Chapter 13 - Unwitnessed Happenings

Max's New Girlfriend

It was about lunch time when the maknae of TVXQ got home. As he kicked of his shoes hastily he was practically tackled to the floor by the 'umma' of the group - Kim Jaejoong.

 " Yah! Shim Changmin, where were you? " yelled Jaejoong, his voice cracking with the effort he was putting in to prevent himself from bawling. " We *sniff* searched for you the whole *sniff* morning~ "

Changmin was a little taken aback over all the attention he was receiving all of a sudden. Why was Jaejjong hyung so worried? He'd left a note for them.

His train of thought was interrupted when the older boy hugged him so tight that it became hard to breathe.

" Hyung! " choked out Changmin. " Hy- hyung... "

Changmin desperately flailed his arms until Yunho happened to walk in. Taking his chance he waved at the leader to convey his message without the use of his now broken vocal cords. Yunho seemed to have gotten the message as he was kneeling beside them in a second, easing Jaejoong's arms off the freaked out maknae, softly cooing, " There, there.. "

Jaejoong was sobbing so hard that his body heaved each time.

" Maybe he didn't see the note, " thought Changmin, taking one last glance of his sobbing hyung before proceeding to his room.

CHANGMIN'S ROOM

" Yoochun hyung! " exclaimed Changmin, surprised to see Yoochun in his room.

" Changmin-ah, where've you been? Jae's been going crazy searching for you, " said Yoochun in his signature charismatic, calm and composed voice. No matter what he was talking about he seemed to have that cool, suave tone to his voice.

" I left a note~ " whined Changmin. His hyungs were all making him feel guilty.

" I GOT IT! " came a squeaky voice followed by a blonde head popping out from under the bed right next to where Changmin had been standing, sending the tall youngster sprawling backwards. Luckily Yoochun was behind him so he didn't fall down. Whew! Although he did drop his bags, but again, thankfully the contents didn't spill out or he'd have a LOT of explaining to do. For example, why he was trying to 'catch' something he's not even sure is a dream or not.

" Junsu-ah! " whined Changmin straightening his shirt once he regained his balance.

Ignoring Changmin, Junsu continued.

" It's a paper! " said Junsu before reading out, " 'Dear hyungs, am going out for a while. Will be back by lunch. Will be hungry by then. Please make lots of food! ^^ - Min' "

" So you did leave a note, " commented Yoochun in his ever calm voice. " I heard the commotion. "

" Yeah... Why are you guys in my room? " asked Changmin shifting from one foot to the other, anxious to get started.

" Junsu-ah wanted to search for clues, " explained Yoochun.

" I wanted to search for clues, " repeated Junsu brightly.

" Jae-hyung was beggining to think you were abducted, " continued Yoochun.

" Jae-hyung thought you were kidnapped, " added Junsu brightly.

Yoochun just laughed and ruffled Junsu's blonde hair before following the blonde out the door saying, " We're gonna go have lunch now. "

At the word 'lunch' Changmin forgot his anxiety. Instead kicking his bags under the bed carelessly before running out behind his hyungs screaming, " Wait for me~ "

He was already in the kitchen when under his bed the contents of his bags lay scattered. He was not there to witness the signs of magic that proved that what he had bought were not just joke store goods.

The dream catcher that would catch bad dreams, glowed for a second in shades of pink bordering on a yellow hue.

The crystal ball that would warn him of unwanted prescences flickered.

The amulets and stones that were supposed to protect him from evil, nightmares and harm glew red.

The charm he was to wear on his left wrist that Jang Hye Soon had adjusted such that it would control the other charms he had brought on impact with the ground found its settings altered...