Chapter 3

We Got Married 2!

[A/N: A short update mian-hae]


Min Hyuk glanced around, satisfied with the result. His private conference room provided a business atmosphere, and the bouquet of roses his secretary had placed in the center of the table offered a personal touch amongst the plush wine carpeting, the rich gleam of cherry wood, and leather chairs. The cups were neatly laid out, along with a tray filled with tea, coffee, and a variety of pastries. Formal, yet friendly—which would reflect the tone of their discussion later.

Min Hyuk was about to buzz the intercom to call out his secretary when he heard the door was opened from outside. He turned and his jaw slightly dropped when Sulli with Min Ho entered the room with a modest girl. She’s not too beautiful, yet so attractive.

Her eyes were startling against the inky black of her hair, which consisted of corkscrew curls that tumbled past her shoulders and framed her face with a natural wildness she seemed unable to tame. Cute, he said it in his heart.

                “Hi Min Hyuk.” Sulli greeted him; he nodded slowly and raised his eyebrows. “Oh, you know Min Ho right? My boyfriend. And, this is Krystal. Krystal, this is Min Hyuk.” Sulli introduced them.

Min Hyuk reached his hand to shake with Min Ho, then to Krystal. Krystal hesitated at first but she accepts the hands anyways. He felt warm and pleasant with the simple touch. Krystal beamed a genuine smile. So does he.

                “Min Hyuk, I’ll leave both of you to discuss okay? I’ll be at outside.” Sulli said before grabbing Min Ho’s hands and went out. The situation suddenly becomes so awkward.

                “Please sit.” Min Hyuk said.                                                                           

She slid gracefully into the cushioned chair, swiveled away from the desk, and crossed her legs. The slinky red material crept up and gave him a glimpse of olive skin, smooth and athletic.

She looks nice in red, he thought.

                “Tea or coffee?”

                “I’ll go with tea.”

                “Sugar or cream?”

                “Sugar, two spoons.”

                “I can see you like sweet things.” He said slowly while pouring the tea into cup, passed it to Krystal.

                “Yes, quite of.” She replied slowly.

                “So, what should we discuss?” he furrowed his eyebrows, waiting for the reply.

                “I guess about our pretend thingy?”

                “Oh ya, so what do you want out of this pretend marriage?” he straight-forward.

                “What should I do?” she asked back. Min Hyuk laughed slightly seeing how innocent this girl in front of him.

                “All you need to do is pretend to be my wife. What do you want in return?”

                “50,000 dollars, at the end of this month.” She said, Min Hyuk jerked out at his chair.

                “Gambling debts?” he still asked. Krystal’s face changed.

                “It’s none of your business.”

                “It’s my business because you’ll be my wife.”

                “A pretend wife.” She corrected him.

           “Doesn't it sounded same? 50,000 dollars is hell too much. Shopping expenses?” and invisible walls slammed between them.

                “No.” she answered softly.

                “Then?” temper flared in her eyes when Min Hyuk slipped those words from his lips.

              “None of your business. Part of the deal is that you ask me no questions about the money or how I intend to use it.”

              “I just wonder, why do a girl like you need big amount of money. Hmmm, anything else?” he said, wanting to see if Krystal will let him know about the gambling debts.

              “You don't need to know, it's my business not yours. Where do we live after this?”

              “My home. I don't want to live anywhere but my home”

             “I see...okay then. I will go back to Korea two weeks more.”

             “For? Are you palnning to run away after get my money?”

              “Maybe I'm a gold digger, but I'll always keep my promise. I want to go back to discuss this matter with my family.”

              “Can’t you pretend you’re an orphan, we’ll be married for one year only.” He sighed. Krystal's family involvement is not the right thing to do.

              “How dare you to ask me to be an orphan when I’m actually have family?” she clenched her teeth. “And I don’t like one year. Six months are enough.”

               “One year. It’s decided by me. You just need to pretend.”

               “Then, follow my words this time as I followed yours.”

               “What?”

               “I’m very close to my family and they’ll need a good reason to believe I’m suddenly getting married.”

               “Just tell them we ran into each other after all these years and decided to marry.”

Krystal rolled her eyes. “They’re not allowed to know about this arrangement, so they need to believe we’re madly in love. You’ll have to come to dinner so we can make the announcement. And it needs to be convincing. I love my family more than anything else and I hope you can respect my family, even though it's all a fake marriage, but take me with full of manner” she said with one full breath.

                “Okay, I’m a good actor.”

                “Two weeks more, you’ll follow me to Korea.”

His features tightened but he managed a nod. “Fine.” His voice dripped with sarcasm. “Anything else?”

She looked a bit nervous as she shot him a glance, then rose from the chair and began pacing the room. She took a deep breath and spoke. “One other thing.”

                “What?”

                “I’m sure you’re aware with this.”

                “What? I don’t understand double meaning Krystal-ssi.”

            “You are not allowed to touch me except the kiss we’ll be shared on the altar.” He laughed when those words slipped from .

                “Of course. Who wants to touch you?” he replied sarcastically. Krystal smoothen her expression.

                “Good thing that you had no intention.”

               "But, I'm allowed to have skinships with you. Our acting needs to be convincing as you said before right?"

               "Okay fine, but don't cross over the line." she warned. Min Hyuk let out a laugh.

              “You're so demanding. Don't worry I won't. Anything else, Krystal-ssi? Looks like you have more conditions than I do.”

                “Nothing. That’s all.”

                “So, you’ll agree to the terms?” she nodded slowly, earning a satisfied smile from Min Hyuk. This girl has caught his attention since then, she looks firm outside, but she’s soft-hearted.

                “One year only and you’ll be free. I’ll prepare the contract and leave your phone number, here.”

Clumsily, she took out the piece of paper and pen, wrote her number on the piece of paper. She gave the paper to Min Hyuk with tremble hands.

                “Here.”

                “Good. A dinner with my family tomorrow. Don’t forget.”

                “I think our discussion has met its goals right? I better leave now.”

                “Okay, see you tomorrow.”

Krystal went out and ruffled her hair vigorously.

I’m stuck with this stupid marriage. Omma, forgive me. I had to do this. She muttered.


Oh babies! That's all tsk tsk I have writer's block these days since I've been sick uhuk uhuk

But, I'll try to update day after tomorrow okay?

I hope you'll satisfied with my updates.

Thanks you readers :")