Chapter 25

We Got Married 2!

              “Where is she?” Adel asked as soon as she approached Min Hyuk. Min Hyuk heaved and pointed at operation room.

                “She’s inside.” He replied shortly. Chanyeol took a sit beside him and patted his shoulder.

                “I know it’s must be tough for you but she’s going to be fine.” He soothed Min Hyuk.

                “It’s my fault—if I didn’t take her out, she will not getting hurt like this. What if anything happen to our baby? We only have five days more to have our first baby and I ruined it. I ruined everything. I ruined our dreams. I’m not a good husband. I should just let her stay at home.” Min Hyuk and ruffled his messy hair. He was holding on her wedding band tightly.

                “It was not your fault, Min Hyuk. Krystal and your baby will be fine. Believe me.”

                “I saw the blood coming from her thighs. I was scared—I was afraid that I might lose her—or our baby. What should I do without her?”

                “Min Hyuk, have faith. You should go and wash up. Brush off all the negative thoughts in your mind. I’ll buy you a coffee. Let’s go.”

With that, Min Hyuk dragged both of his legs; following Chanyeol from behind. They settled themselves at one of coffee shop and order their usual coffee. Min Hyuk heaved a deep sigh as he sat on the chair.

                “Min Hyuk, she’s going to be alright. I know.”

                “What makes you so sure that she gonna be alright?”

                “Because she is a strong woman and apparently, she is your wife and of course, she will fight for her life and your baby as well.” Chanyeol beamed a smile. “Adel is waiting outside the operation room and she will tell us once the operation ends. You don’t have to worry.”

                “Okay—if you said so.” Min Hyuk breathed and laid his back against the chair while took a sip of his coffee.

Moment later, they were lost in their own thoughts when Chanyeol’s mobile screamed out loud. Chanyeol took out his phone from his left pocket.

                “Yes wifey?”

Min Hyuk’s eyes wide in reaction as soon as he heard Adel’s voice from Chanyeol’s phone. He rushed to where Krystal was just now and he could see the doctors went out from the operation; followed by the attendants behind; strolling a bed with a body on it—covered up by white blanket. Min Hyuk felt his legs weakened and he walked helplessly to the body.

                “Krystal…” he cried. “Why? Why?”

He shamelessly cried in front of the doctors and everyone. He shook the soulless body on that bed and tears slowly flowed down through his cheeks. He buried his face and fell on his knees. He stayed still in the same position for couple minutes before Chanyeol patted his back.

                “Min Hyuk—get up now.” Chanyeol hushed him. Min Hyuk stared at Chanyeol confusedly because Chanyeol was blushing and Adel grinned.

                “Get up Min Hyuk. You are embarrassing us right now.”

                “What do you mean? I’m sad right now. What about our baby?”

                “Your baby is fine, and I am fine too.” A familiar voice from behind interrupted them. Min Hyuk frowned and turned around. Krystal was there; holding on her baby—throwing coy smiles to Min Hyuk.

                “What…is this?” Min Hyuk pointed at the body he was hugging for almost an hour just now.

                “This is someone’s else body. You are being so overacting, hubby.” Krystal laughed.

                “Why didn’t you tell me?” Min Hyuk glanced at Chanyeol.

                “I was trying to stop you—but you ran so fast I couldn’t catch up.” Chanyeol sighed. “Dude, you are being overreacting, really.”

Min Hyuk grinned and brushed off his pants and scratched his head cutely. “I thought…aish! Come on, I must run from this embarrassing moment like right now.” He said and casually walked away. The others—including the doctors and nurses laughed as they watched him went away.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Krystal groaned in pain as she crunched her face. She brought her right hand to cover the sunlight that beamed aggressively against her eyes. She rubbed her eyes several times and slowly opened her eyes. She widened her eyes as she realized Min Hyuk was next to him—sleeping peacefully like nothing disturbing him. She clenched her teeth and with one motion, she pushed him off from bed.

                “You—you are up…” Min Hyuk uttered with shaky voice. Krystal was wearing her angry face and if tiger look at her face now, the tiger would run because it was scary. Too scary.

                “As what I remember last night, you weren’t supposed to sleep next to me right?” she asked with stern voice.

                “Good morning wifey.” Min Hyuk greeted his wife and chuckled—and mentally preparing for his own death.

Instantly, Krystal shot a blood glare to Min Hyuk and threw the pillows to him. Min Hyuk dodged the pillows while trying to approach his wife.

