Chapter 8

We Got Married 2!

The wedding dress hunting was tiring and exhausted. Adel kept on dragging Krystal one shop to another excitedly. Krystal couldn’t do anything because Adel was being too active to walk. Adel kept on blabbering that she should choose the best wedding dress because wedding is something important to everyone. Marriage will probably happen once in our life, and we should do it right. Krystal just smiled sweetly at her words. Adel doesn’t know the truth behind this marriage, she thought.

 

After hours, finally they settled down at Key’s boutique, one of the famous designers in Korea. Key was a wedding planner for Adel before and he agreed to help Krystal.

 

                “Key oppa, make sure she’ll look dazzling in her dress okay?” Adel said excitedly.

 

                “Sure, she’ll look fabulous and all the eyes will fix at her at the day. Including your husband.” Key joked, earned a smack right on his back.

 

                “I need to blindfold my husband then.” She said back, laughing.

 

They choose several dresses for Krystal. She went in and out from fitting room to try the dresses but none of them satisfied Key’s eyes. After tenth tries, finally they choose the long white dress, with lace for Krystal. It was not too y, not too plain; it looked so nice on Krystal.

 

                “You looked so beautiful. Min Hyuk must be like it.” Adel beamed in awe. Key’s jaw dropped and he clapped like retarded seal.

 

                “That’s my girl!” he screamed and ran to Krystal. “You’ll look charming with some make up and with your hair done. Adel, I want to be her stylist on the day, please!”

 

                “Sure, but no fees, since you want it yourself.”

 

                “Of course! Everything will be free except for the dress!”

 

Krystal mouthed a thank you to Adel secretly and the lady replied it with wide grin.

 

After changing and settling some other matters with Key, they went to Espresso Lab for some rest and coffee.

 

                “Min Hyuk is a nice guy.” Adel said out of sudden.

 

                “Yeah he is.” Krystal said with smile and took a sip of her hot chocolate.

 

                “I’m happy for him. He has been suffered because of me.”

 

                “Uhm? What do you mean?”

 

                “Back on our school days, he always took a good care of me. I was in arranged marriage with Chanyeol before and we started off so badly.” She laughed a bit. “So whenever I argued with Chanyeol, he’ll always give me a good advice and took side of me.”

 

                “You’re so close with him.” Krystal exclaimed. However, she felt little jealous with her own words.

 

                “Yeah, Min Hyuk and the others are the reason I could live in happy marriage life. They made us confess to each other.”

 

                “Really?”

 

               “Yeah. I’m glad that he’ll be married to you. Have a happy life with him.” Adel said, while holding Krystal’s hand. “Make him happy,”

 

Krystal nodded and smiled. “I will.”

 

She felt so sinful for lying but that was the only way she has to make sure their secret won’t be spilled out.

__________________________________________________________________________________

While Adel and Krystal were out for wedding dress, the others gathered at Chanyeol’s house for games and yes, taking care of Taehyung. The house was so noisy with existence 14 boys; including Taehyung as well. Aehri, the maid shook her head several times because every time she cleaned up, it’d be stay for ten minutes only. Finally she gave in and just stay at the kitchen, cooked for the 14 monsters.

 

Luhan already followed Aehri to the kitchen, was still trying to win the little girl’s heart. Chanyeol playfully wished him a good luck and winked at him. Sehun, on the other hand, arguing over PlayStation game with Taehyung; he indeed has four years old mental age.

 

Kris slowly tapped Min Hyuk’s shoulder, and Min Hyuk turned his body. “Let’s talk.” Kris said, coolly walked outside and sat on the bench in front of small water fountain. Min Hyuk followed from behind with anxiety; and sat beside Kris.

 

                “What’s up?” he asked Kris as he rested his on the bench.

 

                “Do you love her?” Kris asked with ambiguity feeling.

 

                “Yes.” Min Hyuk replied shortly.

 

               “I just want to know if you really love her.” He paused for a while, took a deep breath. “I hope my instinct is not true.”

 

                “Of course I love her. What’s the point of marrying someone that I didn’t love?” Min Hyuk calmly stated. The whole world knew that he was in love with Adel before, and was still in love with her until now.

 

                “I know with who you’re in love with, Min Hyuk.” Kris attacked him. Somehow, he felt something was wrong with the marriage that will be held next two weeks.

 

                “That was before, Kris. Now, I’m in love with Krystal.” He bluffed.

 

                “But the look in your eyes was telling me something else.”

 

                “I don’t know you can read someone’s eyes.” Min Hyuk said; laughed scornfully.

