The Lie

Somebody Else

Kim Jong Kook stood up and assisted Song Ji Hyo when she unknowingly hurt her body. "Excuse us." said Jong Kook to the five curious Running Man members. "Did they have a fight?" Ha Ha worriedly asked. "Maybe it's just a petty lover's quarrel." Kwang Soo saved them with his comment. "Most probably." Suk Jin answered. "I actually thought Song Ji Hyo-ssi is the one who has been dating the Crown Prince." Jae Suk honestly told them. "But seeing Jong Kook-ssi and Ji Hyo-ssi, I believe there's another story." he added.

Jong Kook brought Ji Hyo to the parking lot, so she could sit on the passenger's seat of his car. "Where are you hurt?" Jong Kook asked her as he prepared his handkerchief to clean Ji Hyo's hurt body. Ji Hyo moved her hand and placed it on her chest. "My heart hurts." she said sadly. Jong Kook looked at the brokenhearted Ji Hyo, and as she looked at him, they exchanged stares for a long time. "Will he really get married to another woman?" she asked his royal boyfriend's close buddy. "You know him more than anyone else, will he wed that woman?" she asked.

"I don't know." he lied. He just can't say to the woman that Joo Ji Hoon has never disobeyed his royal family, so if marrying the woman, named Yoon Eun Hye, was an order from the King, he knows there's nothing that they nor she can do about it. Before he thought Ji Hoon can defy anything for Ji Hyo, but when he put her in a role-play with him, he knows Ji Hoon still doesn't have the courage to stand on his own. "How come you don't know? It's impossible that you don't know. You better tell me the truth, than let me have false hopes. Please don't comfort me with lies." she said. 

"You should cheer up!" Jong Kook told her. "If he loves you so much, he'll do anything he could to have you." he added. Ji Hyo's tears run down her cheeks. Jong Kook wiped her tears with the handkerchief that he has been holding since earlier. When he wiped her tears, more tears streamed down her face. "It must be so painful for you." he said as he patiently wiped her tears. 'Don't you know it's painful for me to see you like this, too?' he asked himself while looking at the woman's sad and lonely face. 'Only if I have known you earlier...' he added.

Song Ji Hyo has fallen asleep inside his car because she got tired from crying her heart out. His eyes never leave her face since he has fallen asleep, so he was surprised when the woman's phone rings. Her phone is just right on her pocket, so he took it out easily. He gulped when he saw the caller and the caller's ID picture. It shows the picture of Song Ji Hyo whose head is on Ji Hoon's shoulders. He knows that the picture was taken in Thailand. He knows when it happened because it was him who took the picture of the happy couple. 

Joo Ji Hoon was surprised when Jong Kook answered his call on Ji Hyo's phone. "Where's she?" he asked. "Sleeping on my car, Your Majesty." Jong Kook answered. Kim Jong Kook listened to all the words that the young prince is saying until his royal boss told him on the other line, "Kim Jong Kook hyung, Song Ji Hyo is mine, so please do not have any feelings towards her. I won't take it." Kim Jong Kook looked at the woman on his car as he said with a sigh, "Ji Hoon-ah, it's too late. I have already fallen in love." he said using the term that he uses with him in private.