                “Okay, I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” He said.

                “Don’t talk to me. I’m still angry with you.” She muttered.

                “Wifey, don’t be like this. Okay okay, I’ll cancel the trip or should you go with me? I mean, you can stay in hotel room while I’m doing presentation with Bel…”

Another pillow landed on his face. “Don’t talk to me.” She said and turned her face away. “While I stay in hotel room, you will going out with Bella and leave me alone right? It’s our anniversary!”

                “We can have second honeymoon then. I bet Min Hee wants sister or brother.”

                “I don’t want!”

                “Baby, why are you being like this?” Min Hyuk sighed. “Okay, I’ll leave you alone to think about it.” With that, Min Hyuk walked out from their room, leaving her alone—unsatisfied and frustrated.

Krystal stepped out from shower while peeking around—searching for Min Hyuk. She thought he would come again and coaxed her but he didn’t. She sighed and wore her outfit. She slowly made her way downstairs straight to the kitchen. She saw Min Hyuk was frying something and she made his usual black-coffee and awkwardly sit on dining table waiting for him.

                “Listen—I don’t want to leave you like this. So I’m going to settle this matter before I out for meeting.” Min Hyuk said while resting his on chair—opposite to his wife.

                “Baby—you need to understand my work and my responsibility. It was my fault—I admit it because I’m not aware about our anniversary. So, why don’t you follow me to Beijing and I’ll take you to the conference to make sure you are not alone and after that, we can have a walk around Beijing—and Bella could be our tour guide…”

                “Okay, sorry. I’ll hire our own tour guide.” He corrected his sentence when he saw that death glare inside her eyes.  “Sounds good?”

                “But—how about Min Hee? Who’s going to take care after her?”

                “We can ask Adel and Chanyeol to look out of her. She’ll marry Taehyung anyways.” Min Hyuk grinned.

                “Tch—let Min Hee choose her own partner. Don’t be a cruel father.”

                “Okay, okay. So?”

                “Promise me you’ll come to me as soon as you finish with your conference.”

                “I promised.” He replied. “Since we have resolved things, can I get my morning kiss?”

                “I agreed with your plan, but I didn’t say that I forgive you. You forget our anniversary.” She said and folded her arms on her chest.

                “So, I’m not allowed to sleep in room again?”

                “Yes.” She answered clearly. She got up from her seat and silently smiled—not wanting to show that smile in front of Min Hyuk.

She was happy and glad to have Min Hyuk as her husband because Min Hyuk knows how to handle the complicated Krystal and managed to make her smile instantly even though they had a big fight. He knows how to pampered her with love and make her feel so loved by him.

                “Mummy—” a familiar cute voice called her out. She turned and throw smile at her daughter and knelt down to reach her height.

                “Good morning Min Hee. Did you sleep well last night?” she asked while fixing her daughter’s hair.

                “Yes.” Min Hee answered and giggled because it was ticklish whenever the hair touched her cheeks. “Where’s daddy?”

                “I’m here.” He answered. “Come here. You need to help me, Min Hee.” Min Hee ran to her father and climbed on his lap.

                “What is it, daddy?”

                “I didn’t get any morning kiss from your mom. What should I do now? I feel so weak right now and I don’t have strength to go to office.”

                “Let me give you a morning kiss!” She said happily and kissed both of his cheeks. “Eh, why? Daddy you look so sloppy.” She commented after seeing Min Hyuk’s sad face even though she had kissed him.

                “Yours is not same with your mom’s.”

                “Oh—really?” Min Hee turned her head to Krystal and made an angry face. “Mummy, you should give daddy his morning kiss. Poor daddy.”

                “Let him be. He doesn’t deserve it.”

                “Mummy!”

                “Min Hee, why don’t you go and take all your belongings? We are going to Auntie Adel’s house. You want to meet Taehyung and Jin Ah right?”

                “Okay—goodbye daddy. Don’t be sad okay. I’m always there with you.”

                “Okay, thank you Min Hee.” He replied to her daughter. He turned to Krystal and sighed. “I’ll be going now. Drive safely to Adel’s house.”

                “Okay.” Krystal said with monotone. She walked him to front door and watched him put his shoes on. She fixed his tie and smiled. “Do you still want a morning kiss?”

Min Hyuk nodded and dropped his briefcase. He put his both hands on her cheeks and pulled her for a kiss. They were in their own world for a moment before they hear something clicking from their side. Min Hyuk broke the kiss and saw Min Hee—on their side, was busy taking picture of them. Krystal bit her lower lip and pushed Min Hyuk away.

