I want to be..a human.

Behind The Mask

After that fight, which I don't want to talk about, I walk back to the living room and found nothing but furnitures. Hyunseung and his books are all gone. He left without informing me.. I wonder what happened to him. Oh yes, the phone.

 

I jogged upstairs to my room and walk across the room to the study table and took the box that's labeled 'iPhone' up. I open it up and stared at the inside of the box confusingly. I slowly took the phone up and started to investigate the phone. I wonder how does this thing works.

 

Turning the phone around and around, I found a switch button and pressed it. Nothing happens. "How the.." I mumbled and furrowed. I pressed it again and it still didn't work. ... How the hell do you turn this thing on?

 

I take a glance on the box again and found a book or something on the bottom of the box. I took the book out and it says 'Phone Manual'. I bet this might help. I flipped through the book and "studied" for awhile. Looking through the book once again, I finally know how it works. Again, I press the on/off button and held it. The screen of the phone flashes with light and I knew, it's on.

 

I felt quite happy to discover on how this thing work on my own. I'm so proud of myself. Once the phone is on, I stared at the screen not knowing what to do. Should I send a message to him? Or maybe I should just call. I nodded to myself and decided to call instead because you know, he might delete that message.

 

I fished for Hyunseung's phone number inside the box and glad to found a piece of paper with numbers in it. I typed in the number and place the phone on my ear letting it ring until Hyunseung answers it. Trut Trut Trut Trut- He didn't pick up. I try calling him again and the result is still the same. I try it again and still, he didn't pick up. I furrowed my eyes and typed in the number again. No ringing sound was heard but a woman's sound.

 

Sorry, the number you dialed is unreachable. Please try again later.

 

I pull the phone away from my ear and ended the call and sighed. What happened to Hyunseung? He's not in trouble is he? "Aniya...He's not.." I convinced myself. I look at the phone again and think for a little while. Maybe giving a message will be good.

 

Hyunseung's POV

He lied to me. He cheated on my feelings. He lied to me..

 

Those hurtful words keep repeating in my mind and sends painful stabs into my heart. Tears are rolling down my cheeks non-stop. I heard footsteps coming towards me but I ignored whoever it is, even though I know it's Yoseob. I just want to be left alone right now.

 

"Hyunseung? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Yoseob asked worriedly. I shook my head and turned my head away from him. Silent soon covered up the air but was broken soon enough by Yoseob. "Is it because of Junhyung?" He asked, now with a serious tone. My heart ached just by hearing his name. I didn't reply.

 

Yoseob sighed and sat down beside me as he caresses my back. "Why not talk about it?" He suggested. I let out a long sigh and stood up from my seat. "I'm going upstairs" I mumbled. Yoseob did hear it and he nodded. I gave him a faint smile and walk up to my room.

 

Once I got into my room, my phone is vibrating non-stop. I took a look on it and found an Unknown calling. It must be Junhyung, I thought. The call ended and it showed that I received 3 Missed Calls. I sighed and switched off my phone. I want to have a peaceful time right now.

 

Yes, I want to sleep peacefully and forget about those painful things but...Junhyung just won't leave my mind. I let myself fall on the bed and close my eyes forcing myself to go to sleep. Fortunately, I did and drifted off to dreamland.

 

Author's POV

Yoseob is sitting on the living room playing with his fingers while trying to think what Junhyung did to him. Did Junhyung said something wrong? Did Junhyung beat him up? Didi Junhyung broke up with him? Yoseob still can't figure it out.

 

In the middle of thinking, someone banged on the door like as if the person is going to break the door down. Yoseob snapped out of his thoughts and skipped towards the door, answering it quickly. "Where's Hyunseung?" Junhyung asked hurriedly. Yoseob glared at Junhyung and answered, "He's not here. Please go before I beat you up" Before Junhyung could even say a word, he shut the door in front of Junhyung's face.