 

They stayed for the moment of silence, observing the water fountain before them. Kris; still felt something was not right with the sudden marriage, and tried hard to convince himself, nothing was wrong and the bride-to –be was really in love with her groom-to-be. He was in pain, and lived a miserable life ever since he got the news. He knew that he was being over-acting but he just didn’t want Krystal live in unhappy life.

 

                “Min Hyuk, please take a good care of her. I rely on you.” Kris finally said something.

 

                “I will. Don’t you worry.”

 

                “She is easily gets cold, make sure to make her warm every day, she loves spring season, bring her out for a walk more often during spring.” He sighed. “Whenever you found her missing, search for her at her father’s grave. She’ll be there. She hates thunderstorm, so when it’s raining, make sure you’re next to her to calm her down. She looks tough outside, but the truth is, she’s so fragile inside so make sure to be careful with your words.”

 

Min Hyuk was in awe while listening to Kris’ words, made his guilt grew more.

 

                “I hope both of you can a happy life.” With his last words, Kris stood up. “I’ll walk her down to the aisle and try to forget the feelings I had for her. I have no more worries since I know you can take a good care of her.”

 

Min Hyuk was still in stiff position, trying to process everything. With the heavy heart, he stood up and patted Kris’ back. “I will, don’t you worry. I’ll make her happy.” He slipped out another lie. It was a no way for him to make Krystal be happy in this marriage; they were not in love literally, but he’ll promise himself not to make Krystal suffer. That was a promise to himself.

 

                “I trust you.” Kris said.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

                “I trust you.”  

 

Kris’ voice echoed to the whole house. Min Hyuk stared at ceiling at started to think this pretend marriage was a big mistake. Everyone was hurt with this marriage.

 

Kris.

 

Krystal.

 

And himself.

 

He glanced at his phone. It was 12.30 a.m, probably Krystal was already in deep sleep since she was tired for walking the whole day with Adel. He wanted to call Krystal, but he didn’t have idea what will he say if the lady picks up his call. He just wanted to talk since he couldn’t sleep.

 

Without any hesitation, he got up from his bed, grabbed his car keys and drove his car away. He stopped at familiar moderate house and dialed up a number.

 

                “Are you sleeping? Come out, I already outside your house.” He hung up.

 

He tapped on the steering wheel and hummed to Anyone Of Us by Gareth Gates, his favorite singer. From far, he could see Krystal was walking to his car. She wore a pink pajama pants and plain shirt with cardigan around her shoulders.

 

Yes, she hates cold temperature that’s why she had a cardigan with her. Kris was beyond right about it.

 

He got out from car and gave a smile to Krystal.

 

                “Do you want to talk here, or in the car?” he asked. “It’s cold outside.”

 

               “Yeah, you’re aware with that, but still asked me to talk at this hour.” She hissed and open the passenger door slipped herself into the car. Min Hyuk shook his head and shoved himself in the driver seat.

 

                “So, why did you ask me to sacrifice my sleeping time?” she asked.

 

He sighed deeply. He didn’t know the actual reason, but he wanted to see her.

 

                “Nothing, I just can’t sleep.”

 

                “Oh my god! That’s your problem, why do you involve me?” she said, ruffling her hair in disbelief.

 

                “Maybe because you’re my future wife?” he teased. Krystal glared at him.

 

                “Future pretend wife.”

 

She corrected him again; to make things clear. They’ll be marrying to each other in two weeks, and it was basically contract marriage, pretending as a happy couple for year and her task will be done.

 

                “Kris talked to me earlier today.” He said. Krystal snorted at her seat, turned her body immediately.

 

                “What did he say to you?”

 

            “Everything about you. About how should I take care of you. You’re such a baby, Krystal.” He said mockingly. Krystal smacked his back harshly.

 

                “Yah! I’m not.”

 

                “See? You’re baby, Kris gave me a full list about you and I just discovered that he’s so in love with you.”

 

                “Stop, I don’t want to start it.” She said.

 

                “Krystal? Should we stop?”

 

                “Stop what?”

 

                “This marriage.”

 

Krystal jerked at his words and glared at him sternly, her chest almost exploded at that time.

 

                “Why?”

 

                “Because I think this marriage made everyone was hurt severely.”

 

                “How about Sulli? How about my family? How about your family?” she asked.

 

Her words made Min Hyuk gathered back all the reasons he needed this fake marriage. The main reason was Sulli’s happiness and his dad.

 

                “You love Kris don’t you?”

 

                “Yes, I love him. Why does it matter to you?”

 

                “See? You hurt yourself, you hurt the one you love because of this marriage.”

