Chapter 1

We Got Married 2!

 

Settled down himself on the couch, Min Hyuk slowly slipped his coat from his well-built body; loosen up his tie. He rested his back on the couch and rubbing his head. He just received big headache this morning when his father blurted out about marriage.

                “If you can’t get me any future wife in two weeks, you’ll be marrying to Sulli.”

His father’s voice echoed to the walls. It’s not like he wants to disagree with his father’s suggestion, but he did not deserve Sulli. Sulli has boyfriend and he doesn’t have heart to force Sulli into marriage, even though he doesn’t have any feelings for Sulli, but if it’s what his father wants, he’d marrying Sulli.

Having Sulli in front of his penthouse one night, crying so badly makes him wants to protect that fragile girl. He still remembers.

                “Min Hyuk-ssi, please. Disagree with this. I can’t live without Min Ho I swear to God I can’t.” she cried all night long until she’s fall asleep in his arms. Watching she slept beautifully, even with tears, he promised himself to save this little girl from stupid arranged marriage by both families.

Truthfully, he doesn’t have any girl that he intends to make her as wife; he still has his head over Adel’s heels. Even though Adel is already has her own little family. It’s hard to move on, it takes only ten seconds to fall in love with Adel but to forget her, it’s impossible. He’d spend his whole life to wait for Adel. Feeling sinful, that’s why he moved to US; trying to build new life, erasing all his feelings towards Adel; but he failed.

He stood up and ruffled his hair before shuffled to the kitchen. He took out the frozen food and put them into microwave. Resting his hands against the kitchen counter, he still thinking; about his marriage. Poor Sulli if he can’t get anyone to be his wife. She will end up with him forever; and he’ll be guilty for the whole life, for separating Sulli from Min Ho. He shouldn’t be selfish.

The sounds from microwave snapped his mind; he carefully took out the pizza and grabbed a can of soda. Being in metropolitan New York City makes him feels lazy to cook, he cooked before; just to impress Adel. He eats emotionlessly and still thinking. He still remembers how amazed Adel was when he made something, and it was a good sight for him to see Adel smiled whenever she tasted his dishes.

His phone beeped, he took out his phone from his left pocket. Sighing at the name on the screen, he unlocked his phone.

                ‘Let’s meet tomorrow; we got things to be discussed.’ – Sulli

He typed something and re-read again before sending it back to Sulli.

                ‘1 p.m, Shinee’s Café’

And he turned off his phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The beautiful sunshine shining from above, birds chirping melodiously along with the sounds of car. New York City never be quiet, from the dawn till midnight, it never. Min Hyuk woke up and groaned. Another busy day to attend; he mumbled quietly. He sighed and ruffled his already messy hair. Looking at his reflection on the mirror, he smiled. He has a tall body, 186 cm, enough to make the Western fall in love with him. His small eyes; whenever he smiles, it’ll make him looks so cute. Compared himself to Chanyeol becomes his habit every single day. Chanyeol is the husband of Adel. The man he lost his girl to.

Min Hyuk grabbed his towels and went straight to bathroom. After take a warm and quick bath, he slipped his suit and tightens his tie. He took his phone on charger, car keys and briefcase before shoved himself into his hot red Audi and drove along the busy road.

He hummed to his favorite song, Love Light while driving. He turned to left and saw 63-storey building in front of him, K Corporation. He parked his car and rushed to elevator, people greeted him and bow. Who doesn’t know the only heir for K Corporation. He smiled and bows back.

                “Lily, please handed me the file of our new invention project.” He said to his secretary and disappeared to his office. Loosen up his tie a bit, he rested his case on the chair; turning on the laptop and start doing his work.

                “Mr. Kang, here’s the file you’re asking for.” Lily put the file on table. She opened the diary book and started to brief about Min Hyuk’s schedule for today. Min Hyuk gave a nod to his secretary.

                “Do you want anything, Mr. Kang?”

                “Please make me a cup of coffee. I haven’t had my breakfast yet.”

                “Do you want some toast? I can make it for you.”