                “Mummy! Daddy! Both of you looked so adorable in this picture!” she beamed.

Min Hyuk laughed heartily. “Do we? We are an adorable couple anyways, that’s why you were born.” He playfully smiled.

                “You are late. Go now.” Krystal said out of embarrassment. Min Hyuk chuckled and sneakily pecked her lips again.

                “I love you.” He said quickly and waved to his angels. “Bye!”

Soon, his car disappeared from their sight. Krystal looked at her daughter and shook her head. “Min Hee, don’t do that anymore okay?”

                “Mummy—do you love Daddy that much?”

                “What do you think?”

                “I think you do.”

                “Of course I do. He’s my world and you’re my star.” She replied and patted Min Hee’s head. “Come on, let me do the dishes first then we’ll go to Auntie Adel okay?”

                “Okay!” Min Hee chirped happily.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Krystal blew her own breath into her cold hands and brushed them together. It was so cold and she was so bored sitting at the lobby waiting for Min Hyuk. The conference was going to end and she waited patiently for her husband. She yawned several times and blinked her eyes. She cursed herself for not bring any material to read while waiting. She glanced at her wrist. It’s almost an hour since she arrived.

Moment later, she saw people coming out from the conference room. She smiled and searched for her husband. Min Hyuk was walking with Bella with smiles on his face. Krystal pouted and scolded herself for being too jealous.

                “You are here.” Min Hyuk said and pinched her nose.

                “I’ll call you later.” Bella said before walked away from the couple. Krystal shot a glare to her husband.

                “What? Call you? What does she want from you?” she asked.

                “Business matters. Aigoo—I didn’t know my wife could be this jealous.”

                “Whatever. Let’s go. I’m so hungry.”

                “Okay.” Min Hyuk took her hands. “Let’s go.”

They walked to front door while holding to each other tightly. Krystal smiled and laughed when Min Hyuk cracked stupid jokes—well, it’s Min Hyuk anyways. He had never done a proper joke but hey, his daughter loves all his stupid jokes so who cares. On their way to car, Krystal accidentally dropped her bag. She bent down to pick up and her eyes widened in shock when she tilted her head.

                “Hey! Kris!” she screamed and threw herself to hug Kris. Kris laughed and patted her back. “What are you doing here?” she asked when she released her arms around Kris.

                “I’m attending a meeting with shareholders here. So, what are you doing here?”

Before Krystal even answered the question, Min Hyuk faked a cough. Only then Krystal realized she’s not alone. “Min Hyuk attended a conference just now. I follow him all the way.” She smiled.

                “Ah— I see. Hey, I’m going first. Have a fun trip here. I could bring you for a walk. Give me a call.” Kris said before making his way. After he disappeared, Min Hyuk took Krystal’s hand and took the mobile phone in her hand.

                “Don’t ever think to call him.” he said sternly. “You are mine and I’m the one who’s going to take you for a walk.”

Krystal chuckled, “Aigoo—look at your jealous face. Aigoo—cute, cute, cute.” She said while putting her hands on his cheeks.

                “Stop calling me cute. I’m not cute. I’m cool and handsome.” He then replied.

                “Now, we’re even okay? You too, don’t you dare to make a call to Bella and then I promise you not to call Kris. Okay?” Krystal made a deal.

                “Aigoo—look your jealous face.” Min Hyuk mimicked her.

                “I’m going to call Kris…”

                “Tch—okay okay. I’ll not call her.”

                “Good. Now, I’m hungry, please bring me somewhere to eat.”

                “Okay wifey.” He smiled.

After filled up their stomach with Peking duck, Zhajiangmian, and Aiwowo at Yu Shan Royal Dish Restaurant near to Tiantan North Road, they continued their journey to Forbidden City. The magnificent Forbidden City is the largest and the best-preserved imperial palace complex in the world. It has 9,999 rooms in flourishing period with just a single room short of the number that ancient Chinese belief represents 'Divine Perfection' and surrounded by a moat six meters deep and ten-meter high wall. Krystal was in awe while listening to the tour guide’s explanation.

Next, they went to Tiananmen Square, Jingshan Park and World Park. Soon after that they visited one of the 'Eight Wonders of the World' that enlisted in the World Heritage Directory, Great Wall of China.

                “I’m tired.” Krystal whined.

