t w e n t y s e v e n

My Best Friend, My Fake Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

< L u h a n ' s  P O V >

I stood up immediately when Chanyeol started to drag Sumin away but Suho stopped me. "Let them." He said calmly and then smiled at the end.

I sighed. "I can't just let them."

"Just let them be. Don't you see? She started to like him too." Suho said once again. Did she really? I sat on my seat, shoulders slouched. Will I just really let them be? I looked at the faces of all the guys but it seems like they're avoiding my gaze.

"Do you guys want them to be together?" I asked loudly but no one answered. I nodded my head in understanding, silence means yes to me. So... they do like them to be together. "Are you guys against me?" I asked once again but like awhile ago no one answered. Feels like I'm talking to air here.

"Hyung, do you even really like her?" Sehun asked with his eyebrow raised. Do I even really like her? Yes I was jealous of the attention she's giving Chanyeol but do I even really... do I-- Yeah I do. I like my best friend.

"If you do. Don't you think you developed your feelings too late?" Kris asked.

"Well you know what others say, you don't know what you have until you lost it." D.O. butted in shrugging. I know he was right. I really did take Sumin for granted.

On the way home Sumin and Chanyeol are walking beside each other together. I was behind them as well as the others busy looking over and watching them. I can't help but to get jealous. I glared at them but they were to busy talking to notice. Just then Sehun put an arm around my shoulder. "That's alright hyung, you can make your move some other time." He chuckled shaking his head. I'm in no mood to laugh to be honest. I want to get in the middle of them and just them. You know what, I shall go do that. I run away from Sehun and made my way in between Sumin and Chanyeol interrupting them from their talk. I can hear the commotion of the guys behind me. Sumin and Chanyeol stopped talking and looked at me in confusion.

"Uh.." I cleared my throat. "Let's walk together shall we." I smiled widely at both of them and put my arm around Sumin's shoulder, I would have put an arm Chanyeol's shoulder too but he is way too tall or maybe I just don't want to... figure out which one. He was about to say something but in the end he just closed his mouth. Mhhmmm... I win. Hahaha. The three of us started walking and the guys behind stopped protesting as well. I saw Chanyeol mess his hair in annoyance. Suddenly I felt Sumin slip out of my arm and move towards Chanyeol’s side. A smile was plastered on Chanyeol’s face.

“What? Why did you move?” I asked her but she just stuck her tongue out at me. Chanyeol must have seen it cause he laughed. Damn I am really losing her.

We made our way to home her first and dropped her off. We waved our goodbyes and then started walking again.

“Looks like Chanyeol is winning.” Baekhyun commented from behind. The other guys laughed and snickered. I rolled my eyes at them in annoyance. It’s just one time she chose him over me, okay?! One time! Wait… Is it really just one time…

The rest of the week passed by like a blur and it’s now the day before the trip. Of course Sumin and Chanyeol are trying to get close to each other but I’m still the biggest er of all so I didn’t let them. We are seated in our usual table at the cafeteria when I noticed a girl silently walking and creeping up to our table. She tapped gently on Chanyeol’s shoulder which made him stop eating and look at her.

“Oh… hi.” he said smiling at her warmly.

“H-hello.” She bowed abruptly almost bumping heads with him. By this time all of our attention are focused on the girl and on Chanyeol. “T-this… this is for you.” She handed him a paper bag smiling shyly.

“Is this a gift?” he asked. God Yeol, what else could it be? I rolled my eyes and snickered. I see Sumin looking over the paper bag in curiosity but Chanyeol hid it out of her sight. She nudged him hard and mumbled “Yah, let me see.” He just shook his head and shushed her. Sumin made a face. Cute.

The girl whose name is Myeongji, according to her name plate, nodded her head. “Thank you.” Chanyeol said and then the girl hesitantly made her way towards her friends.

“Isn’t she the new girl in our class this semester?” Chen asked.

“Yeah, the transferee.” Baek said.

“Didn’t notice her.” Chanyeol said shrugging. That’s cause you have your eyes on Sumin you .

“Now let’s see what she gave you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter