Chapter 2 - The Secret of The Blue Box

Max's New Girlfriend

" Weirdoes," mumbled Yunho pouting and rubbing his head.

"...mian," said Jaejoong sheepishly grinning as he hid the baseball bat behind him.

* mian - korean for 'sorry'

" Yunho hyung, what were you doing in here anyway? " asked Changmin.

" Ah, nothing... I was just trying to get down those boxes that were on top of the cupboard," said Yunho simply. He straightened himself up and stood up, still pouting while Jaejoong brushed the dust off his shirt.

Junsu on the other hand was jumping up and down trying to reach the blue box that was still on top of the cupboard.

" Yunho hyung, it's too high! " panted Junsu finally giving up.

Changmin and Yunho - the tallest of the five - cooly reached up and brought down the heavy blue box.

" What's in it? " asked Jaejoong curiously.

" I don't know, which is WHY I was checking it out when my 'friends' decided to play 'Dora the Explorer' ," said Yunho in a mean voice before suddenly smiling and saying cheerily, " Omo, Jae! You're wearing the apron I got you on your birthday! "

Now it was Jaejoong's turn to pout, not to mention to turn a deep shade of red.

FLASHBACK: 'Jaejoong's Birthday'

Yunho had given Jaejoong a huge and elaborately packed birthday gift to Jaejoong on his birthday. On opening it he found yet another elaborately gift wrapped box. This went on and on till he reached the smallest box which was the size of perhaps a small pizza box. It had a small note with very fancy writing.

It read -

" It's not the size of the gift that matters, it's the thought that counts "

On opening the last and final box he found a card underwhich was something wrapped in foamy sheets. Ignoring the card he unwrapped his gift and to his dismay found a frilly pink maid apron with lace and ribbons! It was actually quite cute but why FOR HIS BIRTHDAY! A girl would have loved it but to A GUY???

Jaejoong quickly read the card -

" Jaejoong-ah, sengil chukkae!

Hope you like ~ Yunho (kekeke..) "

END OF FLASHBACK

" I'm only wearing it 'cause the other one's in the wash," said Jaejoong heatedly.

" Jae, it was a joke! " said Yunho. He loved teasing Jaejoong. " Besides, pink suits you! "

" That's it! " snapped Jaejoong beggining to pull off the apron.

" Jae, you can't throw it! I got that custom designed! It cost A LOT! " whined Yunho.

" Fine," pouted Jaejoong before storming off to the kitchen.

" Come on, lets go finish breakfast ," said Yoochun.

After a quick breakfast the boys were back in the storeroom, sitting around the heavy blue box.

" What?! Books, pens and CDs?? " whined Junsu unhappily sifting through the box's contents.

" Why? Were you expecting treasure? " piped in Changmin sarcastically.

" What's this? " asked Jaejoong picking out a book from the box. He read the title, " 'Hypnotism: Everything You Need To Know'. "

The box was filled with books on hypnotism. They had titles like 'A Guide To Hypnotism', 'Hypnotising People' and 'Let's Learn To Hypnotise' amongst other weird names. There were even CDs on the subject!

" Whose is this? " asked Junsu suddenly.

The boys just looked at each other with blank faces. It belonged to neither of them and on top of that neither of them knew how it had gotten into their store room in the first place!

" Hypnotism? What's that? A disease? " asked Yunho with a puzzled face.

" You know, on TV, some weird dude dangles a watch infront of people and makes them fall asleep and then makes them do whatever he wants them to do," explained Yoochun. " Hocus pocus, it's not real."

" Yes it is..." said Changmin.

" No it's not," retorted Junsu.

" Yes it IS! "

" NO IT'S NOT! "

"YES IT IS! "

" NO IT'S NOT! "

"YES IT IS! "

" Why don't we settle this..." trailed off Yunho, " By trying it out? "

" Are you NUTS? Only a real hypnotist can do those things!, " reasoned Changmin.

" You're just saying that 'cause you know it's NOT real! " piped in Junsu sticking his tongue at the maknae.

" Give it a shot, " said Yoochun supportively.

Jaejoong looked skeptical. Yunho was enjoying the commotion.

"... unless... you KNOW you're wrong, " teased Yunho.

" FINE! I WILL TRY! " yelled Changmin.