CHAPTER 24 - No One

Max's New Girlfriend

[A/N] Dear Readers, it’s been a while, eh? Well, I’m back and here’s a new chapter. You guys must’ve forgotten what this story’s about so here’s a summary:

 

The Dong Bang boys share an apartment.
A strange but beautiful woman, Go EunSu, starts visiting Changmin in his bedroom.
How? He has no idea.
The shy girl and the innocent boy find an immediate romantic connection.
In his quest to find out Go EunSu’s identity he stumbles over Go EunJoong, who apart from her physical appearance does not seem to share any other similarity with Go EunSu.

However, as it so happens – the clues aren’t in Changmin’s favour and he still hasn’t found out what exactly is going on!

Many thanks to everyone who's waited for this story despite its two year hiatus. Max's New Girlfriend should be complete in another twelve to fifteen chapters assuming I start writing longer chapters.

Do stay for the ride! And keep guessing what's going to happen next! ;)

 

 

CHAPTER 24

 

I walked to Go Eun Joong’s house, trudging ever so slowly in hope that by the time I’d reached there she would have gotten tired of waiting for me and would just head back into her home and refuse to see me. I couldn’t help it.

 

The more I thought of EunJoong, the more I thought about EunSu. The more intense my headache grew.

 

But before I knew it, I was just a few metres shy of a grinning, waving Go EunJoong.

 

I managed an awkward smile and waved back, hoping to High Heavens that there were no fans around to make a scandal of it and meanwhile cursing my long legs for getting me there so fast.

 

“Changmin-ssi! I almost thought you wouldn’t show…” she blushed charmingly.

 

I smiled at that. A genuine one. Make no mistake, I was head over heels for EunSu. EunSu made my whole body feel hot and cold, made shivers run down my spine and gave me butterflies in my tummy. But with EunJoong, there was a familiar warmth. Like that of an older sister. Perhaps it was because she was EunSu’s older sister…

 

No, I couldn’t quite bring the whole episode to a conclusion based on superficial intuition. For all I knew I could be the victim of some prank show…

 

But EunSu… Dear, sweet, beautiful EunSu…

 

“Changmin-ssi?” cooed EunJoong, her bubbly voice creeping into my train of thought.

 

“Ehhh?” I gasped instinctively pulling the collar of my coat up to hide my face. Not that it would’ve worked. But atleast I’d tried.

 

EunJoong laughed good naturedly and I found myself laughing too.

 

“You’re pretty jumpy,” she teased playfully.

 

“Instinct. Kinda develops cause of the sasaeng fans,” I replied nonchalantly.

 

“Ahhh. What’s the weirdest thing they’ve done to you?” she asked bouncing up and down beside me.

 

“Hmmm…” I began thinking hard. “That’s a tough one. Well, there was this one time a few girls in school uniforms followed me everywhere. I’d see them in the morning, night, evening, at concerts, at fanmeets, around the studio. They were always wearing the same uniform so I’d always recognise them. They never really got close to me but I was petrified of them..”

 

I laughed nervously. That really was one of the scarier events in my life.

 

I didn’t know how but I ended up enjoying myself with EunJoong. We were just aimlessly walking around town. Walking and talking. Talking and walking. Small talk. Chit chat. She did most of the talking but she was still pretty entertaining to listen to. To watch, even.

 

She wouldn’t stay still. She was like a really good baby sitter who’d act out every scene of a little kid’s bedtime story.

 

She was a comfortable presence.

 

So comfortable that I almost forgot what I’d wanted to ask her.  

 

I opened my mouth to ask her the question but before I could she grabbed my hand and with a huge smile squealed, “We’re here!”

 

I looked up to the signboard. We were at a… Zoo.

 

I looked at her incredulously. Was she serious?

 

“Don’t give me that ‘I’m – too – old – and – too – famous – to – be – going – to – a – zoo – look’ “ she snapped at me with an impish grin in place.

 

I stared at her stupidly, slack jawed and all.

 

She smirked.

 

I continued to shuffle about uncomfortably. People might recognise me here. It was a public place! What was she thinking?!

 

“Here,” she said all of a sudden as she handed me a muffler. “You can hide your face, DongJun-ah!”

 

“DongJun?” I asked her stupidly.

 

“Yep! Today, you will be Choi DongJun – a normal civilian who likes wild animals and visiting zoos!” she squealed excitedly pumping her fist into the air as though she were cheering for a football match.

 

“I don’t think this is a good idea…” I mumbled as I fixed the muffler around my neck and across the lower half of my face.

 

“Unless…” she smirked. “Choi DongJun is a wuss!”

 

“I am not a wuss!” I yelled loudly.

 

A lot of people turned towards the source of the commotion – me.

 

I mentally face palmed at my single handed attention scourging.

 

“I am not a wuss,” I hissed between gritted teeth.

 

“We’ll just have to find out won’t we Kim DongJun?” she sneered, playfully though.

 

I smirked.

 

“I thought I was Choi DongJun?” I .

 

She blushed red and looked like she was about to make a retort. She opened and closed it again several times before quickly replacing her almost-pout with a maniacal grin. I could practically see the cogs turning in her head.

 

“Last person at the hippo cage is a wuss!” she yelled before taking off.

 

I was about to protest but she was already out of ear shot.

 

I smirked for what had to be the tenth time in a span of less than seven minutes.

 

No one calls Shim Changmin a wuss.

 

No one defeats Shim Changmin. Especially not a girl.

 

No one dares to compete with Shim Changmin. Especially not at running, for fear of sparking his competitive streak.

 

NO ONE outruns model figured, long legged Shim Changmin.