 

                “I’m not hurt at all.”

 

                “You are. Stop acting.”

 

               “Min Hyuk, listen. I don’t have any regrets because I got the money to pay my father’s gambling debt, which was more than enough.” She said and cupped quickly when she realized she has spilled out everything.

 

                 “So, it was for gambling debts?” he asked, even though he was already know about it. “I see.”

 

                “Then, what so wrong to pay gambling debts?” she said back.

 

                “I knew it for a long time. Sulli told me. I just want to see if you want to be honest with me.”

 

Krystal shut immediately. “So you want to call me a liar?” she said after silence for seconds.

 

                “I didn’t say that. You’re so paranoid.”

 

                “Uhh—” she groaned in annoyance. “So now you call me paranoid?”

 

                “Krystal, listen. I want you to be honest with me, it’s not like I don’t trust you, but you keep too many secrets from me. We will be in husband-wife relationship, yeah we’ll be pretending, but I still need to know things about you, I looked like a dumb when Kris said out loud things about you.”

 

                “I was a dumb too, when Adel said things about you. Your favorite color, your favorite subjects. I didn’t even know you were the top student at your school.” She said back.

 

Both of them sighed deeply.

 

                “It is because we never had a chance to sit and talk about us.” Min Hyuk said, and Krystal nodded. “All the things we did together was acting and arguing.”

 

                “This is first time I agreed with you right away.” She said, laughed a bit. Min Hyuk chuckled. This was a very first time he saw Krystal laughed with a real laugh, not a fake one.

 

                “Okay, so how to solve our ‘look like a dumb’ problem?” he asked.

 

                “Uhm— what about we list out our true self on paper and study about each other?” she suggested.

 

                “No no no. I don’t feel like study.” Min Hyuk said while putting his fingers on his chin.

 

                “You lazy .”

 

                “I feel tired to even open a book hehe…” he replied slyly. “How about, we start now? I can’t sleep, and you’re not going to sleep because you need to accompany me.”

 

                “There’s no term in the contract that says I must accompany you.”

 

                “Okay fine, I’ll add it later.”

 

                “Yah! You can’t! Liar!!!”

 

Min Hyuk laughed wholeheartedly and smacked her head gently. “Please, just tonight. We can get to know each other.”

 

She snorted, “Okay fine. Whatever.”

 

                “So, what kind of flower do you like?”

 

                “Lily and daisy.”

 

                “Why?”

 

                “Do you really need to know the reason?”

 

                “Okay, we’ll skip the question.” He paused, thinking. “So, what is your favorite color?”

 

                “I don’t know, I love all.”

 

                “So typical you. Yah! You haven’t asked me anything. You should ask.”

 

                “Okay okay. So mind to tell me what your favorite food?”

 

                “I eat all.”

 

                “See? I can see no difference. You’re typical too.”

 

                “We really can’t get along.” He said. “But, hey I have an idea!”

 

                “What?”

 

                “How about you tell me what’s your favorite and so on, and I’ll tell you mine?”

 

                “It’s just the same thing Min Hyuk.”

 

                “Nope, right now, we’re asking each other. Instead of asking, we’re telling each other about ourselves. Sounds nice?”

 

                “Not too nice, but I’ll give it a try.”

 

They kept on chatting and bickering without realizing it was already past 4 a.m. The sleepy Krystal was not sleepy at all after some talks with Min Hyuk. They knew each other more after that night, and getting closer.

 

Krystal was finally know that Min Hyuk was the second child of Kang’s, he had sister but his sister died because of brain cancer. At that time, Min Hyuk was only seven years old. He lost his mother when he was eight years old. Krystal ‘s heart sank because she could see how strong Min Hyuk was, he was always smile while telling Krystal about his mother and sister; there was no tears or sadness at all.

 

Min Hyuk also; he got to know more about Krystal. He knew already how Krystal met Kris and about her gambler father. He also know about the betrayer friend of her late father and how her mom was struggling to raise three kids. From his eyes, he silently thought, Kris was right. Krystal looked so strong outside, but she’s too soft inside. He could see the lady was crying quietly when she told Min Hyuk about her father.

 

Started from that night, both of them were blooming with unknown feelings but they were trying hard to push away the feelings because of one thing; their marriage was a whole pretending thing.

*****

 

Hey! Chappie up! 

Drop off your thoughts babies! ^^

And about Kris...it's really heartbreaking right? T.T

I just...speechless & I even wrote one shot FF for him T.T please read [Tiny Little Dream]

I hope it's a bad dream

By the way, thanks for reading and upvoting! ^^