Truth hurts.

Behind The Mask

RIIIIIING!

 

I walk mindlessly along the route to Hyunseung's class thinking about what I'm going to do. I returned back to myself once I know I'm just a few metres away from Hyunseung's class. I took a breath in and out trying to calm myself.

 

I thought I can be as calm as now when I met Hyunseung but my heart proved me wrong. It's beating really fast when I see that angel walk out of his class. He smiled and walks towards me slowly. My grip on the box tighten. I sighed, trying to get the tension in me out of my body.

 

"Hey babe" I greeted and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Guess what? I have a present for you" We both said in unison. We burst out into chuckles. I tilted my head a little gesturing him to go first. He smiled and made a little space between us so that he could show me what he got.

 

"Tadaa!" He said as he raised a rectangular box between us. "I bought a phone for you! My number is inside" He giggled. I accepted the box and had to force a smile which covers up the sadness I have been feeling inside me. He gave me such a nice present but what do I have to give him? Death, it is. I wanted to cry my heart out right now but I can't. He's going to ask me what happen and I can't lie to him. Wait, I am.

 

He seems to notice my faint smile and pouted. "What's wrong?" He asked as he caresses my cheeks. Before his hand could leave my cheeks, I quickly put a hand on top of it and closed my eyes, trying to feel his warmth one last time before you-know-what happens.

 

I sighed and slowly open my eyes. Worries could be seen through the doe eyes of Hyunseung's while fears are hiding inside me which can't be seen through. I know that because I know. "It's nothing" I breathed out. I held his hand and let our hands fall. "You sure?" Hyunseung asked. I stretched my lips and gave him a smile which is suppose to reassure Hyunseung and nodded. Hyunseung smiled back at me and said, "That's good"

 

I put my hand on the back of his head and pulled his head closer to me until it touches my chest while Hyunseung wraps his arms around my waist. "So what's you surprise?" Hyunseung asked. My heart felt like it's being stabbed by a spear when Hyunseung speaks about my "surprise".

 

Without him noticing, I quickly stuff my hand in my pocket so that he won't see the box. "You'll know when you got to my house" I said. He pouted and whined. "Why later? I thought you were going to give me now" He whined and poked my chest. Every glance, every touch and every smile he gave always wants me to kill myself for keeping such lie behind his back. I wanted to tell him so much but once he knew what I'm planning, everything wouldn't be the same.

 

Another poke from Hyunseung broke my train of thoughts and brought me back to reality. "Because....I left it.." I lied an gave him an awkward chuckle. He pouted more and smacked my chest. "You shouldn't have said that you have a surprise for me now. You're making me impatient you know" Hyunseung pouted again and chuckled at the end.

 

"Anyways, I have something to do. I'll see you later" Hyunseung said. He gave me a short kiss on the lips and bid me a goodbye before tagging along to his group of friends. I stared at his back as he walks further and further away from me. My smile faded away and turned into a frown. My mind just won't shut up about that damn plan. I really need to keep Hyunseung away from her..

 

-----

 

Hyunseung was nowhere to be seen after everyone has left so I decided to walk home alone. I took a quick shower and got dressed in a loose shirt that reveals my tattoo on my collarbone with long sleeves along with a simple plain jeans. I got down and headed to the kitchen grabbing a can of coke and settle myself down on the sofa in the living room.

 

I turn the tv on and a movie scene was displayed. The boy whispered he's sorry and cupped the girl's face. The next thing I know, he smashed his lips against the girl's neck and dug his fangs into it and her blood. "What. The. ?" I mouthed and quickly switched the channel.

 

Oh my beautiful target~ You zoom zoom my heart like a rocket~!

 

Stage performance...Boring. I pressed a button on the remote and changed the channel.

 

BEAST recently became more and more popular due to....

 

News...Boring. I pressed the button over and over again and not one channel entertains me at all.

 

Knock Knock! Someone knocked on the door. I switch off the tv and jumped off the couch, walking towards the door and answer it. "Who-" I opened my mouth to ask once I open the door but was quite surprised to see who's at the door. "Annyeong Junnie!" Hyunseung greeted with his angelic smile. I stared at him and couldn't speak one word due to the thoughts that came floating back again.

