Chapter 17

THE OFFER {EDITING}
~SOMIN'S POV~. Shin hye unnie dropped me off at the kim's mansion and I went in,I dunno why I decided to stay here,I guess I needed the reassuring presence of his family...my family now,they always treat me like a princess but they sensed something was wrong today,I kept spacing out so Mr kim advised me to go upstairs and rest. I was lying down on the bed,it was Joongie's room, regardless of what shin hye unnie said, I still felt really jealous and he hasn't called meanwhile he was hugging another woman...after we made love during the honeymoon he hadn't touched me again,he just cuddled me when we slept...to be sincere I was worried if I didn't satisfy him,was that why he went to her aiiisssssh I really need to trust Joongie ,he wanted us to get along so he wouldn't do that. I heard a soft knock on my door and Mrs Kim poked in her head. "Are you sleeping?" She asked but I smiled and asked her to come in,she sat by the side of my bed and looked at me...I knew she wanted to talk so I sat up and listened to her. "I guess you saw the magazine article?" She asked,I nodded sadly and said. "How did you know?" She just smiled "You are a very transparent person all you feel is in your eyes, you can't hide what you feel." I looked at her and sighed "When I saw that picture I felt so jealous and heartbroken" I said ,I didn't want to hide anything from her,she just smiled. "There is nothing going on between the two of them,they are really good friends and they had what you young people call friends with benefits but not anymore...there is no love between them".she said with confidence but still I found it hard to believe that it just ended between them. "How are you so sure?". I asked. "Because he told me it ended and I believe whatever Joongie says...and more so he doesn't trust any woman except me" she said with a sad look in her eyes,now I was curious. "Why?" I asked out of curiousity,she just sighed. "You are now a Kim so I guess you have a right to know...you see I am not Joongie's biological mother even though in my heart he is my child" I was shocked into speechlessness. "I don't understand...how is that possible...is he adopted?" I asked. "No,he is a child from Mr kim's first marriage...when Joongie was a baby,I was employed as nanny to look after the baby because all Mi rae,the first Mrs Kim wanted was to party and have fun with all her lovers" my jaw dropped I couldn't believe what I was hearing but Mrs kim had continued with the story so I listened attentively. "She was very beautiful,and Joongie loved his mother a lot and I guess she loved him too in her own way until one day she ran away with her lover abandoning Joongie. his only friends were ankita and me...we tried our best to console him but he was so devastated and withdrawn,he never smiled or played like the way he use to and I grieved for the loss of that adorable child...After a few years, Mr kim married me but I couldn't bear children and so Joongie was his only heir" she paused and I could see that the fact that she couldn't bear children still hurt her a lot. "Am sorry" I said but she just smiled sadly. "Somehow Mi rae knew about this,she went to his school and told him that she loved him very much and wanted him to go with her...he believed every word she said and went with her but soon he realized his own mother kidnapped him to get money from his father...from that day on,he considered his mother dead...he was going through a difficult time emotionally and I did all I can to help him but he didn't trust anyone and was very weary of woman that came near him...he always felt they wanted something in return. Ankita on the other hand did all she could but her parents took her back to india,my Joongie saw that as another woman he cared about leaving him. Since then his young heart has been so cold towards love...he told me that love was vulnerability and he was never going to be vulnerable again".I didn't even realize that I had been crying until I felt a lump in my throat, no wonder my Joongie was so cold he has suffered a lot because of a woman he loved with all his heart. "When Joongie married you I knew there was still hope,so please don't give up on him...I beg you...he needs someone to make him feel he is worth fighting for, that cold heart is just a wall of protection so please be patient...and let your love win him over" She said crying too,I hugged her and we cried for the person we both loved. "I promise I will" I said but in my heart I wondered if a heart frozen for so long will ever care for someone like me. Will he ever accept that all I wanted from him was just his love? Will he let me stay by his side and give him all the love I had to offer? This questions haunted me until I fell into a dreamless sleep. ~END OF CHAPTER~.