The Outset

Somebody Else


Kim Jong Kook met Song Ji Hyo's eyes when she looked while he was looking at her. Ji Hyo tried to smile at him as she said, "I'm sorry for what I've said earlier. I didn't it mean it that way." He smiled back at her and answered, "I didn't take it against you, Song Ji Hyo-ssi." They smiled at each other after his reply. "I'm also sorry for putting you in this kind of situation." Ji Hyo told the man in front of her. "Crown Prince Ji Hoon has already explained why this situation is happening, so I'm cool." he said with a smile. "Ji Hoon must be so lucky to have you a friend like you." she told him in all honesty. "And he's so lucky to have a girlfriend like you." said he.

Both of them didn't have a hard time communicating with each other. Few hours have passed, and they are still exchanging information about each other and about Joo Ji Hoon. They didn't know that under the chair where Ji Hyo is sitting, there's a recording device. The new bodyguard of Joo Ji Hoon gave the recording to him. Ji Hoon is still in his car in front of the place where he left his girlfriend and his brother-like bodyguard friend. He listened to the recording, and he closed his eyes when he heard Ji Hyo laughed out loud because of Jong Kook's jokes. 

"The King is already looking for you, Your Majesty." the new bodyguard told the Crown Prince. "Just a moment. Maybe later they'll be out." he told him. The new bodyguard obeyed what he said. He then asked him, "What's your name again?" The new bodyguard looked at him and gave him a bow with a lot of effort as he answered the question, "I'm Park Yoo Chun at your service, Your Majesty." "My older brother gave you to me, right?" he asked in regards to his job. "Yes, Your Majesty. Crown Prince Joo Jin Mo asked me to be your bodyguard from now on."

Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo tried to look for more topics to talk about, but with the amount of time they have already spent, they couldn't think of conversational topics anymore. "I guess we can call it a day now." said Ji Hyo. "Yeah, I guess so." he agreed. "I'll drive you home." offered Kim Jong Kook to which Song Ji Hyo replied with a smile as she said this, "You'll have to do that from now on, remember?" Jong Kook pouted his lips as he said, "Oh yeah! I am already your bodyguard. I'm sorry I have forgotten." he said which made the two of them laughed. 

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook went out of the room which used to be Ji Hoon and Ji Hyo's secret place, and Ji Hoon looked at the smiling fake couple from afar. 'Song Ji Hyo, do not ever waver. One of these days, I'll be that one walking with you with a smile.' he told himself. "Let's go." ordered Ji Hoon to Yoo Chun which the latter followed right away. When the car has passed them, the smiles on their faces disappeared. They knew that there's a recording device under the chair. It was actually Kim Jong Kook's instinct that they made them realized they are being recorded.

"My mind is still in a daze, so if I get to be so unresponsive in the future, or if I tend to be inattentive, I hope you can understand. I know that we two are doing this because of Ji Hoon, so I know we'll get along anytime soon. Please give me some time to adjust." said Ji Hyo. "Ji Hyo-ssi, you don't need to explain things to me. I know how you two love each other, and so I am here to help you guys be together." said Jong Kook with a smile. Ji Hyo smiled and offered her hand for a handshake while starting to put an act by saying, "Let's play the role well, my Kim Jong Kook."