Chapter 21 - Unnie..

Max's New Girlfriend

" Min-min.. " came the voice of tinkling bells.

Changmin tensed. Why? He didn't know. But how did Eun-Joong follow him all the way into his room? He had dropped her off already. Was she really a psychotic fan girl?

He kept his eyes closed and pretended to be asleep. For a while he heard nothing but then he felt the weight of the bed shift.

He felt it dip under the weight of his 'midnight maiden' who was edging closer and closer towards him...

He felt her lean over him. He felt her hair tickle his nose as she peered at his face intently...

He felt her warm sweet smelling breath on his face...

He did his best to keep his eyes closed and pretend she wasn't there. For some reason, he thought that if he did not accept her this way, as a midnight guest, she would give up on the break ins and just go on dates with him.. Like the one they had just come back from.

" Min-min.. " she repeated in that same angelic voice that sounded of tinkling bells.

His resolve crumbled and he opened his eyes sleepily.

" Umm... Hi.. " he said awkwardly.

The girl pouted.

Changmin smiled at her. He hated it when he made her pout. It was cute but, she seemed too fragile...

But then again, she seemed so different from herself when they were on their date.

Without knowing, Changmin's smile had grown into a thoughtful frown. And the girl infront of him had mirrored him.

" Min-min... " she said waking him out of his thoughts.

" Oh, I'm sorry.. " said Changmin with an apologetic smile.

The girl merely tilted her head, then smiled.

Changmin felt his breath hitch and his heart stop for a fragment of a second. Her smile... was simply breath taking.

Again, his smile had wavered and this made the girl a little upset. She began to crawl towards where he was sitting.

She looked amazingly feline like, thought Changmin. He was getting a little scared. What if he felt like kissing her? He didn't want her to come too close. Not when she looked that beautiful.. Not when there was no one around.. Not when the moonlight made everything feel more dream like..

He backed away from her a little bit.

She pouted and moved closer with one hand outstretched... So gently as though she were to caress his face..

He looked into her eyes. Her black orbs seemed to swallow him as she peered into his own eyes so intently. She was going to kiss him.. And he wasn't going to stop her.. Once again in a span of less than five minutes he felt his resolve crumble before her...

He closed his eyes...

 

But the kiss never came.

When he opened his eyes she was an inch from his face. She raised a finger to his face and once again he closed his eyes in anticipation of his kiss..

 

He felt two fingers at the edge of his lips and he abrubtly opened his eyes.

She smiled and pulled his lips into a smile. Yes, just like in TV cartoons. She turned his frown upside down. Changmin caught sight of the way he looked in the full length mirror at the other end of the room. He looked pathetic!

He backed away pouting.

The girl merely giggled. She giggled so much her stomach began to hurt and she finally stopped clutching onto her tummy but still panting between small chuckles..

He smiled.. He couldn't stay sad at such an angel..

" Eun Joong-ah... " he called out to her.

She stopped giggling and looked at him with wide eyes.

" Eun Joong.. What's wrong? " asked the boy wondering if he'd offended her by calling her name informally.

She shook her head.

" Eun- " he began but was silenced by the girl's actions. She had quickly put a finger to his lips.

" Why?.. " asked Changmin. " You don't like me calling you informally? How about Go Eun Joong-ssi? "

She shook her head fervently. This time with tears in her eyes.

He felt panicked. Did he just make her cry?!

He ran to her and held her in his arms allowing her to sob into the front of his t-shirt. He patted her hair softly. He was so confused. Did she not like her name? Why did it drive her to tears... There were so many questions running through my mind when her voice broke the silence..

" Unnie... " she whispered.

 

* "unnie" - korean for "elder girl/sister" said from a younger girl to an older girl