e i g h t e e n

My Best Friend, My Fake Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

< Y o u r  P O V >

People are looking at me as if I'm not normal. Well I wouldn't blame them. I think right now I'm really not normal. I'm crying my eyes out while running and my hair is probably a mess. I don't know where my feet are taking me but I don't care. I ran and ran until I tripped and fell on the hard ground. I feel like I wanted it to open up and then eat me whole. The pain and the embarrassment I'm feeling right now couldn't amount to anything. I scraped my knee and my palm but even the blood coming out of the fresh wounds doesn't bother me. I couldn't get up. I feel like if I get up I'll just fall again. Here I am breaking down infront alot of strangers when I didn't even want to break down infront of my friends. After awhile I felt a hand on my shoulder and on my arm trying to pull me up. I took a moment to look at who it was only to see Chanyeol's face smiling sympathetically down at me. I let myself be lifted up and I lost it again. I wrapped my arms tightly around him and buried my face to his chest. He has been seeing a lot of emotions come out of me lately so I think it's okay to let it out again. He hugged me back tight and placed his head on top of mine. I can feel his warmth and his care more than ever.

"I thought you went home." I mumbled as I'm fully aware that my tears made a wet spot on the chest part of his uniform.

"I didn't. I was worried about you. I felt like Boksoon has something up her sleeve and it turns out I was right." I relased my embrace then looked up at him. He peered down my face as well. "One thing I know about hugs. Don't let go until the person who hugged you first did cause you never know how much that person needs it." He smiled at me. He was right. I really needed one and I'm glad that he's there. Most of the time I need someone he's there. Most of the time I feel pain he's there willing to share it with me. "Do you want to go home?" He asked me, his voice gentle even though it's deep, as if he's afraid his words could hurt me. I nodded my head in response and walked towards the waiting shed where a bus was already waiting. We got on and sat beside each other. I sighed and looked at him.

"Chanyeol.... am I being a burden to you?"

He looked at me with with wide eyes and furrowed eyebrows. "No, Sumin. Why did you ask that?"

"I feel like I'm a burden to everyone around me.... especially you. You have been looking after me alot."

"I am glad for being able to be by your side always. During your happy times, and even your emotional times like this. I'm glad."

"Really..?"

"Really." He nodded and smiled at me gently. I nodded my head slightly and then shifted to a comfortable position in my seat. I put my arm on the back of the seat infront of me and laid my head on there. My face towards Chanyeol. I am staring at him and he was looking back at me before he hesitantly put his hand on my head running his fingers through my hair. It was so relaxing I think I could fall asleep but my thoughts are preventing me to do that. The bus moved and I can see the scenery pass by on the window opposite of us.

Thank you... Chanyeol.

< L u h a n ' s  P O V >

I am left sitting alone inside the coffee shop. The girl at the counter and the few people left inside were looking at me. I tried not to make any eye contact as much as possible. Boksoon told me about Sumin liking me more than a best friend as she heard from Jin. I didn't believe it at first. I didn't think it would be true but it turns out, it is. I have been hurting my bestfriend for I don't know how long. I'm so oblivious to the fact that she likes me. Now I have hurt her again. I'm not mad at her because she likes me I'm mad because if I have known since then I wouldn't have been so insensitive to her feelings. I knew it, the signs were there but I chose to ignore them thinking that that's just how she reacts. I shook my head and then got up from my seat. I walked out of the door and went to find Sumin. I'm pretty sure she hasn't gotten that far. I don't know what would happen once I find her. I don't know what are we going to talk about but it's already night time and I need to get her home.

My phone rang, I took it out of my pocket and saw that Boksoon was the one calling. I pushed the answer button and placed the phone near my ear.

"Hey babe how did it go?" She asked.

"Not too good." I answered truthfully. Bitterness coating the tone of my voice and I actually feel like I'm not in the mood to talk to her.

"I'm right. Right?"

I sighed. "Yeah you are, but why did you tell me this now?"

"I don't know... I feel like you should know the truth. I mean you are her bestfriend after all."

"Yeah, but it just kinda ruined everything you know. She thinks I'm mad at her because she likes me."

"Are you not?" There was a slight edge in her voice I did not like. 

"Hell no! Why would I be? What's so maddening about that?"

"Does that mean you like her back?"

"No it's not that. Don't assume stuff okay? Just-- I feel guilty and mad at myself for hurting her like that. It must have been so hard on her."

"Babe, I feel bad for her too. That's why I think you should draw the line between friendship and liking cause I think the poor little girl is confused."

"I think I made that very clear for her. I don't think she needs anymore reminding." I sighed. I was jerk all this time to her. I did things so suddenly. I made her suddenly agree to be my pretend girlfriend, then I broke everything off and went back to continue my relationship with Boksoon without even asking what she thinks first.

"Don't worry babe. You did the right thing."

"Right thing? Boksoon, I hurt her. Is that even right? I'm her bestfriend and I did that."

"Well, it's a one-sided relationship for her after all she must have known she's bound to be hurt."

"Yeah, whatever. I don't think I have the energy to reason with you so I'm hanging up." I pressed end on my phone and quickly hid it inside my pocket. This makes me question Boksoon's motive for telling me about Sumin's little secret. I felt like she just ruined a long built friendship.

I walked to the bus stop thinking that maybe Sumin went home already. I stopped a few feet away when I saw a bus parked there. I stretched my neck a bit to get a better view of the people inside. I spotted a girl whose back view was too familiar beside her was a boy who is familiar as well. I walked towards the bus just enough to get a better view of their faces and enough to conceal me from their sight. I was right it was Sumin and sitting beside her was Chanyeol. Sumin's elbow was propped up on the seat infront of her and her head is resting on them. Her head was sidewards towards Chanyeol and he was looking back at her while running his hand through his hair. There was something about the look he's giving her but I can't put it into words.. it's not just sympathetic. It was something more than that. I decided not to get into the bus, I just stared at them at a distance until the bus left. Sumin's words earlier were now ringing in my ears; But lately you haven't really been there for me and Chanyeol is always there. I felt uneasy and somehow it feels like my heart has been pricked too.

Once I got myself home I quickly got dressed into more comfortable clothes and made my way out again to go to Chanyeol's house. I needed to talk to the guy. I pressed the doorbell on their gate three times until a maid opened it. She led me to the doorstep and right inside the house to their living room.

"Sir, let me just get Chanyeol." I nodded my head smiling at her and then she bowed at me before walking towards the staircase to the second floor where Chanyeol's room is. After a minute or so he came down in his pajamas. He sat on the chair beside the one I'm sitting on and then looked at me.

"Hyung, what made you go here?" He asked looking at me w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter