Chapter 18

We Got Married 2!

Kang Woo climbed down from his car and looked upon the luxury apartment building in front of him while smiling. He shoo-ed his driver, Hyun Sik and dragged his luggage to the elevator. When he arrived at his destination, he took a deep breath and pressed the doorbell. He waited for several minutes before Min Hyuk turned the doorknob.

 

“Dad?” Min Hyuk beamed as soon as he opened the door. He didn’t expect his father at this hour—it was freaking six thirty in the morning. He was still half-awake—but he was awake now because of sudden visit by his father.

 

“Yes, me. Your dad. Where is your wife?” Kang Woo asked. Stressed at the word of your wife. He glanced around inside the apartment with hawk eyes. He purposely came at this hour because he knew; they wouldn’t have time to hide any suspicious thing about their marriage.

 

“She’s still sleeping.” Min Hyuk uttered awkwardly. But he came to his sense when he thought; she’s not sleeping in his room last night because they had some arguments. His small eyes widened at the thought and he closed back the door; leaving his father outside.

 

He rushed to Krystal’s room and barged into her room. He shook Krystal’s body and she just stared at him with eyes-half-lidded.

 

“What?” Krystal asked lazily.

 

“My father is here. Wake up now and bring you important belongings to my room. Now.” He ordered. Krystal ignored his words and closed back his eyes; leisurely laid back her body on bed. Min Hyuk shook his head before carried her in bridal style to his room, gently placed her on his bed.

 

He ran back to Krystal’s room and took all her belongings; including her bra, and so on. He felt embarrassed out of sudden but he thought that he has rights as husband. He closed back the door and made sure it was locked and leisurely walked back to main door.

 

“I’m sorry dad, I need to pee just now.” He said while panting.

 

“Why are you sweating? Exercising?” Kang Woo asked sarcastically.

 

“Ah—this is not sweat. I forgot to wipe my face after washing up just now.” Min Hyuk gave excuses.

 

Kang Woo raised his thick eyebrow and walked into the house. His eyes were still scanning all over the space, the television was on and the pillows were all over the floor.

 

“I need to stay with you for two weeks. Is it convenience for you?” Kang Woo asked.

 

“Oh—of course.” Min Hyuk replied. “You should tell me earlier.” He sighed.

 

“Why? Am I not allowed to visit my son and his wife out of sudden like this?”

 

“No—that’s not what I mean. You should tell me sooner so I could fetch you at airport. And get ready.”

 

“Get ready for what?” Kang Woo tricked.

 

“For your room—and hey, dad where’s Yong Hwa hyung and Jung Shin? Didn’t they always follow you if you travel here?”

 

“Why would they follow me when I have my son and my daughter in law here?” Kang Woo asked back.

 

“You shouldn’t ride the airplane alone.” Min Hyuk sighed worriedly. His father was already old and he was worried to let his father went on airplane alone without anyone. Anything could happen in the airplane.

 

“I’m here with Hyun Sik, he’s going to his hometown at Mokpo so I left all alone here.” Kang Woo clarified. “Where’s Krystal?”

 

“Oh, wait…I wake her up. She’s staying up late last night…doing her work.” No, we’re staying up late last night—arguing over stupid matters. Min Hyuk silently thought.

 

He shuffled to his room and gently shook Krystal body. He felt bad for making his wife sleep late because of his stupid arguments about Kris. It was not a big deal if Kris wanted to call her; but his jealousy habit always burnt him inside whenever it comes to Kris.

 

“Hey, wake up.” He whispered. “Dad is here.”

 

Opened her eyes slowly, she stared blankly at Min Hyuk. “What? Who’s here?”

 

“My father.” He replied shortly; pecked her forehead lightly.

 

Krystal jumped from bed and ran to bathroom to wash up. She combed her hair with fingers and tied it into bun. She blinked her eyes in disbelief.

 

“You should wake me up sooner.” She hissed.

 

“I did. But you didn’t want to so I carried you here.” He paused. “He’s at living room. Lower your voice little bit, he might hear us.”

 

“Whose fault I sleep late.” She mumbled. Min Hyuk sighed and approached her.

 

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be jealous.” He kissed her. “Let’s not fight in front of dad, if you still want to fight, we can fight later.”

 

“Apology accepted.” She said and hugged her husband. “How I miss sleeping next to you.” She muttered in his chest.

 

“Me too.” He said while caressing her back. “I’ll try to get him out from house and you need to move your things into my room. Understand?”

 

“Okay.” She replied.

 

“That’s my wife.” He smiled.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Min Hyuk drove his car carefully—and with very low speed; because he wanted to give Krystal more time to clean up and move her things so that they will have a happy husband-wife picture in front of his father.

 

He took his father to workplace and trying to make his father lost into business and forgot about lunch together with Jong Hyun and Krystal. It would be awkward since Jong Hyun knew about their contract but he terminated it anyways; but Jong Hyun knew.

 

“Let’s go Min Hyuk. We have lunch date with your wife and Jong Hyun.” Kang Woo said.

 

Oh—dammit. He remembered.

 

“Oh—wait I need to check up things with my secretary.” Min Hyuk replied; trying to sneak out.

 

“Just call her. Come on. We’re late. Jong Hyun’s waiting.”

 

Min Hyuk just nodded and obediently followed his father from behind. He took out his phone and texted Krystal.

 

We’re coming. Are you done?

 

I’m done. So the lunch is on?

 

Yep. Get ready. Don’t wear any short skirt or short pants. I’m jealous.

 

Tch—okay okay I’m not. I need to wear properly in front of your father anyways.

 

Good, that’s my wife. I love you.

 

And you’re my husband. I’ll be waiting and I don’t love you too :p

 

You owe me one ‘I love you too’. You need to pay back.

 

Sorry, but I’m not going to pay.

 

One kiss each word. I don’t care, I want it.

 

Tch—megalomaniac.

 

Yes, I am.

 

Stop texting me, I’m trying to look good in front of your father.

 

Okay… be pretty for me <3 don’t forget my kisses.

 

Min Hyuk smiled and put back his phone in his pocket. His father was eyeing him from his peripheral vision—judging very hard.

 

Jong Hyun was true, they’re in love. But I’m going to make them pay. Kang Woo smirked.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

The lunch went pretty well with Chinese cuisines; seasoned duck, soup, buttered chicken, salted-egg-prawn and Chinese tea; but it the situation seemed so—tensed. Kang Woo kept mentioning about grandchildren which brought Krystal to an awkward situation. Of course she wanted to be a mother too—but she’s not ready plus—they just started dating—technically. It was ridiculous to have baby right away.

 

“It’s almost nine months. How come you didn’t conceive any child yet?” Kang Woo asked. It sounded pretty harsh in Krystal’s ears. Did her father-in-law turned to be a Dementor now? He always has a good heart before.

 

“Dad—we just not ready, yet.” Min Hyuk replied while squeezing Krystal’s hands under the table and assured her; it’s okay, I’ll take all the questions.

 

“I’m old already and I want to play with my grandchild before I die.” Kang Woo uttered sadly—actually he wanted to sound sad but the truth is he was smirking inside.

 

“You’re not that old, dad. You’ve got plenty of time.” Krystal said with smile on her face. “You will live for a long time to play with your grandchild.”

 

“You should see doctor. Both of you and let’s see what’s wrong with you guys.” Kang Woo said. Jong Hyun that sat next to him nudged his adopted father’s elbow; please, don’t do this to them. He silently begged through his eyes.

 

“Dad, I’m sure Krystal could give you a grandchild soon. Right, Krystal?” Jong Hyun said awkwardly.

 

Krystal nodded and held her father in law’s hand. “I will.” She said; uncertainly—unsurely—doubtfully and—pessimistically. Min Hyuk looked at her with confused look but still smiled to his wife anyways.

 

“I will hold onto your words, Krystal.” Kang Woo smiled—and mentally smiled evilly in his heart.

 

Their journey back to home was a silent since the topic of child was brought up. Krystal looked outside the window, cursed herself because she was trapped into this marriage—but cooled herself down when she thought—I love Kang Min Hyuk, I wasn’t supposed to regret being in this marriage.

 

Who doesn’t want a child? Only crazy people—of course both of them wanted a child, running around their house—but they just started off again, it was impossible to Min Hyuk—and Krystal to make love and get a child right away. They still want to experience their love—without child. But the father made them in guilt—when he mentioned about he won’t live any longer anymore.

 

“Krystal?” Min Hyuk called her out. “We’ve arrived.” He said.

 

Krystal blinked her eyes in confusion—didn’t realize that Min Hyuk already parked his car and his father already went to wait for elevator. Krystal sighed and released herself from seatbelt and climbed down from the car. She wanted to walk to her father in law but Min Hyuk quickly snatched her hands and dragged her to empty space.

 

“I’m sorry.” Min Hyuk muttered; while looking at his father. When he was certain that his father no longer around them; he wrapped Krystal’s body in tight embrace while kissing her forehead.

