Chapter 15 - "Min-min..."

Max's New Girlfriend

Her lips were so soft... and gentle.

Changmin was in a daze, his head somewhere up in the clouds. Was this really happening?

His first kiss.

Had it happened?

He tried to open his eyes but his eye lids just wouldn't open. He tried again but the soft touch on his lips weakened him and at most he manged a weak flutter of his eye lids.

Wait a second!

WHO was SHE???

With that thought Changmin's eyes flew wide open and he pulled back leaving the girl who'd kissed him to look up at him with a surprised face.

Why had he given in? He internally cursed himself as he stared at his knuckes turning white.

He breathed deeply and looked up.

She was beautiful. Prettier than the last time he'd seen her. Yes, 'seen' her. She was here now so their previous encounters were no dreams. He had wanted to sternly asked who she was, why she was here and to request her (actually scream at her) to leave the premises and never return.

But all his willpower faded into nothingness when he looked into her dark orbs. It was like he was staring into the heavens, where each tiny speckle in her dark eyes were infact stars!

His eyes begin to work on their own, as if zooming into her face he noticed a light red playing at her cheeks. Her lips were pink as pink could get, they were slightly parted as she took in much needed air. Her dark hair curtained her face cutely. Her 'too little' satin dress caught the young boy's attention. One strap had fallen off her shoulder and the dress ended before it began, just mid thigh.

It wasn't soon before Changmin felt like the room was a bit hot and stuffy. He scratched his neck awkwardly before asking in the softest voice in his voice range, " Ummm... who are you? "

Not even a millisecond had passed before his question made him feel like the lamest person on the face of the planet. He had asked her who she was! He didn't even know her name and they'd kissed! Oh, the shame if a Cassiopeia found out that the maknae of Dong Bang Shin Ki had lost his first kiss to someone whose NAME he didn't even know!

She just sat there, with a puzzled expression which soon turned into one of pure concentration. Her eyebrows furrowed a little and she pouted her lips making Changmin falter again.

" Don't you know your own name? " snapped Changmin trying to sound unaffected, however coming on a little meaner than intended.

The girl was startled but nevertheless clasped her hands and nodded.

'Great', thought Changmin. 'She doesn't even know her own name!'

She was probably a psycho who'd fallen in love with his picture when she saw it on a poster somewhere. Fans could do anything!

He tried again.

" Are you Cassiopeia? "

She just looked confused. And then it clicked, if she WAS a psycho she wouldn't have known their fanclub's name! Even her own name was too complicated for her to remember. So he decided to lower down the IQ required to answwer his questions (like it was even possible!).

" Do you like me? " asked Changmin in a slow steady voice.

The pretty girl on his bedroom floor just blushed and nodded without meeting his eyes.

" Do you know who I am? " he asked in the same slow steady voice.

She pondered for a moment, looked confused and finally gave up and shook her head. Okay, she didn't even know who HE was! She was NOT a fan. Figuring her out would be hard.

" Maybe I should just call security... " wondered Changmin outloud but he suddenly felt a soft hand on his arm. Looking up at the girl sitting beside him he saw the fear in her eyes. So she did know something!

" You don't like security? " he asked like he would to a baby.

She shook her head, pouting cutely.

Changmin couldn't help but chuckle. She looked like she was seventeen. Yet she had the heart and mind of a child, one who understood but couldn't speak. Wait, she hadn't said a word till now. Was she dumb?

" Can you speak? " asked Changmin cautiously.

The girl nodded her head vigorously in response. Of course she could! But for some reason she couldn't or perhaps wouldn't speak, not now anyway.

Lost in thought for a moment, he looked back at the girl but she was no longer there! He looked around almost dissapointed that she had dissapeared when he noticed a lump in his bed. He cocked an eyebrow.

" Hey? Hey... " trailed off Changmin. Saying 'Hey you' might sound insulting. " Hey pretty? "

The sheets ruffled and two eyes popped out from under the covers. The girl had wrapped herself up in his warm blankets. Changmin internally slapped himself for not thinking that she'd be cold. She was barely wearing anything!

" Are you cold? " asked Changmin, now concerned. Before she reacted he leapt to his feet to dig out a sweater from his messy cupboard. After finally finding a sweater that was warm and had no holes in them amongst his board games and video games he shyly gave the thick red sweater to the girl.

" Wear it, " he said unable to meet her eyes.

The girl smiled happily as she took it. She touched it like it was the most precious thing in the world. She even hugged it when she wore it which just made the boy smile.

She smiled at him in gratitude.

But she truly behaved like a child. Her attention span for anything but her lovely prince didn't last long. It wasn't long before the smattering off colour on the floor caught her eye and she had got off the bed and was lying beside the scattered contents of the board game.

She the cold plastic pieces gingerly before looking questioningly at Changmin.

" It's a board game called Snakes & Ladders, " said Changmin befor eproceeding to explain the workings of the game. The tactics one could use to win. Cheat steps and the like. He was oblivious to the fact that the girl was no longer listening.

She had walked over to his desk and was fiddling with a book. She squinted and struggled to read the name on the cover. It had to be her Prince's name. But it was in a different language. Finally she gave up and carried the heavy leather bound book over to Changmin.

She the book infront of him and pointed at the silver printing.

" Oh, that's my name, " said Changmin simply. He continued explaining the 'Theory of Snakes & Ladders'.

But once again the girl shoved the book infront of him. This time pouting.

" Chang-min, " he said slowly. " The writing is Chinese. "

She seemed to be looking at the words very hard.

" Chang-min, " he repeated slowly.

She continued to stare at the words.

It didn't seem like she was interested in the board game so Changmin with a sigh began to place the game pieces back into its box and into their respective spots.

" Min-min.. " came a sweet voice, almost like tinkling bells in the soft winter breeze.