                “Sure.” Then Lily went out. Min Hyuk grabbed the file in front of him and checked it carefully. This invention project is important to his company. K Corporation will collaborate with big company in Italy, La Conte’ Magherita.

                “Mr. Kang, your coffee and toast.”

                “Thank you Lily, and you can go home early today. It’s your anniversary right?”

                “Really? Thank you, Mr. Kang. How do you know?”

            “I have instinct.” Min Hyuk laughed. Actually he knew from Lily’s SNS account. Today is her 4th Anniversary.

                “Thank you, you’re so kind.”

                “No problem. Enjoy your day.”

After Lily closed the door, Min Hyuk started to do his work.

__________________________________________________________________________________

                “Min Hyuk, please. Think.” Sulli begged. Min Hyuk crossed his arms and leaned his back against the chair.

                “The only way is I have to find a wife.” He sighed. “And it’s impossible to find a wife within two weeks.”

                “Min Hyuk…” she started to cry. Min Hyuk scooted closer to her and patted her back.

                “I know you love him, Sulli. But there’s nothing I could do. Our parents are scary.”

                “I told them that I have boyfriend, but they still want you as their son-in-law. They told me, if only you have your own choice, then I can marry with Min Ho.”

                “Yes, my father told me the same too.”

                “They’re so determined about our marriage. That’s why I ing hate being in this family.” Sulli complained. Seeing how red her eyes were, Min Hyuk’s heart sank.

                “I need to find a wife. But, to be honest, I don’t have any girlfriend.”

                “Please Min Hyuk, I don’t want this stupid ty marriage and I know, you’re kind enough to save me from this, right?”

                “But…” then, he looked upon the little girl’s face and smiled guiltily. “What about we just follow the parents’ order and I’ll divorce you after one month? We can say we don’t have any feelings towards each other.”

                “No!” she protested. “Once we agreed, there’s no turning back. Our parents will do their best to make sure we can be happy in this marriage, understand? How could you think about divorcing me?”

                “Yeah, because I think it’s the best way.”

                “Min Hyuk?” she called him.

                “Hm?”

                “Should we find a pretend wife for you?” she asked. Min Hyuk’s eyes widened.

                “A pretend wife?”

                “Yes, she‘ll pretend to be your wife. After a year, you can divorce her. And I can have a happy life with Min Ho.”

                “What the hell are you talking about? I’ll be a bad guy if I divorce her.”

                “Back then, you said, you’ll divorce me, Min Hyu. You treat me differentially right now.” She glared.

                “It’s because I think you’ll be happy if I divorce you, and you’ll be happy with Min Ho. But, in this pretend wife case, I think it’s too cruel to divorce someone.”

                “Then, don’t divorce her.” She said bluntly.

                “But I love someone else; I can’t make any other girl happy with me, because I love someone else’s wife.” Min Hyuk said while keeping his head down.

                “You don’t get my point is it? I know this one girl; she came from moderate family, no boyfriend, lots of responsibilities and has some gambling debts by his late father. Sounds good?”

                “Sulli…”

                “Meet her first, and then decide. I’ll talk to her.” Grabbed her clutch and stood up. “I’ll call you later Min Hyuk.” Then she goes away, left the confused guy behind.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Krystal unlocked her small apartment just to find it empty. Her housemates are gone for clubbing. New York City and clubs could never be separate. She just got off from her part time work as cashier at McDonalds.

Lying herself on the bed, she stared at ceiling. Thinking about what’s her future will be like. She has two weeks more before she graduated as degree holder in banking and finance field. She’ll find a job and find money to pay back his late father’s debts. Then, she’ll go back to Korea and provide her siblings with better accommodation.

Krystal already got a plan, a plan of her life. Other girls at her age would want to enjoy their life as long as they can, but Krystal is different. She has plans, to make sure her family’s happiness. Her heart hurt when she thinking how hard her mother works in Korea just to feed her little brother and sister. Her little brother has to get into university soon and she has to prepared lots of money for it and her little sister will enter the high school, so the expenses will be increase plus her mother is sick. Despite the fact she’s poor and live moderately, she still able to achieve lots of thing in her life. Got good grades and obtained a scholarship.

