Chapter 13

We Got Married 2!

Krystal smiled and waved to Kris as soon as she noticed him at the corner, was drinking champagne, accompanied with some fruits and snacks on the table. Kris motioned his hands, asking Krystal to come to him; showing his famous gummy-smile. Krystal walked to Kris and sat in front of the guy.

 

                “Hey.” She beamed. “Looking good as always.”

 

Kris let out a small laugh, “But not as good as you. You look stunning.” He replied.

 

                “Tch—what’s so stunning. I’m just wearing office outfit.”

 

                “You look nice in anything.” Krystal laughed at his words, “What do you want to drink?”

 

                “A glass of orange juice would be nice.” She said.

 

                “Only orange juice?”

 

                “I can’t take alcohol because I have to work tomorrow.” She gave an excuse. “Beside, I’ll be drunk even if I took a sip.” She laughed.

 

                “Yea, that’s so you. So, how are you?” he chortled.

 

                “I’m just fine. How about you?”

 

                “I’m beyond fine.” He laughed and bent over to take something under the table. “Here. It’s for you. I hope you’ll like it.”

 

                “Promise me this will be the last time you bought something for me.” She said and reached her hands, accepting a paper bag from Kris. The guy just let out a small laugh.

 

                “It’s a habit. I can’t break it yet. I used to buy something for you when I’m going overseas.” He said with fake laugh; while trying not to look hurt. The truth is; pain in his chest was jabbing whenever he realized; Krystal is someone else’s wife.

 

                “It’s time to break it.” Krystal mumbled quietly. “Hey, how’s Europe?” she asked; changing the topic. Feeling uncomfortable whenever they talked about feelings, about how they used to be. It’s burdened her; like she was committing a big crime.

 

                “It was good.” He answered. “It’s always be your dream to go to Europe.” He added.

 

Krystal shut immediately. Indeed, Kris was the only person who knew her more than herself. No matter how much she knows about herself, Kris always knows more. Guilt crept under her skin, unknown feelings were lingering around but she was very sure, it’s not the same feeling whenever she was with Min Hyuk.

 

Kris patted her hand when he realized she was day-dreaming. Krystal blinked her eyes and chuckled. Soon, they chatted around like old friends without realizing someone was eyeing them from far.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jong Hyun took a U turn and turned left, slowly parked his car in front of the bar. Min Hyuk went out from the car and slipped off his coat, leaving it in the car. He spotted a familiar car next to Jong Hyun’s but, ignored it. It’s a no way she could be here, he said to himself.

 

                “Let’s go!” Jong Hyun said.

 

As soon as Min Hyuk walked into the bar, as usual, he got blinded by those flickering lights amidst the dark place. There are couples make out in every corner, drunken middle-aged-men, with beautiful-model-like girls around them. Min Hyuk shook his head at the sight. Some of them are his business acquaintances.

 

                “The usual, Jae.” Jong Hyun said to the bartender.

 

                “Give me whisky.” Min Hyuk ordered his drink. His eyes wandered around, observing the bar. Something caught his eyes from far; he quickly fixed his eyes at her.

 

                “Krystal-ssi?” Jong Hyun said while nudging Min Hyuk’s hands.

 

                “Hm.” He replied shortly. Still eyeing the lady from far, she was still wearing her office suit, it showed she was from work; straight away to meet Kris. The fact shot right through Min Hyuk’s heart.  She went to meet Kris right away from work; she wants to meet Kris so badly. He muttered each word in his mind.

 

                “Who’s that? Her boyfriend?”

 

                “It’s not a right time to ask that question, hyung.” He said intensely.

 

                “You fall for her right? See, you broke the rules.”

 

Min Hyuk sighed deeply and drank his whisky in one full shot. “Maybe. I think.”

 

She was wearing that bewitched smile, laughing when Kris talked to her. They looked good together. He beamed silently. Sometimes, she would pout and Kris pinched her cheeks, then she would laugh again. The sight was overwhelming—seeing her sweet smile; despite of the fact the smile was not for him.

 

Min Hyuk ordered another glass of whisky and drank it furiously. He doesn’t felt right. He was in anger. He was angry with himself; angry with Krystal – angry with Jong Hyun and Kris; angry with everyone in here. He has an urge to drag his wife out from here, but his body refused and he was just quietly watching them from far.

 

This time, they looked serious. Kris rubbed his hair and Krystal looked sad. He wanted to know what are they talking about, he really wanted to know. Kris took Krystal’s hands and rubbed it gently. The jealousy built in his body, he breathed in.

 

The next thing happened was beyond his imagination—Kris was practically—kissing her.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

               

“I still love you.” Kris said out of sudden in the middle. Krystal gasped at his confession, but she knew, she didn’t feel the same way. She was before, but now she clearly figured out.

 

She was in love with her own husband.

 

                “Kris—I—” she stuttered and kept her head down.

 

                “It’s okay. I shouldn’t say those things to you.” He cut off and smiled. Sadly. Krystal was hurt seeing the person she loved before was in pain so she took Kris’ firm hands and hold it tightly.

