Chapter 23 - Date

Max's New Girlfriend

Light filtered through the window making Changmin see red through his eyelids. It was followed by a rather noisy entance into his room. He sleepily raised his head only to meet eyes with a fuming Jaejoong who was trailed by the rest of the group.

Changmin lay his head back on the pillow mumbling a whiny, " Wae~?"

* "Wae" - Korean for "Why"

Changmin heard the other three whispering but he couldn't care less. He knew jaejoong was staring at him with that icy cold glare of his, but he was too sleepy. He had spent the night with his midnight maiden. Go EunSu.

Changmin smiled with his eyes closed.

Go EunSu.

Her name sent him into ecstasy.

Beautiful. Everything about her was beautiful...

" Ya~ " yelled Jaejoong from behind him.

" Whaaaaat? " whined Changmin pulling up his covers to hide his face. Why was his hyung so persistent? All he wanted to do is sleep!

But Jaejoong did not reply this time so Changmin pretended to have fallen asleep again. Being the innocent fella he is, the guilt of ignoring his hyung grew in enormity in about two minutes and he quickly turned around to face his hyung who now looked angry enough to beat him to a pulp.

" Wae.. " mumbled out Changmin feeling a little scared.

He noticed his other hyungs. Yunho was examining Jaejoong and signalling something to Yoochun, while Junsu looked probably as scared Changmin did at that moment.

All of a sudden Jaejoong's face calmed down and looked more concerned than angry, more worried than anything else.

" Min-ah, have you been having nightmares? " asked Jaejoong in a very concerned mother like tone.

Changmin's jaw dropped.

Junsu looked confused, while Yunho did a silent but very theatrical face palm. Yoochun, being the cool and calm one merely rolled his eyes and stalked out of the room with model like grace, followed by Junsu who was squealing, " What just happened? Chunnie? I wasn't paying attention? What did Jae-hyung say? "

" All that fuss to ask him i fhe was having nightmares? " gawked Yunho. " Are you taking that mother role a little too seriously? "

Jaejoong turned a little red at that.

" Am not. " he pouted.

" Umm.. why do you ask? " asked Changmin tentatively.

Jaejoong rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

" Well, I woke up around two and when I passed your door, I heard whispering or mumbling or something. At around four I went to the bathroom and I heard groaning or something. It sounded like you were in pain or something. When I came in - "

" You came in?! " exclaimed Changmin.

" Well, yeah.. I was worried, " said Jaejoong turning redder. " But you were just hugging your blanket and had a pained expression on your face. "

" Uhh... " said Yunho. " Boring! "

" Aish! I f you're bored get out! " said Jaejoong pushing Yunho out of the room.

Looking back at Changmin with a concerned look, the older of the two sat on the edge of the bed.

" Min, you know you can ask your hyungs anything, right? " asked jaejoong.

" Of course, " said Changmin brightly.

" So, you know if you're having any problems you can tell us... " said Jaejoong caringly.

" Sure, hyung. Thanks for worrying about me. I'm okay, " said Changmin when they were interupted by a fairly obnoxious person who they were forced to call "Leader-ssi".

" You guys done with the sissy girly talk? "

" SISSY GIRLY TALK? " yelled both Jaejoong and Changmin.

Yunho merely stood there, grinning. Which only infuriated Jaejoong even more. Of course, Yunho just had to tap in to some og that wild current electricity.

" Oh my! Don't tell me! " exclaimed Yunho faking surprise. " You two are ~~~~~~ "

Yunho never had time to complete his sentence because Jaejoong had sprinted behind him with the closest hard object he could find, which just happened to be a hockey stick. Jaejoong of course being followed by Changmin who had only managed to grab his pillow to beat up Yunho with!

" Come here ya big chicken! ' yelled Jaejoong as he ran after Yunho.

" Yunho-hyung, if I get my hands on you, I'll put you to sleep~ " yelled Changmin running after his hyung in his Hamtaro PJs.

" Did someone say 'chicken'? " came a voice from the kitchen.

" Hey! Lee Jin-Ki, how'd you get in? " snapped Jaejoong.

" Uhh.. Junsu-hyung opened the door for me, " said Onew bewildered at the tone of Jaejoong's voice.

In the meantime, Yunho had snuck out of the house.

But of course Jaejoong was distracted by Lee JinKi's little morning visit. As they chattered away, Changmin received a phone call.

" Hello, this is Shim Changmin's mobile. May I know who's calling? "

" Changmin-ssi. This is Go Eun Joong. I was just calling to say good morning... " said the female voice on the other end shyly.

Changmin didn't say anything. Go Eun Joong wasn't his midnight maiden. It was Go EunSu..

" Changmin-ssi? " enquired EunJoong.

" Oh, EunJoong-ssi.. " mumbled Changmin.

" Well, you can pick me up anytime after ten! I'll see you then! " said EunJoong happily as she cut the line before Changmin had the chance to say anything.

Changmin took a quick glance at his watch. It was 9:58 AM. He was supposed to pick her up around 10 AM!

And so he ran to his room, quickly pulling on jeans and a clean t-shirt. A cap and a large pair of sunglasses. All the while he was wondering. Perhaps EunSu was EunJoong. She might have like, Multiple Personality Disorder... There was no way of being sure. He'd have to meet EunJoong. Maybe there would be something different about the two.. Some physical difference..

On the way out of the elevator he bumped into a large but very familiar person.

Yunho. A.K.A. Leader-ssi.

Changmin glared at Yunho. He hadn't forgotten what Yunho said.

" Yah, Changmin-ah. I didn't really mean it when I said you guys might be gay- "

Too late.

" Jae-hyung. Yunho-hyung's downstairs in the lobby, " said Changmin into the phone.

He smirked at Yunho before heading out for his date with...

With whom?