The Rivalry

Somebody Else


"Song Ji Hyo-ssi!" yelled all the Running Man members to her except for the man whom she's been wanting to see ever since the chaotic things happened earlier. Her sad eyes are meeting his sad eyes when Ji Hoon pressed the way he's holding her waist tightly. She gulped and let go of her sad stare to Kim Jong Kook. The Running Man members can feel the tension among the three. The PD has signaled all of them to get ready filming that made all of them more surprised. The usually talkative national emcee had his mouth shut for the first time.

"Aren't we going to start yet?" the young prince asked all of them. "It's good to see you again, Kim Jong Kook-ssi." he greeted as the camera started to roll. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Your Majesty." butted Kwang Soo who tried to ease the tension. Ji Hoon looked at him as he said, "You're the best friend of my Crown Princess' brother, aren't you?" Kwang Soo was shocked when the royal prince asked him in return. He nodded with respect at the Ji Hoon as he answered nervously, "Yes, I am."

The Running Man staffs and members do not know whether they'll be happy or sad. Happy because they know their ratings will get a landslide, sad because they know that not all members are comfortable with the set-up. It has been planned that Ji Hoon will be a guest alongside Yoon Eun Hye, however, things changed when the prince announced his real relationship with Song Ji Hyo. The staffs are still busy preparing all the equipments, and so the members have a little free time. "Hyung, use your skill now. We need it." told Gary to Jae Suk. 

Ji Hyo and Ji Hoon are now inside a special room. "Ji Hyo-yah..." called Ji Hoon. She looked at him without any reaction at all as he asked her, "Why did we end up like this?" She looked at him again and as she was about to say what's on her mind, Ji Hoon stood up and said, "I am not going to let you go if that's what you'll say." Ji Hoon started to walk out of the room as he reminded her, "Song Joong Ki has a thing with Kim So Eun, right? And you, you have given your heart to somebody else. I know that. But I can't let you go. Remember that." he said.

Ji Hoon went out of the room and left her speechless. She was about to go out, but a man blocked her way. She knows the man well, and so she hugged him when he turned his back against her. "Don't leave." she said as she gave a back hug. "You shouldn't leave." she added. Jong Kook faced her as he said, "You shouldn't leave." She looked at him as she asked, "What do you mean?" Jong Kook gave her a fake smile as he said, "Don't leave Ji Hoon-ah." He patted her head as he added, "What we had was a mistake. Let's correct it."

"Are you crazy? Are you sick or something?" she asked in a confused manner. Jong Kook shook his head as he answered, "I'm just somebody else. You can easily get rid of me." Ji Hyo looked at him feeling betrayed. "What are you talking about? You do know what you mean to me. Don't say things like that." she said while trying to stop her tears from flowing. "Song Ji Hyo, I think you're mistaking us for something." he uttered. "It was so fun to chase an illusion like you while it lasted, but I think I didn't love you as much as I think." lied Jong Kook.

"I think I was blinded that such a woman like you can really get close to me. I never even thought that I could be in a competition for a woman against the Crown Prince. I think it was just for fun, or just for entertainment." he added with a smile. A loud slap on Jong Kook's face was heard by the entire Running Man staffs and members, as well as Joo Ji Hoon, when the sudden microphone inside the room where they are in have been plugged. "You're such a good actor pretending to play the role of being somebody else when deep down you know, that to me, you're more than anyone else." said Ji Hyo as she ran out of the room.

As she ran out of the room, she noticed the stares of the staffs, members, and the young prince. "You heard it all, right?" she asked without minding whether it's right or wrong to act that way even when the camera is still rolling. She looked at Ji Hoon as she said in front of all the people of Running Man, "I'm sorry. But what can I do? I have fallen madly in love with Kim Jong Kook." Ji Hoon looked at her angrily while he walked towards her way as he said, "Let's go. Let's just do this filming some other time." She didn't obey his order, and so Ji Hoon shouted in a very mad tone, "I said, "Let's go.""

Kim Jong Kook heard the commotion, and so he went out of the room to face Ji Hoon. Jong Kook held Ji Hyo's hand as he told her while looking at Ji Hoon, "I lied. I love you a lot that it makes me feel angry and sad that I really can not do anything because Ji Hoon has everything. I lied. I admit I was wrong. But I don't want to lose you. I love you Song Ji Hyo, and if I have to go against everything, I will. I will because our love is my will." said Jong Kook in admission. Ji Hoon grinned at him when he said those before he launched a punch to him. 

The Running Man members were surprised when Ji Hoon threw a hard punch to Jong Kook. Jong Kook didn't fight back, but Ji Hoon punched him again. This time, the punch was even more severe. "The first punch was from me as a prince, and that second one was from me as your brother-like family friend. I never thought a day like this would come." said Ji Hoon. Jong Kook didn't look at the prince as he said, "I've made a mistake. But how could a mistake feels so right? I don't have plans of letting go, Ji Hoon-ah. So throw me more punches if you want. However, I will not want you to touch my Song Ji Hyo ever." warned Jong Kook with adifferent tone and a different stare to everyone's surprise who are watching them live since earlier.