t w e n t y n i n e

My Best Friend, My Fake Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

< Y o u r  P O V >

“Looks like you’re getting along with them really well.” Chanyeol commented as we were walking around the area.

I shrugged. “Well I guess so but except for Myeongji.”

“Why Meyongji?”

“She so silent I think she’s planning my murder.” I said it so seriously that Chanyeol laughed.

“She’s not that kind of person.”

“How can we be sure? Remember Boksoon? It turns ugly when someone else is close to the people they like.”

“Aaah.” Chanyeol nodded.

“Do you like her?” I asked him directly just to get the uneasiness I’ve been feeling ever since their interaction during lunch happened, out of my system.

“Mhhhm.” He pondered for a second. “She’s cute and nice… but no. I don’t like her. I already like someone you know that right?” He said glancing at me. “I’m just being nice.”

I sighed. Seriously this derp doesn’t know a thing about being a nice. “I think she’s misinterpreting everything.”

“I don’t know about that.”

“Tone down the niceness.” Do I even have to teach him that girls assume easily? And that his niceness needs to have a limit? And that there is a borderline between friendly-nice and boyfriend material-nice? He squinted his eyes at me and then smiled teasingly. “You know you can just admit that you’re jealous I would stop this all.”

I let out a breath and then stopped walking. “I’m jealous. I hate it that you’re being nice to her and that maybe she’s misinterpreting everything and that she’s starting to think that you like her and I don’t want her to think that.”

“See it wasn’t that hard. I’ll talk to her and clear things up.” He pinched my cheek and walked back towards our cabin. Wait, does he mean now? He wants to clear things up now? Oh no. I mentally facepalmed myself. I didn’t know what to do so I just followed him.

< C h a n y e o l ‘ s  P O V >

I made my way to cabin number 15 where Myeongji is. Sumin was following closely behind. I knocked on the door and it is immediately opened by none other than Myeongji.

“Hi I wanted to talk to you.” I said to her.

“Sure.” She smiled at me and stepped out of their cabin. Sumin was a distance away from the cabin looking at us. I gave her a reassuring smile and gestured for her to wait. She nodded and made her way inside their cabin. Me and Myeongji walked long enough to reach a little dock near the lake. We decided it’s best to talk there so we made our way to the end of the dock and sat.

I cleared my throat before talking. “Hey uhh… Sumin was just concerned whether you’re misinterpreting my niceness.”

“Aaah…” She nodded her head.

“I’m just being nice, hopefully you didn’t put any meaning behind that.”

“At first I’m kind of hoping there was some meaning behind it honestly. Ever since that lunch incident…” She let out a small chuckle. “And then the cap, and then at the bus… I guess I shouldn’t have expected.”

“I’m sorry if ever I got your hopes up. You came and I saw Sumin jealous and it was like an addiction for me to see her jealous. Sorry.”

She smiled and nudged me playfully. “Yah. It’s alright. It’s nothing serious it’s just a crush. It’s not like I love you or anything. I just admire you that’s all. Besides you radiate with happiness when you’re around her I don’t wanna ruin that over something that’s just a crush.”

I nodded my head in understanding. “So no hard feelings right?”

“No hard feelings.” She stood up and dusted off her pants. “She likes you too Yeol. I can see it. Just hang in there if she turns you down then…. I’m here.” She let out a smile and then walked off to the path were we came from. I let her go on first as I took in the scenery around me. After some time of staring off into the lake I heard footsteps from behind me. I turned my head and saw Sumin approaching me slowly.

“What happened?” She asked as she took a seat beside me.

“She’s expecting at first but she understood eventually.”

She nodded her head smiling. “Did you tell her not to murder me in my sleep?” She asked, her face was so serious that I laughed.

“I told you, she’s not that kind of person.” I flicked her forehead lightly and she immediately rubbed the spot I flicked. “She took it lightly saying that it was just a crush it’s not anything bigger than that.”

“Oooh. So that’s why she’s teary eyed when I saw her going back.”

“She is?” I asked. Sumin shrugged.

“I guess she really does like you.”

“Oh… But I felt like she accepted it her well just awhile ago.”

“We’ll never know.” Sumin said sighing. “I guess we better go back they’re going to hold a program of some sort.”

“Okay let’s go.” We both stood up and made our way to the main camp ground.

< Y o u r  P O V >

“Good evening boys and girls.” Our P.E. teacher greeted. “We are all gathered here today for the annual juniors and seniors camp.” The students applauded and shouted. We, meaning me, Ahreum, Boksoon, Minah, and Myeongji, were seated near Suho, Kris , Xiumin, Lay and Luhan and all my other guy friends. Our P.E. teacher’s talk droned on but we weren’t listening and we’re busy talking among ourselves. When… “WE WILL HAVE A GAME TODAY TO BREAK OFF THE ICE.” The teacher who waked me and Chanyeol up at the bus earlier said gaining the attention of almost all the students on the campgrounds. "This game is called the card-kissing game. I think you all know how this works. We'll have five teams c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter