Chapter 16 - Shall We Meet Again?

Max's New Girlfriend

Changmin dropped the board game.

Had the girl just spoken?

She did didn't she?

" Did you just... " trailed off Changmin.

To the maknae's surprise, she nodded with a smile. He looked at her skeptically. She immediately picked up on his expression as her smile quicly faded and was replaced by a cute pout and a confused expression. Not wanting to scare the girl or even worse, upset her, Changmin smiled warmly at her.

It took immediate effect.

The girl brightened up and smiled making Changmin's heart skip a beat.

Little did he know that he had flushed so red that the girl now had a new pout on her lips.

" What? " asked Changmin a little taken aback. Why was she pouting now?

The girl with concern written all over her face leaned foreward making Changmin lean backward. She put a hand to his forehead. It was a little warm. But what had caught her attention was how pink he'd turned.

The girl cupped his face and pouted.

Changmin gulped nervously. Was she going to kiss him again?? Not that he was complaining if she did. But that had been his first kiss. And he'd shared it with a stranger. A nice, pretty, sweet stranger... But still. He was nervous. He wasn't exactly experienced. What was he supposed to do??

Take her hand and sweep her off her feet like in the fairytales?

Twist his head to the left, close his eyes and lean in like the movies?

His heart was practically riccocheting off his ribs when he decided to just wait for her to move closer. Then he'd close his eyes and return the kiss.

A slight movement brought him back to Earth. The girl had moved closer...

This was it.

Changmin closed his eyes.

" Min-min red... " said the girl.

Changmin's eyes flew open and embarassment flooded over him like a wave. He hid his face. This had to be the most embarassing moment in his life. Well, not as embarassing as having Yoochun drunk and flirting with him in public 'cause he thought he was Miss Korea, but still. This ranked a close second.

If Changmin had been red before, he was sure he'd turned a few hundred shades red-ER.

The girl tried to touch his arm but he pulled away. He was much too embarassed to look her in the eye.

Grrrooooowwwwlll~

Changmin looked around bewildered only to be greeted by a slightly blushing girl hugging her legs to her chest burrying her face into the sleeves of her new red sweater.

He smiled. She was hungry.

He was about to go all, "Hey you!" or "Hey girl!" but figured it would be rude.

" Hey, pretty girl.. ' said Changmin sweetly. " Peghupayo? "

* peghupayo- Are you hungry? (here; used with a high tone at the end to make it a question)  - I'm hungry (if used in a straight tone)

 The girl shook her head.

But her stomach rumbled again.

She blushed and hid her face in her sweater again.

Changmin chucled before asking her, " What would you like to eat? "

The pretty girl didn't say anything. She just smiled and looked up at him expectantly.

" Ramyeon? "

" Chips? "

" Chocolate? "

" Kimbap? "

" Kimchi fried rice? "

" Seaweed soup? "

*Ramyeon - noodles, kimbap - something like sushi, kimchi - korean traditional pickles : YUMMY!

She shook her head to all three.

" Then what would you like?" asked Changmin scratching the back of his neck. " I can'tmake much. I think we have leftover fried chicken- "

The girl cut him off by jumping a little.

" Chicken? " asked Changmin relieved that finally she'd heard something that she wanted to eat. ' You want chicken? "

She nodded with a wide smile.

" I'll go and heat it up. Wait for me alright? " said the young boy sweetly recieving a cute smile and a slight blush from his beautiful night time visitor.

The tall boy unlocked his door and opened it softly in the process scattering the various "charm" stones he'd decorated his room with. He looked at them disgustedly as he thought of how stupid he'd been to think that the girl in his room was a super natural creature. He felt so stupid!

 On returning to his room with the now hot fried chicken he expected to see the girl waiting for him but she wasn't there...

On the sheets and the blanket lay her still warm sweater as the only reminder of their first... date.

He felt his heart sink in dissapointment.

But holding the still warm sweater, all he could do was hope she would come visit another night...