The Stares

Somebody Else

"Ji Hoon and I are already a couple." she told him as she smiled happily at him. "Can't you believe that I am the young prince's girlfriend? I can't really believe it myself." she told him while sitting at the passenger's seat of the car. He will drive Ji Hyo to the singing room where Ji Hoon asked him to go to. "We will be meeting in that singing room as our first date venue. It's so funny, isn't it?" she asked. He can tell that the woman's happiness is so pure. He sighed heavily as he uttered, "It is really funny. The timing is so funny." 

It didn't take them long to arrive at the said place. Jong Kook looked at the woman who just sat on the couch comfortably. They can see a big TV, two microphones, four speakers, three song books, and one long table inside the singing room. "Do you like singing?" she asked him. He shook his head as an answer. "Me neither. I don't like singing. I love it." she said still with a smile seen on her face. "Oh, I forgot to ask. What is your name again?" she asked him all of a sudden. "Kim Jong Kook." he answered while staring at her beautiful face.

She smiled at him while he was looking at her as she jokingly said, "Your name is so masculine. Like how masculine you are in person. I wish Ji Hoon oppa could have that kind of body, too. But I think his built isn't bad at all." He smiled at the woman's cheerfulness. She took one of the song books and searched for a song. He noticed that she entered the song "Tears". She looked at him as she said, "You'll definitely see how I love singing." She started singing, and he can't help but smile at the woman's fighting spirit. Ji Hyo looked at her while she's singing the song, and as he smiled at her, the woman smiled at him back again.

He clapped his hands when the song was over. "How was it?" asked Ji Hyo. "It was not bad." he said with a smile. Ji Hyo smiled as she teased, "Because it was totally bad, right? Haha." He waved his hand to say it was not he meant, but Ji Hyo had her tongue out as she winked at him when she said, "Just joking." His heart thumped faster with the woman's gesture. He didn't notice that she accidentally pressed a wrong number, and so a different song started to play. "Do you know this song?" Ji Hyo asked. He shook his head as an answer.

She was about to press another number to change the song, but when she stood up, she told him, "I wish I could be with Joo Ji Hoon oppa forever and ever. Such a warm man like him is my ideal man. Do you want to know why? Because it reminds me of my father and my brother. Those two are so kind and warm." When she was about to press, he took the microphone from Ji Hyo's hands as he started feeling the song that was accidentally programmed. The song's title is "Somebody Else". It's a song from one of his sister's friends, Se7en.

"I can't bear to hug you, who is in front of me. I can't say a single word, so everyday, I'm only looking at you like this. Right now, in your two eyes, already, since a long time ago, a different person that is not me, is standing before you, making you smile. Your back getting further away is holding onto me. With the pointless hope that you might look back, I'm always waiting for you. You love somebody else, though I am standing here. If I can't have you then I want to dance with your memories. Somebody else, though I am here." 

He noticed Ji Hyo's gaze didn't leave his face, so he continued with the song as he looked at her intensely, "If everything is a dream, then I want to dance with your memories. I can look at you, but I can't approach you. I don't have courage because I'm afraid we might grow apart. So I'm waiting, I'm waiting. Though I don't know where the end is. Everyone says I'm a fool, but no one knows my heart. My heart that only beats towards you, cannot be stopped." Ji Hyo looked at her when he stopped singing as he murmured, "Ji Hyo-ssi, to be honest --- "

"Hello!" happily greeted by a familiar voice. He turned around to see the owner of that familiar voice. He can see the bright smile of the royal prince as he approaches his girlfriend, the woman whom he'd love to be with. He put down the microphone as Ji Hoon stepped closer to them. "I'm sorry that I've to keep you waiting." said Ji Hoon as he kissed Ji Hyo on the cheek. He looked away when he saw that Ji Hoon was about to kiss Ji Hyo on her lips. "Excuse me for a while. I need to go to the bathroom." he said as an excuse. 

The new couple looked at him without being suspicious of his feelings. "Did you have fun while I was away?" he heard Ji Hoon asked. "Yes, I had." answered Ji Hyo that was still audible for him even though the door has closed after he stepped out. 'So this is how it feels...' he told himself as he tastes the bitterness of other's sweetness. 'Ji Hyo-ssi, you're like a dream that won't ever come true, but even so, I think I won't be able to stop this feeling that I already have for you.' he said as he looked at himself in front of the mirror.

It's true that his feelings towards the woman didn't change from the time that he bumped into her, from the first week that he got to know, first month, few months, first year, few years, even after seven years, his dream is still the same. His feelings, although hidden and full of pretensions, are still the same. His senses came back to reality when his phone rang, his small eyes grew bigger as he heard the news - the reason why Song Ji Hyo couldn't look at him straight into his eyes is that she has been trying her best to hide that she's now blind.