Chapter 22 - Lovebirds

Max's New Girlfriend

" Unnie? " trailed of Changmin.

But the girl merely wiped a glistening tear from her cheek.

" .... " Changmin just stared. She was so beautiful when she cried..

And he didn't know what to say. He wanted to say her name.. To whisper it.. but he didn't know her name.

" What's your name.. " he whispered.

She turned away. She shook her head.

" Why.. " he whispered again.

She just shook her head.

" Please, or should I ask your unnie- "

But he was stopped by her hand which had found itself over his mouth. Her eyes were wide. Pleading.

But why? Why didn't she want him to ask for her name?

" If you don't tell me... I'll ask.. " he whispered.

A tear fell from her eye.

" Please... " he whispered.

" Promise? .. " she suddenly whispered.

" Huh? "

" Don't ask.. "

" But why? "

" Promise? "

After considering for a moment, Changmin nodded.

The girl looked at him with glossy eyes before looking back down at her hands.

" Go EunSu, " she whispered.

" Go EunSu, " repeated Changmin with a smile.

He finally had a name to place with his mystery midnight maiden.

Go EunSu , he mentally repeated. Even her name was pretty.

" EunSu-ah.. " he called to her.

He had called her very affectionately. As if they had known each other for years. It caused Go EunSu to blush. She continued to play with her fingers. Her actions reminded him of a kitten playing with a ball of yarn.

" EunSu-ah.. " he called again.

This time she looked up at him and quickly resumed playing with her fingers as she turned a deep shade of red.

He moved closer to her. He didn't know why. But he couldn't help himself.

EunSu moved back a little towards the headboard. She leaned against the pillows for warmth.

' So cute, ' thought Changmin.

He leaned in and peered at her face with almost predator eyes. It caused EunSu to blush even more.

He moved in to kiss her at an agonisingly slow pace.

EunSu's eyes closed and she braced herself for the kiss. Her prince was finally going to kiss her. She felt her leap. She felt her stomach perform a gymnastic routine fit for the Olympics! She felt fireworks explode in every inch of her being...

Only to be dissapointed when a pair of soft lips kissed her lightly on the forehead.

She opened an eye.

Changmin was smirking at her.

" What? " he teased. " Were you expecting something else? "

She pouted and swatted her prince playfully. Her touch was so soft against his shoulders that it felt like a butterfly had brushed against the spot. He chuckled at her pouting face as she stared intently in any direction but his to hide her embarasment.

He didn't know why but he just felt like it...

He leaned in and lightly kissed her on the lips.

When he broke away he saw EunSu blushing even redder than before. But with a smile playing at her lips.

She felt the fireworks go crazy inside her.

And she felt even happier when she noticed the slight blush on Changmin's cheeks and the almost crazy happy grin playing at his lips.

Knowing that her prince liked it made her happy.. How could she not be happy? Her prince liked something she'd done!

" EunSu's happy.. " she whispered.

" Eh? " exclaimed Changmin. His maiden, no, EunSu - she had a name now - was speaking more than usual.

" EunSu's happy.. ' she repeated with a smile as she ran up to him and hugged him.

She buried her face into the chest of the boy sitting beside her. She loved his warmth, his smell. It made her feel so elated! And when she felt him wrap his arms around her, she smiled into his chest. You could only imagine how happy she felt when she felt him press soft kisses to her forehead.

It was at some point later, when they were wrapped in each others arms they fell asleep.

Of course not before EunSu whispered, " Min-min chayo? "

* 'Min-min chayo?' - korean for 'Has Min-min fallen asleep?'

Changmin pretended to be asleep. He didn't want to disturb the comfort of their position.

" Saranghae Min-min.. " she whispered before placing her head back into the warmth of his chest.

* 'saranghae' - korean for 'I love you'

With that the two lovebirds fell asleep in each others arms...