The Surgery

Somebody Else

The morning has been broken, and Song Ji Hyo's face is full of bliss. It's now time for her to see again. In a while, her eye transplant will be done. She knows her brother, Joong Ki, is watching her. "Are you excited for me, too?" she asked with a smile on her face. "I just can't wait for you to see, Noona." answered Joong Ki. She smiled at him again as she heard Joong Ki's question, "Won't you be sad that it's not Jong Kook hyung that you'll see when you get your sight back?" She shook her head as she answered, "You know how I love you like I love Jong Kook oppa."

"Our condolences." said Jae Suk to the older royal brother of Ji Hoon. Jin Mo bowed at the national emcee. "How's Jong Kook and Kwang Soo?" asked Jin Mo. Jae Suk looked at the concerned royal prince as he answered, "Still unconscious." Jin Mo nodded slowly as he tried not to be emotional over his younger brother's death. "How about Song Ji Hyo?" asked Jin Mo. Jae Suk looked at Jin Mo as he answered, "I heard she'll have the eyes of Prince Ji Hoon anytime soon." With Jae Suk's reply, Jin Mo shed a tear. "My brother is stupid, isn't he?" he asked again.

"How do you feel now, Noona?" asked Joong Ki when the ER Chief, Lee Pil Mo, told them that they should get ready for the transplant. Ji Hyo answered her brother, "I am so nervous, but I am so excited. I'll be forever grateful to my eyes' donor." Before Joong Ki can say a thing, the ER Chief entered the room already to assist his older sister. He doesn't know why it feels so hard for him to tell his sister that it's her ex-boyfriend who donated his eyes for her, and that her boyfriend and her boyfriend's close friend are both in coma as of the moment.

"I don't think that's a sign of stupidity, Your Majesty." butted Suk Jin, who was also with Jae Suk when the latter sent their condolonces. Jin Mo looked at the oldest member of Running Man as he eyed him a question, "If it's not stupidity, what is it?" Suk Jin smiled a little as he answered, "It's loyalty." Jae Suk looked at Suk Jin with amazement. "Your Majesty, Joo Ji Hoon, just showed his loyalty towards the woman he loves, and towards the friend he values." Jae Suk looked at Jin Mo's reaction upon hearing Suk Jin's words, but he couldn't read him well.

Song Ji Hyo is now inside the operating room. She doesn't know why she feels so happy and sad at the same time. She feels so happy that she can see the wonders of nature again in any moment, but she feels sad for she can feel that something is off. "Are you ready?" asked Lee Pil Mo. "Yes, Chief." she answered. "You'll get some sleep for a while, okay?" said Pil Mo as he readied the anaesthesia. Ji Hyo nodded as a reply, and the ER Chief saw her gesture, she was injected by the said pain reliever. Her body took it in quickly, and now she's asleep. 

"I sincerely wish that Jong Kook and Kwang Soo get their lives back to normal now that my brother is gone." Jin Mo told them as he stood up from sitting. "Your Majesty..." called Jae Suk. Jin Mo looked at Jae Suk as he asked, "Why?" Jae Suk bowed as he said, "Please do not blame them for our country's loss." Jin Mo tapped Jae Suk's shoulder as he answered, "Don't worry. You don't know how it feels being in my shoes. I don't want others to feel like this." He turned his back to the Running Man members who were in awe with Jin Mo's words. 

"Ya, Lee Kwang Soo! Why aren't you getting up yet?" asked Joong Ki to his sleepy best friend. "How could you sleep for such a long time?" he asked again. Joong Ki has been friends with Kwang Soo since they were young. People might joked at how different they are, but their differences are actually the reason why their friendship matters a lot. "If you choose the young prince as your new best friend, I'll definitely forget you as my best buddy." he warned as he tried to fix his stares at his longtime best friend. "Wake up, Kwang Soo. Wake up!" he uttered.

"Wake up!" she heard a familiar voice ordered her to wake up. She smiled when she saw Kim Jong Kook smiling at her. "Oppa, I can see again." she screamed as she saw him smiling at her. "That's good. You did good. Very good." commended Jong Kook. "I thought you wouldn't come." she told him. "I can't be gone soon, Ji Hyo-yah." he told her with a smile. She smiled at him back, but his image is slowly disappearing. She panicked when she can only see darkness when she opened her eyes. "Kim Jong Kook oppa!!" she yelled as her sweat shows.

Kim Jong Kook opened his eyes when he heard Ji Hyo's voice. He had a dream that he has decided to go with Ji Hoon somewhere far away, but was surprised to hear the familiar voice of his woman. "Hyung! Hyung!" called Ha Ha. "Jae Suk hyung, Suk Jin hyung, Gary hyung, Jong Kook hyung is already awake." said Ha Ha excitedly. The members ran towards his bed when they heard the good news. He looked at all the members of Running Man as he asked a question, "Where's  Song Ji Hyo?" Jae Suk smiled as he answered, "She's going to see you soon."

"What can you say?" Lee Pil Mo asked her after the successful operation. "I just can't get any happier." she answered with a big bright smile on her face. "I feel so wonderful having these eyes. It feels like these eyes are mine from the beginning." she answered. She remembered that she has to see Jong Kook, so she tried to get out of the bed. "Ji Hyo-ssi, you can't get up that much yet." advised Pil Mo. "It's okay, I can manage." she said as she stepped out of the room quickly. When she stepped out of the room, she saw Joong Ki sitting sadly outside.

She was about to greet her younger brother when she saw her co-member, Gary, calling Joong Ki. She could hear him shout, "Jong Kook hyung is now awake, Joong Ki. He has now gain consciousness." Her heart beats fast upon hearing something about Jong Kook. She hurriedly ran towards the room to everyone's surprise. "Ji Hyo-yah - Noona - Ji Hyo-si - " she heard her name was called multiple times in a different manner, but her gaze is all set at Jong Kook. "Oppa, what happened to you?" she asked in a surprised and worried tone. She was more worried and surprised, when Jong Kook started to cry when they saw each other eye-to-eye.