The Flashback

Somebody Else


His eyes closed as he lied on the bed as he remember the time when he saw Ji Hyo for the first time. There was a charity event that was organized by the royal family, and famous celebrities were asked to be in the said event. He was still Ji Hoon's bodyguard, and his sister, Kim So Eun, was also there. She's with her boyfriend, Song Joong Ki, around that time. "Oppa, this is my boyfriend. I know you know him." said So Eun who was smiling happily. "Nice to meet you." Joong Ki greeted him as he offered his hand. He smiled at Joong Ki and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you, too." he replied with a smile. He doesn't know why he feel so comfortable with the young man. "Oppa, I'll just meet his older sister. I heard she's here as a volunteer." said So Eun.

He nodded as an answer. He then moved forward to look for the young prince. He knows he was just by his side earlier, but now the young prince is away. He searched everywhere until he bumped into someone. "Oh my!" said the woman who fell down when she bumped into him by surprise. "Are you okay?" he asked as he offered his hand for her to hold. The woman held her hand as she stood up and said, "I'm sorry, I was in a hurry. If you'll excuse me." said the woman as her big eyes looked at him with a sorry smile before she left him standing.

He doesn't know why he turned around when the woman left, but he was glad he did. He noticed that the woman has lost her balance and her consciousness. He ran hurriedly and brought the woman to a room to give her first aid. She noticed that the woman was pale. "You did work too much, didn't you?" he asked as he wiped her face with a towel. When he moved her arm, he noticed  a cut that is still bleeding, so he wanted to clean it. He looked around, but there's no water inside the room, so he stepped out of the room to get some water. It didn't take him long when he came back to the room, but he was surprised.

There's a handkerchief wrapped along the woman's arm, and there's someone else taking care of the woman. "Hyung, you're back." greeted Ji Hoon with a smile. "Thank you for giving her first aid. I already cleaned the cut." Ji Hoon told him to his disappointment. He was supposed to be glad that the cut has been cleaned, however, there's this feeling inside of him that he couldn't define. "What do you think of her, Hyung?" he asked him. "Do you think she'll accept me to be her boyfriend?" asked Ji Hoon. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"I think she'll be the love of my life, Hyung. My heart is beating continuously. I think I fell in love with her at first sight." told Ji Hoon. "Hyung, have you had that feeling? All of a sudden, your heart goes thump thump thump because someone looked into your eyes and smiled at you?" asked Ji Hoon. Before he could answer that he had that kind of feeling with the woman just now, the woman woke up all of a sudden. "Where am I?" asked the woman. "You're in a room." answered Ji Hoon. "I know this is a room. I am not blind. But where exactly?" she asked. Ji Hoon and Jong Kook looked at each other with a surprise expression.

"You're inside a room because you have to be taken care of." Ji Hoon answered while Jong Kook is looking at Ji Hyo. The woman looked at her arm, and he saw a handkerchief on her arm. "That's mine." said Ji Hoon. Ji Hyo looked at his royal boss, and she was shocked when she finally realized that she's talking to the crown prince. "Your Majesty!" surprised Ji Hyo called his name. "It's a pleasure that you took care of me. I'll never forget your kindness." she told Ji Hoon. "Your back earlier was so warm. I have never felt that kind of warmth." she added to Jong Kook's surprise.

Kim Jong Kook thought that the woman was unconscious, but he thought wrong. He smiled upon hearing her comment, but his smile left his face when Ji Hoon told the woman, "Having you on my back was more than a treasure." He noticed that Ji Hyo's face turned red. He wanted to tell the woman that it was his back, not Ji Hoon's. "What's your name?" asked the prince. "Song Ji Hyo." the woman answered. "Why are you here?" asked the young prince again. "I'm here as a volunteer for your charity event. My brother is a part of this event also." she answered. "I came here to support my brother as well as the charity event."

Song Ji Hyo excused herself when she felt better. And now, there's only Ji Hoon and him left in the room. "Ji Hoon-ah, why did you lie to that woman earlier?" he asked softly. Ji Hoon looked at him and said, "It wasn't my intention to lie, Hyung. But then when I saw her bright face, I have forgotten that I was gloomy. the King father asked me to do things that I don't want to do again, so I ran away. But hyung, no matter how I wanted to be free, I feel like that can always see me. And that woman, hyung, she's like a sunlight to me. If I lied, I'm sorry."

He was supposed to be mad at Ji Hoon for he felt like he had been robbed by something so precious, but in this world, he's the person who can really understand Ji Hoon the most. He smiled and patted his head as he said, "It's okay. If you're happy, then it's okay." Ji Hoon smiled at him and requested, "Song Ji Hyo, she'll be mine, okay? Hyung, you must help me have her by my side." Jong Kook nodded at Ji Hoon and smiled back at him. "Let's do that. I'll definitely help you." he said while trying his best to smile hard.

Few weeks after, he was in front of the woman's house. Ji Hyo looked at him trying to remember his face. "Have we met before?" she asked. He smiled at her and answered, "We met at the charity event." Ji Hyo's bright smile fascinated him as he noticed her eyes also smiled. That time, he could definitely feel his heart's fast beating. His eyes opened as he glanced at the ceiling as he was reminded of the time when he's about to break his promise to Ji Hoon by confessing his feelings to Ji Hyo first, but as soon as he opened his mouth, the woman smiled at him again as she announced, "Ji Hoon and I are already a couple."