Chapter 17 - A Glance

Max's New Girlfriend

Changmin walked out of his room slowly. He clutched the still-warm red sweater tightly to himself as though his actions would bring back his mystery girl. It wasn't until he felt the bowl he was holding being snatched away from him, did he look up.

" Hi hyung! " greeted a bright chirpy face.

It was of course the chicken fiend Lee Jinki – SHINee's Onew!

" Jinki? " asked Changmin surprised to see his dongsaeng in their apartment so early in the morning.

" Changmin? " mimicked Onew, not wasting a minute he was back to munching on the fried chicken Changmin had heated up for his night time visitor.

Changmin sighed letting his hand drop.

" Why so low? " asked Jinki, concern lacing what could be heard of his voice.

Changmin being the older and a sunbae straightened his face and put on the best smile he could. Cheerfully – or as cheerfully as he could – he changed the topic.

" I'm not low. Anyway, what are you doing here so early? " asked the older who was definitely not doing a very good job of hiding his disappointment.

" Oh, I guess you've forgotten. You said you'd tag along with us today! We're going  out, remember? " said Jinki barely looking up from his chicken.

The older sighed with relief. He wasn't doing a very convincing job but thank heavens there was chicken to distract Jinki! There could be an earthquake and it wouldn't separate the younger boy from his precious fried chicken.

A shuffle followed by a lot of banging, screaming and crashing sounded from down the hall. Probably Jaejoong's room. The noise was so alarming it had even Jinki look up from his chicken, albeit with a drumstick held tightly by his teeth.

" Uhhh… " trailed off Changmin.

It took a second for the two idols to recover their senses and rush towards the room.

Slamming the door open they were greeted with a very strange sight indeed. Jaejoong was on his bed looking scared out of his wits being comforted by a still very sleepy Yunho. And on the other end of the room – the culprits.

" Jonghyun! Minho! What do you two think you're doing? " asked Changmin sternly.

The two pranksters had apparently been upto no good looking at the dresser whose contents were now all on the floor broken into tiny shards. Observing the mess on the floor Changmin recognized the vandalized  property as Jaejoong's expensive cosmetics.There was no way his dongsaengs were getting out of this mess alive. As soon as Jaejoong got over the shock of… whatever had shocked him, he was going to be furious!

" Well, are you going to answer me? " asked Changmin trying his best to salvage the situation. Perhaps he could get a reason out of them that would cool down Jaejoong a little bit. Once he got angry there would be no reasoning with him, especially after the loss of more that 3 million Won!

" Uhh.. well, " stuttered Minho before giving up and knudging Jonghyun in the ribs.

" Whaaat? " asked Jonghyun increudulously.

Changmin inwardly smacked himself on the head for even believing that the two jokers would catch on and come up with an excuse while Jaejoong's inner tiger was still in the process of waking up.

" You guys mean to say you're sorry, it was an accident and that you just wanted to look at Jaejoong hyung's stuff because he always has the best of the best, right? " said Changmin not even hiding the fact that he wanted Jonghyun and Minho to catch on. 

" Uhh... " was all Minho managed to say before scratching the back of his neck.

" Ha! Best of the best? " came a sly voice from the doorway.

" The almighty Key. Great timing, " muttered Changmin under his breath. Key was an ulzzang, just like Jaejoong. But perhaps he had a little more of an attitude and had a huge problem with keeping his opinions to himself. Changmin gave the pretty boy a look that said, " Shut up. Get out. "

Of course Key wouldn't listen. No one told him what to do. And so he drawled on...

" Of course if you were the best of the best you wouldn't be using THAT! " said Key pointing at a jar of still intact face cream. He didn't stop there but continued to push Jaejoong's buttons. " Wrinkles, hyung? "

That was it.

Jaejoong threw Yunho's arms off him. His eyes were seething.

" Guys... " began Changmin. " RUN! "

Following his command he and the boys of SHINee ran out of the apartment and onto the streets.

All except one innocent little boy who was completely unaware of what had happened. Poor Taemin was left in the DBSK apartment to face the wrath of Jaejoong. And there was nothing Yunho could do to calm him down..

OUT IN THE STREETS OF SEOUL

Changmin and the four escapees were heading for an ice cream parlour across the street even though the weather was pleasantly cool. All that running had made them feel quite hot, almost as though it had suddenly become summer.

As his dongsaengs made their way into the parlour Changmin couldn't help but stare at the girl who exited just as he entered.

It was her...

His midnight visitor...

His dream girl...