Chapter 10

We Got Married 2!

Min Hyuk drove his car while humming to unknown song. Krystal was beside him, playing with her Candy Crush, completely ignored her husband. They were just like strangers, not a husband-wife. The traffic jammed, loud honk seemed didn’t bother Krystal at all to focus on her phone. Suddenly, her phone rang and she smiled a bit seeing the caller ID.

 

Kris.

 

She quickly tapped on green button on the screen, earning a glare from Min Hyuk.

 

                “Hey Kris!” she beamed cheerfully. Min Hyuk twitched a bit when he heard how happy the tone was.

 

They talked over the phone for couple minutes. He could hear how she talked; sometimes she would chuckle and laughed. He was really curious over what they were talking about. His heart flamed with jealousy; he didn’t know why. Maybe, it’s just a husbandly feeling when his wife talked with some guy. He didn’t pay attention to the feeling but still opened his ears widely to figure out what they’ve chatted.

 

He made a turn to left and parked right in front of 32-storey building, LJH Law Firm. It must be his lawyer’s office. She silently thought, but still on the phone with Kris. Min Hyuk elbowed her hand, giving sign that they’ve arrived to their destination. Krystal glared at him and quickly hung up with Kris.

 

                “A nice talk with your beloved one?” he asked; controlled his voice so Krystal won’t be suspected him of being jealous.

 

Jealous. Am I jealous? He asked himself.

 

                “Very nice talk.” She answered back, with the sarcastic tone.

 

                “We’ve arrived, Krysta-ssi and please…no more interruptions during our talk with Jong Hyun-hyung later.”

 

                “Mind to brief me what should I do or what should I say?” she asked, politely; more to mockingly.

 

                “Just sign whatever paper he shows to you later.”

 

                “Are you trying to do fraud? It’s a big not to sign everything without read it first.” She argued.

 

                “Okay, fine. Read it first, then sign. Err…” he said back, annoyed.

 

                “Good.”

 

                “Oh yes, Jong Hyun-hyung made a new contract for us, so I would like to you to read it and speak out your opinion or anything else you want to add.”

 

                “I thought we’ve signed it before?”

 

                “It’s void without lawyer, so we need a new one.”

 

                “Okay, I understand.”

 

                “Let’s go.” He opened the door, but stopped in the halfway. “Oh yes, I did not add the skinship thingy in the contract, because we need it right?”

 

                “We need it to pretend.” He added when he saw the young lady glared at him thoroughly.

 

                “Okay, whatever.” She rolled her eyes and huffed into the building. They had to wait for the elevator. Silence surrounded them.

 

                “Krystal!” a voice called her out from behind. She turned around at the familiar voice and smiled wickedly.

 

                “Hey! What are you doing here?” she asked. The gentleman scratched his head while smiling so brightly and put his arms around Krystal playfully. Min Hyuk’s heart skipped a beat at the scene. He faked a cough.

 

                “Oh, Min Hyuk! Meet my cousin, Kevin.” She introduced them. They shook hands and smiled to each other.

 

                “I’m so sorry for not attending your wedding, but I’ll send the gift later okay.” Kevin said, at the same time glanced up at Min Hyuk. He leaned closer to Krystal and whispered, “He is the young millionaire in Korea right?” he asked softly in Krystal’s ear.

 

Krystal nodded slightly and pushed Kevin away, “Do you working here?” she asked.

 

                “Yup, I’m working with LJH Firm. And…what are you doing here?”

 

She looked bit nervous because this is the first time she needed to lie to her close cousin. “Hm…we are going to…”

 

                “We need to sign some papers since we’re married; I’m going to give her some assets. Jong Hyun is my personal lawyer.” Min Hyuk said, cut off Krystal’s words since he noticed that she was stuttering.

 

                “Oh, I see…yah! You’re going to be a rich .” Kevin said with naughty attitude, made the lady flushed red.  If only you know the truth…she said in her heart.