 

                “I love you too, but as a friend.” She paused. “I didn’t know that I will fall for him.” She muttered softly.

 

                “What do you mean?” he asked. “I knew something was wrong with both of you.”

 

                “Kris, if I tell you about this, promise me you won’t tell anyone. Nobody knows about it, I kept it as secret for several months—until—”

 

                “It was a bargain right? It was a fake marriage right? Am I right?”

 

                “Ho…how do you know?” she asked back, stuttering.

 

Smiling, “I knew it. I know you for almost 18 years, Krystal. I would always know if you’re telling a lie or not.”

 

                “I’m sorry. Yes, it was a contract marriage. I did this for paying father’s debt and for Sulli but…”

 

                “You’ve fallen for him right?”

 

Krystal took a deep sigh and put her hands against her chest. Wanting to make sure the real feeling she had for Min Hyuk, her pretend husband. Tears started to form in her eyes; when she was sure, she was certain for her true feelings, and she was not supposed to have this feeling.

 

                “I…I don’t know.” Second later after she said that, a tear flowed down to her cheeks. Kris brought his thumb and ran it across her cheeks.

 

                “Syh…don’t cry. You know I don’t like to see your tears.” He comforted her. “Kystal?”

 

                “Hm?”

 

                “Can I have the last kiss before I let you go for real?

 

With that, Kris bent over and placed a small peck on her lips. Krystal’s eyes wide in shock with his sudden move. But she didn’t push, not wanting to hurt the tall guy anymore; secretly thanked the guy for the kiss. It made she realized one thing.

 

Yes, I’m in love with Min Hyuk. She said it confidently in heart.

 

He broke the kiss few seconds later. “I’m sorry.” He said. “I know you’ve fall for him. Please fight for him if you really love him and I believe you do. I will keep this secret as secret.”

 

                “Thank you Kris, for all the things that you’ve done for me. I wouldn’t get my degree if it wasn’t you.”

 

                “I hope you will be happy. That’s all.”

 

A heavy silence set in as the two lost themselves in their own thoughts. Kris of the news of it all, and Krystal of her husband and how she was going to gather the courage to confess to him.

 

                “You should tell him.” Kris beamed.

 

                “You think I should?”

 

                “Yes, don’t be like me. I didn’t confess for years and you have someone else now.” He faked a laugh.

 

                “Kris…I’m…”

 

                “Stop saying you are sorry. It’s my fault.” He sighed. “You know Krystal, I still love you. But I guess it just wasn’t meant to be, was it? I really hope he can make you as happy as you deserve to be. But judging as to how just the thought of him makes you smile so beautifully like this, I think he can make you happy.”

 

Krystal’s face lit up a little and she looked upon Kris.

 

                “We can still be friends right?” she asked.

 

                “We always be.”

 

                “I hope you don’t hate me.”

 

                “I’m not.” He smiled. “I hate myself more. Thank you, Krystal for being a part of my life. He’s so lucky to have you falling for him. I’m jealous.” He laughed sincerely.

 

Krsytal threw several punches to Kris and chuckled. She felt like the heavy rock fell from her shoulders. She didn’t feel the burden anymore and looking forward to her future. Even though she wasn’t sure about Min Hyuk, but she was certain of the feelings had for him.

 

But, the other one was thinking otherwise.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

               

“Hyung—they kissed each other. She didn’t push him away.” He murmured while taking another glass of alcohol. Min Hyuk was already taking several glasses of alcohol or maybe—already 22th glass so far.

 

The image of Kris kissing Krystal flashes before his eyes. His chest exploded again—with jealousy and it was broken, into pieces. He cried for the first time, for—Krystal. The lady was already out from the bar few minutes ago—with Kris. He couldn’t think straight, he’s currently thinking of negative thoughts.

 

                “Minnie—stop it already. You’re drunk.” Jong Hyun said while snatching the glass from Min Hyuk.

 

                “Hyung—give me back!” he yelled.

 

Jong Hyun waved his hands to bartender, asking him to take all of the alcoholic drink away from Min Hyuk. This guy is seriously scary when he’s drunk. Jong Hyun murmured alone. Min Hyuk was mumbling and it was inaudible in Jong Hyun’s ears.

 

                “Should I let her go?” Min Hyuk asked so suddenly. “Hyung—please tear off the contract for me. I need to let her go. She deserves it right?”

 

Jong Hyun shook his head and put a grip on Min Hyuk’s shoulders. “Minnie—do you love her?”

 

                “Yes.” He nodded weakly. “But she doesn’t.”

 

                “What makes you’re very sure she doesn’t?”

 

                “She—kissed—” he burped. “Kris.”

 

With that last sentence, Min Hyuk collapsed on the floor. Jong Hyun panicked because this guy never behaves like this before—and he never gets drunk because of—woman.

 

Sighing deeply, he searched for Min Hyuk’s cellphone and dialled up a number.

 

                “Hello, Krystal-ssi?”

 

***

Hi lovelies! Sorry for making you wait for decade /bows/

I'm quite busy these days preparing for my University English Test tsk

By the way thank you for waiting patiently ^^ 

Please drop off your thoughts and comments 

Thank you for reading! ^^