                “Let take a rest.” Min Hyuk said and took her hand to bench nearby.

                “Thank you for taking me out.” She said while massaging her legs.

                “Anything for my wife.” He beamed. “I want to take you somewhere tonight.”

                “To where?”’

                “It’s a secret!” he laughed.

                “I’ll be anticipating.” She replied. “We should go back to our hotel right? I need to get shower because I was sweating a lot.”

                “Sure because we’ll get the shower together.” He whispered. Krystal’s lips twitched and she smacked his back.

                “Calm yourself down please.”

As promised, that night, Min Hyuk took his wife to his somewhere without their tour guide and Krystal blurted out her concern what if they lost and didn’t know how to get back to hotel and Min Hyuk simply answered that they could sleep somewhere else then. And—he earned a pinch on his tummy.

                “This is Sichahai Lake.” Min Hyuk said. “I’ve rented one boat here so we could have our dinner on the boat. Sounds nice?” he asked. Krystal nodded.

Krystal looked at her surroundings; all the boats are paddled by the boatmen who wear in yellow vests and bamboo hats. All the boats are equipped with all the red lanterns. It somehow looked romantic and perfect for a couple.

                “So, are you happy with this?”

                “Beyond happy. Thank you hubby.”

The waiter hired by Min Hyuk served them with food and they dined in perfect mood. From the appetizer to main course, now they’re eating chocolate lava cake accompanied by red wine. They tossed their glass together while laughing.

                “I have something for you.” Min Hyuk said out of sudden.

                “What?”

                “Close your eyes first.”

                “Tch—so cliché.” She said but still closing her eyes anyways. She could hear Min Hyuk steps here and there like he was preparing something. Curiousity hit her but she did not feel it was right to take a peek on what Min Hyuk was doing. Moments later, she could feel Min Hyuk hands on her shoulders and she waited and anticipating for Min Hyuk’s little surprise.

                “Open your eyes now.” Min Hyuk commanded and Krystal opened her eyes slowly.

                “Wow!”

The table was gone and only left with the chair Krystal was sitting at. There are candles arranged carefully around her, making a heart shape and Min Hyuk was holding a big bouquet of daisy, her favorite flower.

                “What is this all about?” she asked in awe.

                “Today is our anniversary right?” he replied with smile on his face. “Happy Anniversary” he said and gave the flowers to her.

                “I’m not hearts and flowers types like you always mention to Min Hee too, but I want you to know that I’m grateful to have you as my wife, to have you as mother to Min Hee and to have you as my soulmate.”

                “Min Hyuk—ah…” Krystal murmured. Speechless.

Min Hyuk knelt down and held her hands. “But, do you want to be married to me forever?”

                “Are you proposing me again?”

                “Yes, but this time, you don’t have choice. The answers are yes and yes.” He joked. “Do you want to be trapped with this kind of man forever?”

                “If it’s you—I will say yes even in the next life.” she replied and held tightly onto his hands.

                “I have something else for you.” Min Hyuk took out a small box from his left pocket and gave it to Krystal. A nice necklace withheart-shaped locket was laid down in the box.

                “It’s beautiful.”

                “You must put it around your neck, every second. Don’t take it off. Understand?”

                “Why?”

                “Because, the locket will be placed the closest to your heart. That heart-shaped locket is my heart.” He smiled. “Tch—why am I so cheesy like this.”

Tears course unbidden Krystal eyes and she was teary with Min Hyuk’s effort to make her happy. “Thank you, hubby. No wonder I love you.”

                “I love you too. Can we go back to hotel now? It just because I can’t control myself to get you off from that dress.”

He earned a smack on his back as soon as he completed his sentence. Krystal smiled coyly before whispered into his ears.

                “I think it’s time to give Min Hee a brother or sister.” She said and they kissed each other lovingly.

Who would have imagined that marriage bargain could be this happy? They ended up love each other and now, they can’t be apart anymore. They are so in love—deeply and promised to love each other and grow old together. Strangers could be more than strangers because of love. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

So this is the end! ^^

I’m sorry for making you wait for long long long time. I was busy with my assignments and test I couldn’t update. Sorry :(

I want to thank everyone for subscribing this story and bear with my late updates. Thank you for being with me and stay with me through thick and thin. I love you all!

I’m going to have final exam next week for a month and then let’s have lots of time to hang out together. LOL. Wish me luck people! ^^

And yes, do read my other stories too.

Have a good day!