 

In couple minutes; they arrived at Jong Hyun’s office which was located at fifteenth floor. Krystal bid a goodbye to her cousin and pushed Min Hyuk’s hands over her waist harshly. He has been pretending since earlier and she felt little bit uncomfortable with his action. Min Hyuk shook his head at her so-nice-attitude and politely greeted Jong Hyun’s secretary.

 

                “I have appointment with Mr. Lee.” The elegant woman with blonde hair smiled sweetly when Min Hyuk approached her.

 

                “Wait a minute.” She said. “Mr. Kang, Mrs. Kang, could you wait here, please?” she pointed to a seated area of white leathers chairs.

 

Mrs. Kang…that sounded nice. She thought silently.

 

They sat on the chairs with silence. Sometimes, the secretary would glance at Min Hyuk while sending several seductive winks to him. Min Hyuk just smiled, to be polite; but it was a different case with Krystal, she felt annoyed at the scene and felt like slapping the woman because she’s currently seducing her husband. But, what stopped her was; Min Hyuk is only a husband on paper.

 

                “Mr. Kang, Mrs. Kang, you may meet Mr. Lee now.”

 

Krystal stood up and quickly captured Min Hyuk’s hands and intertwined their fingers; silently sending a death glare to that woman. Min Hyuk looked a bit startled with the action and raised his eyebrows.

 

                “Pretending right?” she said while grinning. Min Hyuk sighed and curled up a smile.

 

                “You seriously look like a jealous wife, Krystal-ssi.” He said; teasing. Krystal hissed and pushed the man slowly. “Am not—” she denied. She brushed off her dress and walked into Jong Hyun’s office.

 

Jong Hyun’s office was way too big for just one man to sit there. In front of the floor-to-ceiling windows, there’s a modern desk that fits six people comfortably. It matches the coffee table by the couch. Everything else was white—the wall was accompanied by piece of artwork—looked so elegant and nice.

 

Krystal stopped a while at the painting and inspected it every inch—it was so breath-taking. The artist painted it with details and it did look like photographs, it was alive. She was very interested in the painting.

 

                “It’s so lovely.” She said while smiling at Jong Hyun.

 

                “It’s my sister’s painting.” Jong Hyun beamed proudly.

 

                “It’s raising ordinary to extraordinary.” She said back in awe. Jong Hyun laughed and his dimples appeared.

 

                “I couldn’t agree more, Krystal.” Min Hyuk interrupted with soft voice and for some inexplicable reason, the voice warmed her heart.

 

                “Have a seat.” Jong Hyun said and pointed at the white couch. Min Hyuk led his wife to the couch and naturally took a sit beside her.

 

                “I can’t believe you do this, Minnie.” Jong Hyun said while took out papers in his drawer. “I’ll keep your secret and please careful. I don’t know what father would do if he finds out.”

                “Then, shut your mouth for only one year.”

                “I will. You can trust me.” He sat, facing the couple. “Here’s your marriage contract. I typed this on my own so that no one would know.” He handed the contract to Min Hyuk.

                “Good.” Min Hyuk gave the papers to Krystal, “Read it, and then sign.”

 Krystal took the papers and read it carefully, sometimes, her eyebrows would twitch in response and she would rub her forehead. Min Hyuk on the other hand, was waiting for the lady to finish her reading.

 

                “Okay?” he asked when Krystal laid the papers on the table.

 

                “Everything is okay but I don’t like the rule I must be your companion to any event or function.”

 

                “I know you must be disagreed with this, but you have to. The whole nation knows that you’re my wife.”

 

                “It doesn’t make sense that I must be your partner during events.”

 

                “It makes sense because you’re now my wife.”

 

                “Sorry, it’s a pretend wife and you don’t have rights to tell me what I should do and what I shouldn’t do.”

 

                “You’re so stubborn.” He hitched. “Just agree with this, please. We still have a lot of things to do.”

 

She snorted at her seat while the two men eye-ing her. She crossed her arms and deeply sighed. She didn’t want to be too publicize, and if she could, she doesn’t want the whole nation knows that she’s a wife to Kang Min Hyuk. This is the perk of being someone’s wife.

 

                “Okay, fine. But when I don’t have mood, you can’t force me.” She negotiated.