At first, she didn’t want to go to United States to further her study, but this one guy forced her and even provides her with allowances, and promised her to take care of her family. She owes that guy, so now she has to pay back all his kindness.

Her phone suddenly rang, make she startled. She grabbed the phone and raised her eyebrow at the caller ID. She touched the green button and put the phone in her ear.

                “Yes, Sulli?” she said as soon as the other over here said hello.

                “Wanna meet?”

                “But, I’m tired. Plus I don’t want to go out. You know me right?” Krystal lightly laughed. Sulli is her friend that she met one day at coffee shop. She helped Sulli that time, so Sulli feel grateful and they are good friends after that day. Knowing Sulli is the only daughter of M Corporation, Krystal didn’t take advantage on her. Sometimes, Sulli would buy expensive thing for Krystal, but she rejected it.

                “If so, let me come to your place? Sounds good?” Sulli asked with happy voice. Krystal got up from bed and ruffled her long silky hair.

                “Um…but you know, I share this house with my friends, I don’t know if they want any guest…”

                “Then, let’s go out!”

                “Okay then. Where?” Krystal agreed, knowing how stubborn Sulli is.

                “Texas Chicken, now. I’ll be right there.” Sulli hang up. Krystal shook her head and stepped into bathroom.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Krystal sat on glancing on her wrist-watch. She sighed helplessly and buried her hands deep into her warm pocket. She beamed a smile and waved at Sulli when she saw that lively and fresh girl enter the restaurant with her boyfriend.

                “I’m sorry I’m late.” Sulli said as soon as she rested his on the chair. Krystal smile sweetly.

                “It’s okay. I know you already.” She chuckled. Sulli playfully pinched her arms. Min Ho cleared up his throat.

                “Hi, Min Ho.” Krystal greeted.

                “Hi, Krystal. How are you doing? Study is good?”

                “Yes, pretty good. Two weeks and I’ll be free.” She replied happily. Sulli nudged her boyfriend’s arms.

                “Of course she’s doing well. She got 4 flat last semester and I only got 3.6.” Sulli pouted.

                “Stop complimenting me, Sulli. It makes me shy.”

                “You deserve it, .” That’s what real friendship is. Calling each other , , and is normal between Krystal and Sulli.

                “Come and work with me once you graduated.” Min Ho offered. Krystal shook her head.

                “No, I want to go back to Korea and find a job there. My family needs me. By the way, thank you Min Ho-ssi.”

                “I told you not to be formal with me, if you’re Sulli’s friend, then automatically you’re my friend too.” Min Ho said while smiling.

                “It just awkward.” She said and scratched her head. Sulli smiled and encircled her arms around her boyfriend’s.

                “Baby, you know Krystal right? Typical Krystal is shy anywhere and anytime.” She laughed.

                “Yeah typical me is being a typical me.” Three of them chortled and nodded; agreed.

                “When will you go back to Korea?”

                “Hm? I guess right after we graduate.” She answered shortly. “So, what is it? What you need from me, that you called me in the middle of night, Sulli? ” Krystal asked.

                “I need you to help me.”

                “Sulli, you know that I’ll help you no matter what. As much, as I can. What is it?”

                “You promised me you’ll help me. So, you must help me.” Sulli emphasized her words and Krystal widened her eyes. It must be something big.

                “Baby, you’re scaring her.” Min Ho said and patted Sulli’s back.

Silence surrounded them as Sulli didn’t know how to blurt out her crazy suggestion. The waiter came and put the three serving of fried chicken in front of them. Sulli carefully took a sip of coke and put it back on the table, stared at Krystal with hoping eyes.

                “I want you to be a pretend wife.”

Krystal jerked out at her words.


Hi subbies! Chapter 1 up!

What do you think about this chappie?

Please drop off your comments and thought. 

And I'm really sorry for late update, I was supposed to update last night, but something came up. Mianhae :(

Thank you for subscribing and upvote. I love you :")