The Understanding

Somebody Else


Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo stopped sharing a kiss as they opened their eyes at the same time. They stared at each other for a long time without trying to break the ice. They weren't aware that all the customers are looking at how loving they are looking at each other now. "I think we have found our best couple of the night." announced the emcee. They were surprised when they heard a voice for they didn't know that there was an ongoing program in the eatery where they're in. They looked embarrassed as both of them belatedly realized that all eyes are on them. "Congratulations!" said the island's eatery's emcee. 

Song Ji Hyo looked worried when the woman emcee came towards their table. She looked at him asking for help. He knows why Ji Hyo is worried. She doesn't know to communicate in English that much for she has never applied it in real life. "It's okay. I'll just answer for you." he assured her to which the woman replied with a sigh of relief. "Oh, a Korean couple won tonight's main award." the emcee announced in front of the many customers. The customers made a sound by lightly hitting the glass with a spoon as they chanted, "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" Jong Kook and Ji Hyo looked surprised at the event, but Jong Kook smiled as he granted the customers' request. 

"What is your name?" asked the emcee. "Kim Jong Kook." he answered with a shy smile. "And what's your girlfriend's name?" the emcee asked, but immediately changed her question as soon as she noticed the diamond ring on Ji Hyo's finger. "Are you two already engaged?" He looked at Ji Hyo who is looking at him with a smile as he answered, "We are actually..." He was about to say that they aren't engaged, but Ji Hyo butted in as she answered the woman's question with, "Yes." He looked at her with questions in his eyes.

"Can I please invite you two at the center?" the kind emcee asked to which Ji Hyo and Jong Kook granted. The customers looked at the beautiful couple who are obviously having a mutual understanding, and started to congratulate them. "I didn't know there's a thing like this in here, I'm sorry." Jong Kook told Ji Hyo. "Stop saying sorry. You're not to blame." said Ji Hyo as she pats his shoulder. As they stood at the center stage, a sweet song by Bryan Adams was played. Jong Kook has been a fan of English love songs so he knows the song "Everything I Do, I Do It For You" is the song being played.

"May I have a dance with you?" he asked shyly. "You're so cute when you're shy. Are you aware of that?" Ji Hyo told him. "And because you are embarrassingly being cute in my eyes, I'll definitely have a dance with you." she added. His face turned red. "This is weird." he commented as he placed his hands on her waist just as Ji Hyo's hands were put around his neck. "What's weird?" curious Ji Hyo asked. "This. Us." Jong Kook honestly answered. "What's weird is not this, or not us. It's me." Ji Hyo told him softly as he gave her a curious look.

"I wonder what's with me that I suddenly became like this. It's so sudden. It was just few days ago when I was badly hurt about Ji Hoon's wedding announcement to Yoon Eun Hye, but just the day after that, I found you in a different light.  I - I - I - ..." she was about to admit something, but she knows it isn't right. "I love you. I don't know why. But I do. I really do." said Jong Kook as she was trying to keep the same words to herself. She was so surprised about what she heard. So surprised that her tears fell from her eyes. "It's even weirder that I am crying tears of joy." she said with her watery eyes smiling. 

Jong Kook looked at her again. "Why?" she asked. Jong Kook answered her with a kiss as he scooped her face, but when she tried to return the kiss when she closed her eyes, he stopped kissing her. When she opened her eyes, she can still see the manly face of the man she never thought she'll fall in love with. Jong Kook removed his lips on her lips, so she asked 'why' in a whispering manner. "I can't believe you are real. I thought being close to you like this is just a dream. I'm scared that when I open my eyes, you'll be gone." he answered as she can feel his breath. "I have to make something done first, but I promise you, I won't be gone." said she.

The next morning, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo woke up in a very happy mood. They have decided to swim at the beach to see the goodness of the said tourist spot. Jong Kook is wearing swimming shorts and a top tank. He's waiting in front of Ji Hyo's room and his eyes opened wide when she saw Ji Hyo in a bright yellow swimming suit. He quickly told Ji Hyo to change her swimming attire. Ji Hyo curiously looked at his reaction as she asked, "Isn't it nice?" Jong Kook looked at her as he teasingly answered, "It's nice, but it will be nicer if you just keep those for my eyes to see."

"Ya! Kim Jong Kook!" she reacted as her face turned red and hot with his answer. Jong Kook is now looking at her seriously. "What's wrong with this?"she asked as she flaunted her two-piece swimming suit. Jong Kook looked at her and asked in a serious tone, "Are you going to change your swimming suit? Or you'd want me to change your swimming suit myself?" Her face blushed once again when the latter's question played on her mind. To her embarrassment, she closed the door to change her swimsuit without knowing that she has left Jong Kook waiting outside the door with a big sweet smile on his face while touching his chest. 

This time, Ji Hyo's swimming suit is no longer revealing to Jong Kook's delight. Ji Hyo and Jong Kook exchanged smile as they started to walk hand in hand. "You know there's a thing I have confirmed last night." Ji Hyo sweetly talked to Kim Jong Kook. "What is it?" he asked. "I realized that Ji Hoon and I won't be able to be with each other forever. It's bittersweet because I've always thought I'll be his forever princess, but then now I think, I love Joo Ji Hoon, no more." she said without knowing that Joo Ji Hoon is now having a live engagement party that has been ruined when the young prince said in front of all the televiewers his controversial line when he remembers his woman's video, "I can't take this anymore."