 

Min Hyuk let of relieve sigh and smiled weakly at his-so-ego-fake-wife. She took out her hand, asked for pen and Jong Hyun pulled out a pen from his pocket, handed it to the sassy girl.

 

She quickly signed it and handed the contract to Jong Hyun, “Thanks,” she muttered to Jong Hyun, earning a dimples smile again.

 

                “I see you’re attracted with my wife.” Min Hyuk said so suddenly made Krystal jerked at her sit.

 

                “Oh— Min Hyuk, you sounded so jealous right now.” Jong Hyun said teasingly. “I just want to appreciate God’s creature, is it wrong?”

 

                “Oh—hyung, am not jealous at all.” He said back, mockingly.

 

Jong Hyun raised his eyebrows, “Really? So I can take her out, for dinner? Or maybe for a coffee?”

 

                “She’s my wife, hyung. Even though this is all pretending thing, she’s still my wife. Many eyes will look over her.” He said, breathe hardly. “And, she couldn’t take coffee, she might get insomnia if she does.”

 

                “You’re so determined to state her as your wife. Okay fine, and yes looked like you know much about her.” Jong Hyun mimicked and looked at Krystal. “Krystal-ssi, please don’t take this so seriously. I’m just joking.”

 

                “It’s okay.” She responded.

 

                “Hyung—the asset thingy please.” Min Hyuk said, trying to get away from the topic.

 

                “Oh—almost forgot about that, too overwhelming with your wife’s prettiness.” He winked playfully. “Oh sorry, I’m just kidding.” He said when Min Hyuk sent him glorious of death glare.

 

Jong Hyun shuffled to his office table, opened the drawer and took out a thick black file from the drawer. He walked towards the couple and rested his case on the same spot again, facing the fake couple.

 

Jong Hyun handed the file to Min Hyuk and Min Hyuk inspected it thoroughly. His lips curled up a smile and put the file on the table and run across his thumb over his chin. Somehow, he looked quite y with that posture, sending electricity waves down to Krystal’s spine. Oh—this scene is too fascinating. He did look like Christian Grey in Fifty Shades. Krystal gulped at her thoughts and felt like hitting herself because imagined things that.

 

                “Krystal—I would like to name you after my asset.” He said, “It’s not because we’re married, I mean pretending, it’s because I just want to give you something.”

 

Oh—gosh, now he sounded like Christian Grey.

 

                “Uhm—I think I don’t need that. We’re married for only one year, Min Hyuk. 50K dollars are more than enough.”

 

                “No. I’m giving you my penthouse in Jeju-do. That’s it. And yes, you’ll have fully access to our joint account too.”

 

                “No, Min Hyuk.”

 

                “Yes.”

 

                “No.”

 

                “Can you just shut up and accept my gift? Consider it as wedding gift. I haven’t given you one right?”

 

                “The money is more than enough, Min Hyuk. I don’t need money. I can work and find my own money.”

 

                “Shut up and just be happy with that, can you?” now, Min Hyuk sounded really angry because she rejected his gifts in front of Jong Hyun directly.

 

Feeling the uneasiness that filled in the air, Krystal sighed and looked at Min Hyuk.

 

                “Okay, fine. Don’t call me a gold digger after this.” She said.

 

                “Good. Why are you so stubborn?” he mumbled, but it was audible in Krystal’s ears.

 

Soon, they’ve settled with some things and left Jong Hyun’s office. The silence was still there, same like before. Min Hyuk’s eyes were burning with some kind of anger; maybe he was still mad because Krystal rejected his gifts.

 

                “You don’t have to do things like that anymore. Okay?” Krystal said; breaking the silence.

 

                “You want to know something? Next time, just accept my offer with open heart because frankly speaking, I don’t want anything in return. It’s just I want to give you.”

 

                “But—people…”

 

                “Can you stop thinking about what people would say?” he hissed.

 

                “Okay—”

 

With that, they ended their discussion and be strangers again in their own marriage.

****

Hi! I'm back! Sorry sorry sorry T.T

I hope you'll enjoy this chappie! ^^

Drop off your thoughts and comments as well.

Love <3