I'm not ready.

Behind The Mask

Hyunseung's POV

I flutter my eyes open and slowly turn my head towards the window just beside my bed. "Oh, it's already night time?" I mumbled to myself. I got off of my bed and walk towards the rectangular mirror and damn, I look horrible. My eyes automatically turn to my phone which is placed on my study table. I gaze on it quite awhile before I go forward to the table and pick it up. I wanted to know if Junhyung's love for me is true by checking if he's worried or not but I'm scared that my trust for him lied to my.

 

You know, when love becomes addictive and you trust the person too much which causes pain to yourself. Yeah, something like that. I don't want to end up being like that person. But...checking it won't hurt right? ...Right.

 

I press on the switch button and turn the phone on and the next thing I know, it's empty. Nothing at all. I knew it. I threw my phone on the bed and let my body fall on the bed. I let out a bored sigh and stare at the ceiling. I was about to drown myself into thoughts when suddenly my phone keeps saying 'You got a message' or 'You got a voice mail' non-stop.

 

I urge my body up and quickly take a look at the phone feeling relief that all of them are from the same caller. It must be Junhyung, I thought. After a few minutes, the sound finally died out and I raise my phone up to my chest height and open the messages one by one.

 

Click! I open up the message and it reads:

You left quite early just now and you didn't inform me. What's wrong? Reply me as soon as possible because I might die from waiting and worrying...

 

Click! The second message reads:

You didn't reply me D; What's wrong Seungie? Please tell me~ Cheer up okay~~ *hugs*

 

My heartbeat fasten a little at the last word. I miss his hugs. Yes, even when we're apart for half a day. I shook the thought off and open up the last message. It reads:

OH MY GOD MY COKES ARE GONE! Seungie there's theif in my house!! ㅠㅠ Please help me find the thief with me~

 

I couldn't help but chuckle to myself while reading the last message. For a beginner like him, he sure can type so well. A grin appeared on my lips as I type in my reply to his messages. Once finished, I put my thumb on the send button but I just couldn't bring myself to press it. My smile faded.

 

"Aish" I canceled the text message and switch my phone off in case there's still more to come. What's the use? I'm still not forgiving him just yet. He cheated my feelings. Why should I just go and forgive him whenever I want. I need to give him a punishment for lying about his feelings.

 

"You do know you should have sent the message"

 

"HOLY FU-" I shouted in shock once I heard someone's voice speak up. I turn to my side and saw it was Yoseob who just said that. I let out a sigh as I caress my chest. "Next time, don't come in so quietly or else I might get heartattack if you keep doing this" I joked. Yoseob chuckled and took a seat beside me on my bed.

 

A grin is still plastered on Yoseob face. "Junnie~ You do know that it won't work. Kekeke, you're really worried for me don't you? Sorry about earlier. I miss you. Hearts" Yoseob said, or more likely to read out the message that I was about to send just now. "Y-Yah!" My cheeks turned red immediately. I smacked Yoseob's arm and threw my pillow at him while he laugh his off at me.

 

His laughter soon died out and turned into chuckles as he joke on me while pointing at me. "Stop it" I pouted. "Fine fine.." He chuckled out. Soon, silence took over the atmosphere and we didn't talk for a little while. "You know.." Yoseob said breaking the silence. "I didn't know what happened between you and Junhyung, but what I do know is that Junhyung didn't want to hurt you" Yoseob said.

 

"He loves you and he truly is. He loves you a whole lot more than loving himself. He treausures you like how the children treasure their toys and not sharing them. Of course, Junhyung doesn't want to share you with someone else. Cause he only wants you to be his" Yoseob added as he turn his focus on me. "Yeah...right" I said as I pull my legs up and hug them against my chest.

 

"Come on. State one time when Junhyung made you mad or lied to you" Yoseob said. I open my mouth and close it again while thinking about an answer to his question. I bit my lips knowing I'm defeated by Yoseob. "See..sometimes you have to look back into time and think about it once again" Yoseob convinced.

 

"What if he's just pretending? You wouldn't know what he's planning to do with those kind of images" I said. Yoseob opened his mouth again, wanting to convince me more but I shush him pretending to not know he's gonna start talking. "Yoseob, I need to sleep now. I'm tired" I said and yawned. Yoseob gave me a smile and nodded as he softly push me down on the bed.

 

When Yoseob was about to go, I stopped him by calling him. "Wait..Can you..do me a favor?" I asked. Yoseob hesitated for awhile and nodded in approval. "Sure. What would you like me to do?" He asked. "Can you...sing me...a lullaby? I don't think I can sleep" I said. Yoseob gave me a sweet smile and nodded.

 

He helped me with my cover and patted my arm while singing. I really wish Yoseob is my real mom. He's such a caring person. It's like as if I'm his real son or something. I close my eyes and takes in every moment when Yoseob is singing.

 

"Nan niga jeil joha
 Niga jeil yeppeo
 Jinaganeun gotgot maeryeogi da heulleo
 Niga jeil joha neo hanamyeon dwae
 Gaseume saegyeodwo
 Niga sesangeseo jeil sojunghae
"

 

Yoseob sang with his angelic voice. With his voice, people can easily fall asleep peacefully, even me. Thanks to him I'm able to sleep peacefully without thinking about him..

 

-----

 

Yup, it's morning time and I'm already at the school compound. I tilted my head up and stared at the school thinking what would happen if we meet. I want to see him but I'm scared that I might get hurt again if our eyes met. I'm just...

 

I'm just not ready to face him yet....

 

---------------------

Wheeeee~! Updated :3 I wanted to update yesterday but I accidentally refreshed the page and I got mad again =3= LOLOL.

Anyways, hope this chapter is not boring to you and have you all ever notice that in every chapter's of my Author's Note, there will be the word, 'Anyways'? Leave that drop a comment thing aside. xD

Anyways, do drop a comment!<3