went back from the dressing room. "Hyung! How lucky can you get?" asked Gary when they saw her in a very short red dress with matching black high heels. Ji Hyo approaches them with a smile, but she was welcomed by Jong Kook with a question, "Ya! Isn't your dress too short?" Gary heard the question before he left the two couple alone.

Ji Hyo's legs were now covered by a towel that was provided by her overprotective husband. They are now sitting in front of their guests to hear all their wishes for them. Ji Hyo blushed when she heard Jong Kook's words in her ear, "The next time I see you wear something short, you won't be liking to see a jealous man in the crowd. Those legs are just mine to see. Don't wear something revealing. I hate it when people see what I just wanted for my eyes to see." She looked at her husband as her face turned red when she said, "I'm sorry." 

Kim Jong Kook shook his head as he told her, "I also don't like to hear you speak the words "I'm sorry". If you know Jennifer, the wife of Oliver Barrett III, from the movie "Love Story", she said, "Love means never having to say you're sorry.", so if you feel really apologetic, just give me a kiss on the lips or on the cheek." Ji Hyo smiled at her husband's mischievousness. "If I had known that you're like this, I should have not married you." she said to Jong Kook's surprise. "I'm sorry." said Jong Kook in panic. Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook as she shook her head.

"If you know Jennifer, the wife of Oliver Barrett III, from the movie "Love Story", she said, "Love means never having to say you're sorry.", so if you're really like this, you should always seal it and deal it with a kiss." she told him with a naughty smile on her face much to her husband blankness. She burst into a laughter as she sees Kim Jong Kook's cute blank and surprised reaction. She kissed his lips as an apology, but she didn't know that Jong Kook's reflexes were so quick, so she was surprised when he kissed her back. Her towel almost fell down, but Jong Kook's hand was able to stop it by grabbing the towel back to her legs, touching her.

"Ya! You two! This is not the time for your honeymoon yet. This is just the reception area." said Suk Jin who thought differently when he saw Jong Kook's hand laid on Ji Hyo's lap. They stopped the kiss, and they were both red when they realized that they were misunderstood thanks to the towel. "I'm going to bet all my fortune. Ji Hyo will get pregnant in less than a month." said Jae Suk with a smile. "No, hyung. That's too much." Kwang Soo butted in. The newly-wed couple smiled at Kwang Soo's thoughtfulness but then he added, "It should be in less than a week." 

They couldn't say the amount of happiness that they have for this day, but they know that deep within their hearts, this day will be the most special day in their lives. As the guests started to leave one by one, the smile on their faces seem visible for they can't wait to be together as one. When the last guest, Lee Kwang Soo, left the reception area, Jong Kook offered her back for his wife to be used. Ji Hyo smiled remembering how she fell in love with the man. Back then the warmth that she felt from Jong Kook, made her realize that she wanted to be someone's forever princess. And she thought she won't have it when she broke up with the young prince.

"Ji Hyo-yah, I know you dreamed of being a princess for a lifetime. I can't give you that. But what I can give you as my wife is the power to be like a queen, and I'll be your forever king." Her tears betrayed her eyes for she was touched with what Jong Kook said. "You don't have to give me anything, Oppa. Earlier when you thanked me for becoming your wife, I wasn't able to answer you. And now, I would like you to know that I'm thankful of you... for being my life." she said as she added, "I love you to the moon and back." Jong Kook smiled at her as he readied himself to carry Ji Hyo by using his back. Ji Hyo is now being piggybacked by Jong Kook. She laid her head to rest for she knows that from this moment on, life goes on, and her story with Kim Jong Kook will go on and on and on...forever.