The Role-play

Somebody Else


Song Ji Hyo was surprised to see a lot of reporters outside her house. She has never wished of being a famous person, however, when the announcement was made by the young prince, her life turned upside down. It has been a week since he lied in front of the public, but the topic about her hasn't died down. She became a celebrity in an instant. She was about to go to the place where Ji Hoon and her had promised to meet, but because of the situation outside her house, she knows it will not be that easy to go out.

Her phone rings, and she answered the call. It's Joo Ji Hoon asking where she is, and when she told him the situation, she was surprised with his answer. She looked at the reporters as she uttered the words, "Is that so?" When the young prince answered him on the other line, she smiled a little as she said, "All right." She walked out of the house quickly, but flock of reporters surrounded her asking her questions about her relationship with the Crown Prince. She stopped walking and she blankly looked at the camera as she said, "He's not dating me. That's a fact." 

She continued walking, but the reporters don't seem to be pleased with her answer, so she sighed and she brightly smiled at them as she lied by saying, "What the Crown Prince, Joo Ji Hoon, stated last week was true. He is not dating me, and I am not dating him. It's Kim Jong Kook whom I have been dating all these years. That picture says it all." She quickly stepped in her car and she told the reporters for the last time, "It's Kim Jong Kook that I am dating." When the car was able to move away from the reporters, she was shocked to see someone inside.

"You can be an award-winning actress for playing that role." commented by the person inside her car. "What are you doing here?" she asked the familiar person. "How can I sit still and watch my older sister be asked like that by those annoying reporters?" her younger brother, Song Joong Ki, answered. "I didn't have a choice, and won't have a choice. So I really have to act well. For your future brother-in-law and I's future." she told him. Joong Ki shook his head in disbelief. "Noona, Ji Hoon hyung isn't even man enough to let the public know that you guys are dating."

"I know, but that doesn't make him a bad person. I know he's just doing it to save the relationship." she told him. "And to save his royal family's reputation." he added in annoyance. "Joong Ki-ah, you know what we two are, so just give him the understanding that he needs." she told her annoyed younger brother. She's thankful for her brother's love and concern. They are the only ones left in the family in South Korea for their parents are out of the country all the time. "I know I am not in the position to say this, but if things won't be good to you, I don't know what I can do." warned Joong Ki which she answered with a little smile. 

"Jong Kook hyung, please take care of my girlfriend, okay? Just please play the role of her boyfriend of seven years until I convince my father and my older brother for me to be with her forever. I promise it will not be long. I just love her so much that I'll go crazy if something happens to her just because I wasn't able to please the King and the older Crown Prince. I hope you'll grant my request. Please. I'm begging you. Please." pleaded Joo Ji Hoon. He sighed as a sign that he has lost to him, and so that means, he already accepted the role of becoming the fake boyfriend.