 

Junhyung let out a frustrated sigh and rustled his hair. He look around the house looking for a way to go in. He couldn't wait because of all the worriness that's been eating on him. "Wait...I can teleport. Why didn't I think of it earlier?" Junhyung mumbled and mentally slapped himself.

 

He teleported into the house and kind of surprised Yoseob who's still pressing his body against the door. Junhyung turned around and faced Yoseob. "I need to talk to Hyunseung. I'm worried for him. He wouldn't pick up his phone and he didn't reply to my message and-" Junhyung said everything hurriedly with one breath but Yoseob cut him.

 

"I don't think he wants to see you right now" Yoseob said coldly. "What?" Junhyung mouthed and slightly panted from the fast speaking he did. "Why not?" Junhyung asked, still unaware of what happened. Of course, he doesn't know what happened to Hyunseung.

 

Yoseob scoffed and folded his arms. "You mean you still don't know what you did to him?" Yoseob asked. Junhyung didn't reply and just stare at Yoseob trying to think what he did. "He's heartbroken" Yoseob added. "And you know what'll happen when he's heartbroken" He continued.

 

Junhyung widened his eyes and open and close his mouth trying to say something but he's just too panicked to think of a word. "W-W-Wait! I didn't do it on purpose! And I didn't even know what I did!" Junhyun exclaimed while shaking his hand in front of Yoseob. "Yeah right. Then why is he sad? His puppy died?" Yoseob "joked". He gave Junhyung a death glare and walk towards Junhyung slowly.

 

"He has a puppy?" Junhyung asked as he arched an eyebrow. Yoseob shook his head and sighed. "Just fix his broken heart before you-know-what happens, ara?" Yoseob threatened. Yoseob doesn't want to kill him just yet. Because he thinks Junhyung is the only person that could bring the old Hyunseung back. The Hyunseung that has always been cheerful and happy. And that makes Yoseob relief.

 

"But...how? I don't even know why is he sad.." Junhyung said. Yoseob sighed and scratched his head. "I don't know either" He said as he plopped himself down on the couch. Junhyung stood there and thought for awhile. He slammed his fist onto his palm and turn to Yoseob. "Maybe he overheard us.." Junhyung muttered.

 

"What?" Yoseob asked, not knowing what he said. Junhyung quickly took a seat on the other couch and repeated his line. "Maybe he overheard us" He raised his voice a little so that Yoseob could hear him. "What do you mean?" Yoseob asked as he stare at Junhyung with imaginary questiong marks popping out around his head like how the cartoon characters did.

 

Junhyung was too busy thinking and didn't hear Yoseob's question. "Of course. He might be upset because he found out I'm a vampire!" Junhyung said, feeling happy that he found out why Hyunseung is upset. But soon the happiness died out and tons of question like, 'How will I fix it?', or 'How am I going to make him happy?' appeared in his mind, bombarding his head.

 

'Wait..He's only disappointed when he found out I'm a vampire..' Junhyung thought. He widened his eyes a little and looked at Yoseob. "I want to be a human" Junhyung said confidently. Yoseob arched an eyebrow and leaned back onto the couch. "You sure?" He asked, reassuring Junhyun about his answer.

 

Junhyung gulped and nodded which made Yoseob smirked. "You do know you have to give that bead inside your heart away and have to suffer from not taking in the blood before you can completely become a human. Because without that bead, taking in the blood already means nothing to you. It won't give you anything and it won't gain your Blood Meter" Yoseob said.

 

Junhyung nodded. "I know" Junhyung said under his breath. "Very well then if this is what you choose" Yoseob said and gave Junhyung a smile. Junhyung returned the smile and nodded. "Like I said. I'd do anything for Hyunseung" Junhyung said. Yoseob kept his smile and patted on Junhyung's lap before he walks away from him.

 

Junhyung frowned after Yoseob left and keep thinking on the positive way. It's all for Hyunseung.

 

------------------------

Updated ^^ It's kind of boring in this chapter and hope it doesn't bore you to death Dx

And if I simply guess, I think this fic ends with chapters. Maybe. I'm just guessing :p

Do drop a comment! ^^