 

He blinked a several times and chuckled as he waved his hand in front of me. "Are you okay? It's like as if you have saw a ghost" He chuckled out. I finally snapped back into reality and shook the thoughts away. "Huh- Wha- Oh, I'm okay" I said and chuckled slightly. I scratched the back of my head and invited him to go in. I switch the lights on first before Hyunseung put his first step inside the house. I'm okay with lights only and not sunlight, if you're wondering.

 

Hyunseung eyed the room around and turns back to me. "Wow, you have one clean house" Hyunseung complimented. I chuckled as I close the door and walk towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck from behind.

 

"What's that?" I asked as I pointed out at the plastic bag Hyunseung's holding. "Oh, this?" He raised the plastic bag up. "It's my books" He answered. I arched an eyebrow thinking if he likes reading. "What for?" I questioned. Hyunseung sighed and pouted as he moved away from my embrace. "Mr. Fong wanted me to ask you to tutor me since I failed my test while you get the highest" He said and took a seat on the couch.

 

I nodded taking a seat beside him as I watch him take his books out. The atmosphere became quite except for the noise of books being taken out from the plastic bag. I cleared my throat and spoke up trying to break the silence. "So...Shall we start?" I asked.

 

Hyunseung puts the books on the coffee table in front of us and looks at me with his gorgeous smile. "Not until I know what surprise you're giving me" He said. The nervousness came back to me and making me....nervous. "Uh..Uhm..I..." I blurted anything that's in my mind, except for the hunting thing, as I try to find a good excuse. I clear my throat again and stand up slowly from my seat. "Wait for a minute, okay?" I said hurriedly and jogged into the kitchen.

 

"I..I can't do this!" I panted. "Why not?" The woman spoke up and appeared out of nowhere which scared the crap out of me. "Heard of walking with sounds?" I said as I caress my chest. She look at me with that brown orbs, raising an eyebrow waiting for my answer. "I...I just can't.." I muttered.

 

"So you're choosing to give up and watch your lover to suffer?" The woman said. "I don't know!" I said slightly raising my voice and slammed my fist onto the wall causing a loud thump. Why was I even born a vampire?

 

Hyunseung's POV

I jumped a little after the loud thump coming from the kitchen. I started to get worry when I heard Junhyung shouted. I can't quite get what he's shouting. I got off the couch and poke my head into each room I walk pass and still didn't find Junhyung.

 

Every steps I took brought me more closer to the mumbling sound coming from a room. The mumbles got more and more clear  and I finally get to hear Junhyung's voice. The conversation goes on and I can hear a woman's voice.

 

"You little brat dare to give up what you've been doing all this time? up people's blood is what you do!" A woman's voice spoke up.

 

"So you're telling me to Hyunseung's blood off and throw him on the floor not caring one damn thing?" That voice. It sounded like Junhyung's. But what's with these blood thing they're talking about? I move my head closer to the open gap and try to listen to what they're saying.

 

"Please, of course! You're a vampire! Vampires people's blood off! I have given you time to gain his trust and look at him! He's fully into you!" The woman shouted. "Vampires?" I gasped silently. I covered my mouth and turned away from the gap thinking about what I just heard. Now that I think of it, Junhyung has one thing similar to the vampire that was about to attack me that day. Their presence. No wonder I have a feeling that Junhyung's presence are similar and I can't just make my mind to it.

 

Wait, when he's a vampire so does that mean...he's playing with me...all the time? I sighed quietly not wanting them to know and quickly jogged across the room to the living room to pack up my things. My tears suddenly rolled down from the corner of my eyes and followed by another. I quickly wiped them off and slid into my shoes.

 

Once I got my hand on the doorknob, I hesitated for awhile. I don't want to leave him and believe that all of the words I heard was a lie but my heart tells me to leave him and forget everything, even about him because thinking of him hurts my heart. I took in a deep breath trying to stop my tears from falling and decided to leave.

 

There's no point in going back and defend him from all the lies, Hyunseung. He lied to you, he lied about his feelings. The moment we shared were all wasted. The kiss we shared were fakes. And the words he said were fake. All fake!

 

I can't believe I fell in love with a vampire.

 

--------------------------

Teehee~ How is this chapter? ^^ Hope the length is enough kekeke..

Bam Bam Bammm~ Hyunseung found out Junhyung's a vampire! What would Junhyung do? D;

But hey, look at the bright side, at least he won't die, right? Right.

Anyways, Do drop a comment<33333