 

“What you’re so sorry about. I’m okay, really.” She said and smiled.

 

“You had been so uncomfortable just now. I feel guilty.”

 

“It’s okay, it’s just your father. I should be nice to him, right?”

 

“But…still…”

 

“I told you I’m okay.” She claimed again and released herself from his embrace. “Let’s go. He would be worry if we aren’t home yet.”

 

Min Hyuk took her hands and held it as if he wouldn’t get the chance to hold her like this. He was guilty for his father. His father usually was nice and kind towards Krystal but it was different today—all the words that came out from his father’s mouth were sharp and stabbed them right away. He sighed and opened the door before them.

 

“Ladies first.” He said. Krystal grinned at Min Hyuk’s sweetness and walked into the house just to meet another glare from Kang Woo. He was sitting on the couch while hawking them through his eyes. Krystal grasped but still managed to form a small smile before excused herself to room.

 

She laid her body on the bed and stared at ceiling. Wondering why did Kang Woo turn into cold person in just six months. They didn’t meet for almost six months and he changed rapidly without any warning. She rubbed her forehead and changed her clothes; went to living room where Kang Woo resting just now.

 

“Dad, do you want any drink?” she asked politely. Kang Woo turned and just nodded slowly. He sure loved torturing those two—it was their punishment for making contract of marriage. He wasn’t mad, but he wanted to make both of them to suffer a bit.

 

Krystal poured the coffee inside the cup and put it on tray; carefully handed it to Kang Woo. She sat beside her father in law and tried to make some conversation.

 

“What are you watching?” she asked.

 

“Some drama about marriage contract.” He said bluntly. Yes, he purposely watched Full House; staring by Rain. It wasn’t a contract but it was similar to them.

 

 “They started off as enemies but ended up couldn’t live without each other.” Krystal commented.

 

“Did contract in marriage really existed in real life?” Kang Woo asked; wanted to know her comments.

 

“I think there is.” She responded. Of course marriage contract existed—she was involved in one too. “But I don’t think two people that live together won’t fall for each other. They will fall in love eventually. ” Like Min Hyuk and I. She said silently.

 

“Then, do you love Min Hyuk?”

 

Krystal let out small and moderate laugh. “That question is not related to our topic, but yes, I love him.” She said honestly.

 

Sure it was related to you, Krystal. Kang Woo thought.

 

“I’m sure you are in love with him. Actually I really didn’t get it how both of you met. Mind to tell me?”

 

Krystal sweated and dried. Why would he ask this question? We’re married for nine months already. She mumbled quietly. She was praying Min Hyuk would pop out soon; saving her from this kind of question.

 

“We ran to each other and that’s how we met.” She calmly answered.

 

“I mean, how did he purpose you?”

 

“He…”

 

“I knelt down and ask her to be my wife. Just like in movies.” Min Hyuk said; cut off Krystal’s sentence. “I didn’t know you’re so interested in our love life.” Min Hyuk faked a laugh to his dad.

 

Krystal let out relieve sigh and mouthed a thank you to Min Hyuk as he took a seat beside her, and locked their hands to each other; earning a soft chuckle from Kang Woo.

 

“Did you gave her roses?”

 

“No.” “Yes.” They answered at the same time but with different answer. Kang Woo furrowed his eyebrows. I caught you. He smirked.

 

“Which one your answer?” Kang Woo asked.

 

"I mean, yes I gave her flowers but not roses. I gave her daisies because she loves daisies. Right?” Min Hyuk made up an answer. “Yes.” Krystal agreed right away.

 

 “I never knew you have a girlfriend, Minnie. That’s why I want you to marry Sulli.” Kang Woo spoke. “You’re so good in hiding things.”

 

“I met her several months and I’m not really confident about meeting you and Krystal but when you asked me to marry Sulli, I decided to reveal everything.” Min Hyuk paused. “But, hey dad, why are you asking these questions?”

 

“Both of you sure are extremely good in hiding things—like marriage contract.” Kang Woo sneered and took out the papers from his side. “Stop bluffing guys, I knew.”

 

And both of them jerked at their sit.

 

 

***

 

Hi there lovelies! Chapter up!

 

With this chapter, I am very sorry because I can’t update the next chapter very soon because I have some things to settle. Probably it will take around one week so I hope you will wait patiently, okay ^^

 

By the way, please drop off your comments about this chapter. I am very touched with some comments on this story. You encouraged me even moreeeeee thank you readers, you’re my source of motivation ^^

 

May God bless you all the time.

 

I love you guys let’s meet in next chapterrrrr so gonna miss you guys

 

Bye <3