The Assurance

Somebody Else

Kim Jong Kook stood up in disbelief when he heard the person on the other line, "Ms. Song Ji Hyo is now blind, Mr. Kim Jong Kook. I'm sorry to say that there's no more cure to her disability. We can only just find donors who can give their eyes to her, but it is very hard to find ones now. The only way for Ms. Song Ji Hyo to have her sight back is to have an eye transplant." He was still holding his phone near to his ear even though the person on the other line has already cut the conversation. "There's no way this could be happening."

As he uttered those words, he was reminded as to why he asked the doctor-in-charge of Song Ji Hyo's treatment. She was acting strange in front of him, and knowing Ji Hyo for years, he knows that something is wrong with her. And he was right. Upon the condition of his woman that was revealed to him, he quickly stepped out of the room to run towards the hospital. He was now sitting on his car as he murmured, "Song Ji Hyo, how can you not even tell me what you've been feeling lately. I will never make you lonely, ever." 

Song Ji Hyo couldn't believe what she just heard. She found out that Kim Jong Kook has found out her secret. 'Why was it so soon?' she asked herself. She planned to tell Jong Kook that she's been blind by herself, but the news already reached Jong Kook even before she could say it. She's scared that Jong Kook will love her less now that he has found out that her sense of sight is gone. She tried to take her phone from the table beside her, but she had a hard time. She tried her best to get it until she dropped the phone by accident. 

She tried to move from the patient's bed, however, she really has difficulties on getting the phone. As she tried to move further, she fell down from the bed. She felt the pain, but didn't complain. All she wants is to get her phone for she needs to call someone. She was still trying to feel where the phone has dropped, but she was surprised that someone has carried her back to bed as the person handed her phone back to her. "Who are trying to call?" asked the person. Her tears fell down as soon as she heard his voice. "O-oppa..." she called softly.

She felt Kim Jong Kook sat down on her bed as he wiped her tears. She could feel the man's heavy breathing when he asked her, "Do you think that I will love you less just because you're now blind?" Her tears streamed down her face again upon hearing what she feared about from Jong Kook's mouth. "Ji Hyo-yah, even though you can no longer see, you have to know that leaving you is a big no no to me." he told her. "Don't you dare doubt my feelings for you, Ji Hyo-yah. Don't you know how I almost lost my sanity when I heard this?"

Jong Kook has tightened his hug on her, and it made her felt more guilty. "Ji Hyo-yah, things like things shouldn't be kept. If a problem like this happens, you should always tell it to your boyfriend. Your partner." he added. "I'm sorry, Oppa. I thought I would be like a burden to you. And I don't want to be a burden." she said in an apologetic voice. "Whether you are a burden or not, having you in my life, is the most important part. I will never accept it if you'll break up with me because of this." he said. "Don't you even consider breaking up." he told her as a warning. "I'm not breaking up with you, Oppa. Never." she told him.

Unknown to the couple, someone has sneaked in in the parking lot where Jong Kook's car has been parked. The man, who is wearing a mask, tried to do something under Jong Kook's car. He then looked at the car near to that place, and he signaled 'okay'. Just as the signal has been done, the person inside the car drove off. The man, who is wearing a mask, left the place as soon as the person has left the said area. He took off his mask when the place, where he is as of the moment, is now safe.

Ji Hyo's head is on Jong Kook's shoulder. "Are you already asleep?" Jong Kook asked. "Not yet, Oppa." she answered. Jong Kook put his hand around her shoulder and told her, "It feels really good to be by your side at times like this." She smiled when she heard the comforting words of her man. "It is really good to be leaning against you like this." she added. "I feel like I have been loved by you so much that it feels like I'm gonna die tomorrow." she uttered. Jong Kook tapped her arm a bit hard when he was surprised to what he said. 

"I'm sorry it was a bit hard, I was surprised." apologized Jong Kook. "Oppa, are you going to get me killed?" she joked him. "Ya! I don't like hearing words about death or ill things. I always get chills all over my body when that kind of thing is being mentioned." he scolded her softly. "But you have been a bodyguard, why are you so sensitive over such things now?" she asked in a confused yet sweet manner. "Say Ji Hyo-yah, if I tell you that it feels like I'm gonna die tomorrow, won't you be worried?" Jong Kook asked.

Jong Kook felt Ji Hyo shook her head as an answer. "Why will I be worried? If you feel like that, then it only means that the feeling is mutual." she told him. "Jong Kook oppa, no matter what you do, no matter where you go, you have to know, that if I can't go there with you, I can always follow you." With what she said, Jong Kook's heart melted. He hugged his woman real tight as he gave her a kiss on her head. Little do they know, there were ears that have heard all their heartfelt conversation.