Chapter 12 - Jang Hye-Soon's Diagnosis

Max's New Girlfriend

Max waited for the pain to come but it never did. Out of curiosity he opened a single eye lid and practically shoved his head away from the bright eyes peering into his own.

" Yah! " he exclaimed as it finally dawned on him that the whole thing had been a joke.

" Mian! " said the girl giggling a little, tucking a strand of her green hair behind her ear. Seeing her acting like this CHangmin noticed that she was younger than himself, probably by a few years. Perhaps seventeen? She was almost pretty when she wasn't putting on a show for her customers, practically normal... ignoring her outfit and the heavy layers of make-up that caked her face.

* mian - korean for 'sorry'

" Agassi? "

* agassi - korean for 'miss'

" Oh yeah, what can I do for you? " said Hye-Soon returning to her previous mystical yet someone scary demeanour.

Changmin narrated the events of the previous nights. About the girl he clearly couldn't remember ever having met but yet seemed, oh, so familiar.

" Aaaah... " trailed off Hye-Soon clacking her long red fingernails. " You have an admirer. Are you positive that you have NEVER met this girl? 100% sure? "

" 500% sure actually, " replied Changmin confidently.

" Are you sure there haven't been any break-ins in your residence? "

" Positive! "

" Well, then... the girl you speak of is not 'real' as the human world considers it... " whispered Hye-Soon tentatively.

" Are you saying I'm crazy? " snapped CHangmin.

" I'm saying she's not 100% real! " snapped Hye-Soon.

" Huh? "

" Spirits? The undead? Mystical creatures of the night? You speak of her beauty so she might be a fairy or a pixie. Hoever no harm has come to you so I don't believe she is a pixie as they are known for their mischief. However you also mentoned you only see her at night so she might be a spirit or perhaps an undead... " explained Hye-Soon slowly in an eerie tone.

" Hye-Soon ssi, this sounds a little farfetched.. " began Changmin when -

" FARFETCHED??? Can YOU explain her then? Who is she? What is she? Where does she live? Where does she come from? Why is it only you who sees her? Why don't you notice her come in or leave? Why is it that you only catch glimpses of her at night? Farfetched? If you think that way you shouldn't have come here, " snapped Hye-Soon crossly as she pouted and fell back into her seat with her arms folded across her chest like a kid who had her candy snatched.

Changmin chuckled at her childishness.

" What?! " she snapped again.

" Cute, " he chuckled.

" What? " asked Hye-Soon curiously.

" Oh nothing, " said Changmin quickly changing the subject. " So what does she want? "

" Well, she seems infatuated with you... " explained Hye-Soon whith a shrug of her shoulders.

" Infatuated?? " exclaimed Changmin. Great. now he had a stalker who wasn't even human!

" So... how do I get rid of her? "

" Why would you want to do that? "

" I do NOT need a vampire or a spirit or whatever she... no, IT is lurking around me when I'm asleep! " yelled Changmin.

" Has she hurt you? " interupted the girl.

" Huh? "

Changmin seemed to find himself clueless more than once in the few hours he'd been there. And he was supposed to be the smartest and most  mature amongst the boys of TVXQ!

" Well, no.. " cocncluded Changmin finally after much thought.

"Changmin jumped in his seat once again as Hye-Soon abrubtly got up and walked towards him. Much to Changmin's surprise she ed his collar and traced his neck with her long nails pushing the collar as far back as possible making the maknae squirm in discomfort. He realeased a sigh of relief when she just as abrubtly returned to her seat.

" No sign off any bite marks, " she commented offhandedly. " But we can't cross out vampire just yet. It's the only thing that completely explains her tendency to come out only in the night. Ghosts leave no traces but are not restricted to the night. "

" How do I get rid of her? " asked Changmin gulping down the knot in his throat.

2 HOURS LATER

Changmin was once again bundled up in his disguise walking back home with the bags jingling and rattling as its contents clinked clanked rolled and collided with each other as he swung them as he took each long, hurried step. His mind was elsewhere.

He wasn't going to be scared.

He was going to scare her (whatever 'she' was) with the stuff he had bought from Jang Hye-Soon so that she wouldn't show up again.

Ever.