Chapter 5

We Got Married 2!

 

 

Krystal squirmed in her seat as the silence in the red Fairlady stretched between them. Her husband-to-be seemed just as uncomfortable, and chose to focus his energy into his MP3 player in the car. He finally settled on some band’s songs. She almost shuddered again when she thought of sharing the same residence with him. For an entire year. She sighed deeply.

 

How should I live with such cold guy? She mumbled quietly.

 

                “Do you like this singer?” she asked, broke the silence; plus the song was pretty good to her ears.

 

                “Hm, I like all his songs.”

 

                “Oh, I see. You have taste in music.”

 

                “What kind of music do you like?” he asked back, with same cold tone.

 

                “I’m actually like music without words. Like Mozart.”

 

                “Oh really? You have unique taste. Why do you like that kind of music?”

 

                “It produces more peaceful melody. But, I like other music too such as Westlife, Eric Clapton, Bon Jovi…”

 

                “Backstreet Boys, Blue, Richard Max…I can see you like old school’s songs.” He interrupted. She smiled slightly and nodded.

 

                “Yup, to be exact.”

 

                “Finally, we have a thing in common, at least.”

 

They veered back to silence with Unchained Melody by Gareth Gates as background. She knew they were both nervous as the miles to her house shortened. Playing the loving couple wouldn’t be easy when they couldn’t even carry on a two-minute conversation. So she decided to try again.

 

                “Do you like cats?”

 

                “Not really, but I don’t hate them.” He let out small laugh.

 

                “I love cats.”

 

                “What’s the point? Oh—no you’re not going to have a cat right?”

 

                “But—I…”

 

                “It’s a big NO.”

 

                “Hm, okay.”

 

They got back to silence state once again. She snorted at her seat. Min Hyuk turned left, parked his car and cut the engine. They both studied the house from outside; the structure radiated friendly warmth from each classic pillar to the graceful wraparound porch. Large picture windows with black shutters dotted the front. It hid the peeling white paint on the columns, the cracked step at the top of the patio, the worn roof.

 

                “Are we ready?” he asked.

 

She glanced at him. His face was shuttered, his eyes distant. His chest filled the shirt out nicely. A little too nice for her taste. Obviously, he exercised, and went to gym to get perfect figure like this. She wondered if he had a flat stomach or six packs on his tummy, but the thought bring more butterflies to her own tummy so she pushed away the ridiculous thoughts and concentrated on their immediate problem.

 

                “Seriously you look like you’re going to die. Come on, it’s just my family. They won’t eat people alive.” She said bluntly. Min Hyuk glared at her and chuckled.

 

                “Yes, I am. How should I pretend that we’re loving couple?”

 

                “We pretended week ago in front of your father.” She reminded him; feeling annoyed out of sudden.

 

                “So I guess we’re ready?” he asked back. She stiffened at his question.

 

                “Listen, Min Hyuk-ssi. We’re supposed to be madly in love. If they suspect otherwise, I can’t marry you, and my family will be in dan…” she paused when she realized she almost slipped out her secret. “Oh whatever, all you need to is put on a good act.”

 

                “Don’t be such cliffhanger Krystal-ssi.” He turned his body to face Krystal. “I really wonder why do you need such big amount of money.”

 

                “No need to know. It’s none of your business.”

 

                “Okay, let’s go in. Your family have waited too long.” He said.

 

Krystal knocked the door, trying hard to put a smile on her face. Suddenly, Min Hyuk wrapped his arms on her waist, made she almost jumped out of the shock.

 

                “Wh..what are you doing?”

 

                “Acting. Don’t we look like loving couple now?” he teased. Her cheeks redden.

 

The main door was opened from outside, presented a middle-aged woman at the door. Krystal released herself from Min Hyuk, embarrassed.

 

                “I’m sure you’re Min Hyuk.” Her mom said.

 

                “Yes, I am. It’s an honor to meet you, ma’am.”

 

                “Aigoo—it’s omma—not ma’am. You’re going to be Krystal’s husband anyway.”

 

Unknowingly, Min Hyuk blushed a bit and his heart fluttered with the word of husband. He glanced at Krystal. Her expression smoothened and she smiled sweetly.

 

                “Min Hyuk, this is my mother and this is my brother, Hyun. Hanna is away for her MT but I’ll make sure you’ll meet her soon.” She said. Min Hyuk nodded slowly and smiled at Hyun.

 

                “Noona, your future husband is handsome.” Hyun complimented.

 

                “As handsome as you, Hyun.” She said back, made the younger laughed gleefully.

 

                “Let’s go in, I have prepared some dinner. I hope you’ll like it.” Her mother said, and locked her hands with Min Hyuk, guided the young man to their house.

 

Krystal smiled down at Hyun. “Let’s go, Hyun.” She pushed her brother into the house; followed her mother’s steps to kitchen. The embracing warmth of her clan settled around her like a fuzzy cloak, and fought with the nerves jumping in her belly.

 

Could she pull this off? Kang Min Hyuk with the fake marriage for one full year was a thing. If her mother suspected she had made a marriage contract to her family, she’d never forgive her. The thoughts of her secrets would be spilled gave a shiver to her body.

 

                “Are you okay noona?” her brother asked, she looked upon him and smiled sweetly.

 

                “I’m fine, Hyun.”

 

                “Noona, where did you get the money to pay father’s debt?” he asked suddenly. Her face stiffened, she could not answer the tough question of her brother.

 

                “I borrowed from Sulli. You know Sulli right? She’s my friend.”

 

                “Oh, I see. Then, how you’re going to pay her back?”

 

                “That’s not your business Hyun. All I want you to do is study. I don’t want money issue burden you. Okay?”'

 

                “But…”

 

                “Stop Hyun. Promise me you’ll study hard; get your degree and better position to make sure we’ll never suffer anymore. Promise?”

 

                “Okay, I promise.”

 

                “Let’s not talk about debt anymore. I’ve settled with it, okay? You don’t have to worry, it’s my responsibility anyway.”

 

                “Okay.” Hyun said, but he still felt little weird. Out of sudden, his sister wants to get marry, and at the same time, she paid all the debt. Brushed away the negative thoughts, Hyun followed her sister from behind.

 

The dinner passed with some Korean dishes made by her mother with full of love. Krystal watched as Min hyuk settled himself down on the floor; since her house doesn’t have any furniture. She smiled when she saw how her mother talked with Min Hyuk and how Min Hyuk listened politely, laughed in the right places, and did a perfect job of looking like a gentleman.

 

                “Omma, I guess it’s time for Min Hyuk to go home. He has meeting tomorrow.” She said softly. Her mother smiled and nodded.

 

                “Thank you for delicious dishes just now. I haven’t eat Korean food for ages.” He said and bowed to the elder.

 

Hugged the guy warmly; her mother said, “Thank you for taking care of Krystal while she’s away for her study.” Deep inside, Min Hyuk felt guilty because he lied, but still he patted the elder’s back softly.

 

                “I’ll make her happy. I promise.” He bluffed.

 

                “Thanks. For your cooperation.” She said when she sent him to the door. Min Hyuk’s face changed from pleasant to cold expression.

 

                “I did this for my own sake.” He said. He wondered himself, why did he so cold with Krystal.

 

                “Whatever, but still thanks. At least you didn’t spill about our contract.”

 

                “Then, welcome. I’ll go first.”

 

                “Good night.” She said simply. Min Hyuk didn’t reply and shoved himself into his car. She sighed deeply before dragged her legs to her bedroom.

__________________________________________________________________________________

She was wandering around her neighborhood that morning. She decided to take a walk since she hasn’t been there for years. Exhaled and inhaled the scent of morning dew, she felt sad, happy, and guilty, disappointment, all the feelings mixed.

 

Out of the blue, she reached at her father’s grave. She tried to control her tears but her eyes disobey, and tears slowly caressed her soft cheeks. She knelt down and touched the gravestone. Looked at the picture of her father; stared deeply. Yes, her father was a gambler, but he wasn’t before his company met the failure.

 

She still remembered, up until Hanna was three years old, her family was a happy family. Her father was a successful businessman. Then, some guy that he trusted; betrayed him and his company declared as bankrupt. Since that happened, her father turned into wild animal and gambler. He even beat her mother.

 

She wiped her tears with the back of her hand. I wasn’t supposed to cry. She said to herself.

 

                “Appa—this is me, Krystal. I miss you appa—don’t worry, I’ve way to settle all your debt. I promise I’ll take any cost to pay your debt.” She paused. “Appa, I’ll be marrying to this one guy soon. If you still alive, I’m sure you’ll like him. Appa—be happy okay, I love you and always love you.”

 

To be honest, she loved her father; even though he left without any single penny, instead left with gambling debts. Sighed; she sat on the grass and cried again. The pain in her chest expanded, this is the only way she could ease her pain.

 

She closed her eyes and tried to cope with everything. Slowly, she opened her eyes back, looked upon the clear sky. Clouds were formed beautifully on the sky; somehow, it calmed her down.

 

She fell asleep when someone came approached her. The unknown male smiled when he saw the lady that he had been waited, there. Carefully, he slipped out his jacket and wrapped it around the lady’s body; and placed her head on his lap.

 

He caressed Krystal’s hair lovingly, gave a peck on the top of her forehead; he was about to move to her lips but he stopped. I shouldn’t take advantage on her, he thought.

 

                “I miss you, Krystal.” He said softly; played with her fringe. “I love you.”


Hi lovelies ~~~

Updated yeay! :)

Uhm I just want to share this with my lovely readers and subbies.

"Is it wrong to like Kpop? To wrute fanfics? To write fics? Is it really wrong to have a big dream? I have a dream about being an author. Do they really need to mock my wiriting? I'm so sad with my friend's comments about my fics, it's very hurt. I love to write, and I know I'm not a good writer, but I'll try to improve my skills from time to time. No need to stalk my asianfanfics site to mock and insult me on Twitter and Facebook. Deeply, I'm hurt, I love them as my friends, I want them to support me, but instead, they let me down.  I didn't write anything because I'm down, I feel like I'm useless. I'm not a good author, I can't be a good author. That's my thoughts for past few hours, my heart sank, the pain in my chest is unexplainable T.T"

I'm thinking of mark this as subscribers-only and members-only to avoid them to stalk my profile and my stories. Is it okay with you?

I'll update again a day after tomorrow. You guys must be curious who's the guy that love Krystal right? Hehe *trying to get mood back*

Ok bye, thanks for reading this.

I love you subbies, thank you for be there for me, reading your positive comments makes me wanna write more <3